Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Soooo it's basically New Super Smash Bros.?

Ugh god, are we seriously going to do this (you're probably not serious, but still I'm a bit peeved that the implication would be genuine elsewhere)?

Riht now I'm going to assume people are calling it Brawl 2 because the game is still fresh in their minds and not enough is known about the new game. Which would make me assume people would wait for more info, but nah, it's already justifiable calling in Brawl 2.

As much as we all hate 06, I actually think some of the expressions for Sonic in the CGI, would be great inspiration for this.( Like when he jumps for the ledge, falls and then the explosion knocks him back up. Something similar to that would be a great face for Sonic to make when getting hit.)

Either way, I do agree Sonic needs some more facial expressions, as he looks rather bland compared to the rest.

Well he kept bringing up about all these pics may not be final even to a specific character which was peach. He made it seem like the profile will be updated

He kept bringing that up so as to not expect the final product to look exactly like the screen captures from an alpha build of the compile. Super Smash Bros. has traditionally been followed by a lot of hype, which sometimes can far exceed the quality of the game.

As for Sonic having a lack of public appearances: you know that Smash Bros. has a roster size of more than just a few, yeah? Mario shows up frequently since it's a Nintendo title; Mega Man is a newcomer from a company which hasn't been represented before. The frequency of Sonic showing up should be compared to veterans which aren't related to the Mario or Zelda franchises and you would notice a much similar number.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so I thought I would bring forward a thought I had in a status, and thought might be an interesting idea to converse about in here a bit in a bit further detail:

What if Sakurai made Jigglypuff a Tag Team with Meowth? Now I know you might be saying WHAT?! about now, but bear with me, and listen to these points:

A) one of the most complained about things with jigglypuff is her moveset, but due to her being a vet, there is only so much you can do with it

B)Meowth was originaly considered instead of jigglypuff from what I heard for the original SSB, and has had very little decline in popularity and relavence unlike jiggly(as far as I know)

C) it would be an interesting way to shake things up a bit, while keeping a classic rep while expanding the moveset eponentialy

Now, how would this work? there are two that stand out to me, one is a sorta fusion between Zelda/Sheik, and Pokemon trainer, where one is on the side of the screen, and could swap with the other
The other is a sorta Ice Climbers/ Rosalina Luma fusion, where you have them working in tandem(for some reason or other), but with rather different movesets

So what are you thoughts and ideas on this? would it even be plausible? do you think it would be rather cool, or even interesting

So come on discuss :D

Its possible may not even like the new characters too.

I hope they can expand on the level builder. They can do so much more with these.

My idea Id that they have one big level, imagine the size of rainbow cruise. We would have a bunch of premade worlds we can set up on. Like imagine with mushrooms kingdom we can choose any spot in that level where we choose to fight and add blocks around the area you choose were the battle happens.

You choose a theme, then you can have a white box outline to move around in the world and choose were the battle take place. Then you can adjust the size as big as new pork city or as small as wario ware.

You'll also be able to move the screen to the air so not all your battles are on ground.

Then once you choose your spot you can place your objects and blocks in the area you chose.

So yea......or they can do some other creative stuff.

Meowth by himself or bust.

It's hard to tell how similar this will be to Brawl because it's been so long and we STILL know barely anything about the game. We've been getting daily pictures, yes, but only recently were they anything with any real substance to them.

I say wait it out. Sakurai doesn't want it to be nothing but a roster upgrade. We might see some cool shit soon.

Meowth by himself or bust.

Yes. I would love for Meowth to be playable. After all, he's the only Pokemon besides Pikachu to appear in nearly every episode of the anime (I know we're talking mainly about the games, but still). I'd like to see him by himself, or at least with the Pokemon trainer or something.

Giving Falco and Wolf a different Final Smash for example.

I still think it's bull crap that three characters had to share same Final Smash. It's one of the reasons I think a lot of the Final Smashes in Brawl were thrown together at the last minute. I may be pointing out the obvious, but it seems like a decent number of stuff is always cut out in every Smash Bros. due to deadlines and the like. I know I've said it once already, but I hope they improve the Final Smashes in this one.

On a side note, am I the only one who's really hoping Mr. Game & Watch is confirmed? I don't know why I want him to be in this, he's not even in my main.

I still think it's bull crap that three characters had to share same Final Smash. It's one of the reasons I think a lot of the Final Smashes in Brawl were thrown together at the last minute. I may be pointing out the obvious, but it seems like a decent number of stuff is always cut out in every Smash Bros. due to deadlines and the like. I know I've said it once already, but I hope they improve the Final Smashes in this one.

On a side note, am I the only one who's really hoping Mr. Game & Watch is confirmed? I don't know why I want him to be in this, he's not even in my main.

This is the main reason everyone thinks the Star Fox characters are all clones of each other. What's more definitive of a character than their Final-Smash?

Regarding Game&Watch, I hope he gets in too. I love the guy he makes my Kirby all 2D-like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never noticed Sonic had the same exact facial expression in every screenshot XD

I do hope the reason he's been absent is because they are touching him up (hopefully changing one or two special moves , but that's whisful thinking. )

I WILL say though, even with the same facial expressions, I'm so glad they are using his current sideways smile, his centered mouth ala Sonic 06 simply looked disturbing. *shivers* 

• Thumbs Up 3

I like the idea of Wolf's Final Smash being a Landmaster because the next thing I think of is Wolf saying "Anything you can do I can do better" in a singsong voice. Which is hilarious, and I like hilarious things.

Falco can have his Arwing though.

I like the idea of Wolf's Final Smash being a Landmaster because the next thing I think of is Wolf saying "Anything you can do I can do better" in a singsong voice. Which is hilarious, and I like hilarious things.

Falco can have his Arwing though.

Actualy, I dont get why they didnt have wolf's teammates Blast the place with their wolfens, or have you jump on one and use the plasma turret, now that would be AWESOME

Because Starwolf is busy making snarky dialogue with Starfox on Lylat Cruise. A bit of oversight can occur if Starwolf was the Final Smash and it's activated during the middle of a Easter Egg conversation. Sure, it's hiiiiiiiiiiighly situational, but Sakurai has taken considerable effort to avoid things like that.

Speaking of Starfox stages, which place is the lucky level for Smash 4? Something from Command, or something from Starfox 64 3D?

Because Starwolf is busy making snarky dialogue with Starfox on Lylat Cruise. A bit of oversight can occur if Starwolf was the Final Smash and it's activated during the middle of a Easter Egg conversation. Sure, it's hiiiiiiiiiiighly situational, but Sakurai has taken considerable effort to avoid things like that.

Speaking of Starfox stages, which place is the lucky level for Smash 4? Something from Command, or something from Starfox 64 3D?

What is the lastest star fox game other than star fox 64 3D?

What is the lastest star fox game other than star fox 64 3D?

Starfox Command which came out in 2006 I believe.

I imagine it'll have something that looks 1:1 graphics-wise with Starfox 64 3D for 3DS.

Despite how lame it would be to represent Starfox Adventures in Smash... I have to admit Krazoa Palace or Ocean Force Point Temple would sure be pretty in HD...

So how about them  game modes? I bet they'll bring back classic mode. not sure about all-star mode, that mode was just not that fun to me.

I hope they expand on the stadium modes more, especially target smash, I only played melee like once or twice but the idea of every character getting their own target smash stage based on their gameplay. It would of been nice to see Sonic and snake get their own stage.

Home run contest, I feel like there should be more to it, idk I'm kinda blank on this one.

Multi-man mode is my second favourite next to boss rush. continuously beating up players was always satisfying. Hopefully they can make it available to other stages instead of battle field.

They could add something else to this which is a Minion mode where its almost the same as Multi-man but you fight enemies from other franchises, its like in sub space where some levels you gotta defeat a certain amount of enemies. So we can see a mix of Goomba's Pokemons, Badniks, Moblins, Enemies from Mega man and any other memorable enemies. And lets not have some random enemies in there too.

Wouldn't it be sick if Boss rush played out as a Mega Man game? You chose one of the 10 bosses (imagine this with brawl) and then you choose Ridley. Then Ridley would have an epic intro with the Mega Man theme and the character you pick can also can be part of the intro too.  as for the new Bosses, we got Yellow devil maybe and possibly Ridley again. I just hope we get a nice boss from the Super Mario Galaxy games. The final boss from Pikmin 3 would be pretty cool. im thinking death egg robot for Sonic but im not sure if that would be a good idea. if anything put in Metal Sonic as a boss were you can actually make it flinch. that would be pretty nice..

or should we keep the modes the same as in brawl..........Nope

374460_1456288344585472_1256163226_n.png

MARCELLOF WHAT ARE YOU DOING!  DON'T BRING THE LAWSUITS INTO THIS D:

I am of course kidding <3

Can't stop me now!

• Thumbs Up 7

I agree with SuperLink, I think the reason we don't feel much hype right now is because Sakurai isn't giving us the Dojo treatment, every day he had items, stages, new stuff like the SSE, game mechanics and characters, wich got us hyped as fuck, but in the end when the game came out he had revealed pretty much all of it / most of it.  In this case since he's been more silent about it, it should be the other way around, we feel there's not much shown, but closer and closer to the release date we'll get a ton of info that will make us board the hype train :P And the game close to release. I think it's a better idea honestly.  (Although even if I knew everything about Brawl before relese, I still enjoyed the heck out of it!!! (and I still do!)

• Thumbs Up 1

When Star Wolf join the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of witty dialogue!

Also game confirmed for late 2014 http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/super-smash-bros-wii-u-launching-late-2014-miyamoto-confirms-23911

• Thumbs Up 1

^Glad to hear that we have confirmation, although I still wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if a delay into 2015 occurs.

Also that post says the WII-U version! which means they might stagger the release of the 3DS version so that more people will buy the wii-u version(and so they have more time to work on the 3DS version as well)

• Thumbs Up 1