Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

After Brawl, sorry I'm not taking any sort of Smash release date/time seriously until it's actually the day and it's out and not delayed. 

• Thumbs Up 2

When Star Wolf join the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of witty dialogue!

Also game confirmed for late 2014 http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/super-smash-bros-wii-u-launching-late-2014-miyamoto-confirms-23911

The Tweet actually say "by year's end", not "At the end of the year". All it's saying is that it's coming this year. Which we knew.

How much do you wanna bet that it's gonna be delayed into early 2015? I could be exaggerating a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I do not expect this game this year. I never actually expected it this year and I'd love to be wrong but this is fucking Smash Bros. There are two separate versions being made as well which is a lot of work.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I recall, SSE and its cutscenes took up a lot of dev time.

Smash Bros this time has a new team to help (Namco) and is getting rid of all the pointless filler. This game has been in development for a while and the parts that took up the most time aren't even a factor here.

I can't believe anyone thinks it WON'T release this year. I thought they made it pretty clear that it WILL release this year.

Well  I was hoping it would come out sometime in summer. its pretty much a whole year and a half now. Dang it, a year and a half full of hype for one game. don't think I've gone that long, usually its from April/may to october/november.

Thankfully, they don't have some story mode holding them back now, plus Sonic got announced early this time around, no need to bother with all those cutscene junk that Sakurai got all upset about being uploaded on the internet for whatever reason, I'm still surprised he didn't thought that would happen..

Welp, looks like we got a LONG time to look at those Miiverse Updates eh? Hopefully they'll have a playable Demo at E3, possibly one we could download too.

Sorry to double post, but GameXplains weekly review is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHx-NgEYZ7o

And yeah, as some folks noted in the comment section, The kid Icarus stage may infact be the last stage of the original Kid Icarus which took place in in Palutena's Temple, named the Sky Temple I believed back then.

theirs nothing wrong with giving it the updated look of Uprising's version of Palutena's Temple, Still the same setting, just a updated look.

Also i get the gut feeling Medusa may appear in the stage too for some reason, may be because in the original game, you battled her (and also Thanatos) here, that is if their taking inspiration from the original game.

Say, since the last StarFox game was the 3DS remake of StarFox 64, do you think it's likely that they'll use those voice actors for the new Smash Bros game? I mean, they hired them to redo their lines for StarFox 64...

Am I the only one who's going to actually miss the story mode?sad.png

Am I the only one who's going to actually miss the story mode?sad.png

Not really...a lot of people are pretty upset about it...even though it wasn't really needed.

I wish people would stop with this.

There IS going to be a story mode. Sakurai just said it wouldn't be like SSE

The SSE in Brawl was ok.I think my biggest problem is that it didn't really have much of a story. The character interactions were cute but nothing special because they didn't talk to one another. I wanted to see more dialogue, more personality! The CG cutscenes were wonderful, but that's it really.

If story mode is returning and it's nothing like SSE I'm all for it, and I do hope this time that they improve on it as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hoping for something like a mixture between SSE and adventure mode, Adventure mode was awesome but it got boring doing it with 25 characters, which is where SSE did it right, having set characters that you can then replay levels with later. But the length and sheer randomness of it kinda kicked it in the ass.

I'd love to have individual adventures for each character, some levels could be reused for some characters or rearranged orders, heck maybe it's about Master hand doing something to the game worlds to get his "trophies" or whatever they are in this game, and the player has to start with a character and "save" the others by going to their worlds and beating that character to unlock them (in the story) and then having to fight a boss to move on to the next world

Edit: typos thanks to flippin spell check

• Thumbs Up 5

^ Adventures per character would be a neat idea. I really want something LIKE the SSE to come back, but not necessarily in the same way. I personally think SSE was better than Adventure Mode, but neither were as good as they could've been.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking as one of the people who didn't buy the game but just watched the cutscenes on the Internet (well, I never owned a Wii), what impressed me about SSE was the character combinations - the way characters would be paired with or against characters they had nothing to do with.  Samus with Pikachu, for instance, or Donkey and Diddy Kong vs. Rayquaza.  Then you had the villains being actually villainous - when was the last time Wario was a villain before or after SSE?  I liked the impression it gave of a unified, quite insane Nintendo crossover world where anyone could meet or fight anyone else without it violating suspension of disbelief, plotlines and rivalries could spring from any combination that would never normally happen; the only real misstep in my mind was that the true villain didn't really come from anywhere.  I recognise that I'm unusual in this, but Smash Bros. 3DS could literally have just been a story mode with no actual fighting game attached, and I'd have bought it.

• Thumbs Up 5

All I'd like is just a little bit of actual platforming.  Since every stage needs to be clearable as any character, Adventure and Brawl's Adventure mode didn't really have this.  Melee's Race to the Finish did, and naturally 64's Board The Platforms were tight platforming challenges built around each character's moveset.

That's why I really hope we get character unique Break the Targets at the least again, or in a perfect world, Board The Platforms or even unique Adventure mode levels built for particular characters only.

They could even have an unlockable "Level Rush" mode like Boss Battle mode, where you JUST play each character's unique stage(s) in a row for a best time.

I realise the silliness of requesting a ton of platforming content in a fighting game but hey the engine is compatible with it, and nothing's to say you couldn't have platforming puzzles/general puzzles/unique enemies that require usage (or even mastery for optional areas) of fighting techniques to clear.

• Thumbs Up 1

All I'd like is just a little bit of actual platforming.  Since every stage needs to be clearable as any character, Adventure and Brawl's Adventure mode didn't really have this.  Melee's Race to the Finish did, and naturally 64's Board The Platforms were tight platforming challenges built around each character's moveset.

That's why I really hope we get character unique Break the Targets at the least again, or in a perfect world, Board The Platforms or even unique Adventure mode levels built for particular characters only.

I'd love to see a return of character specific "Break The Targets" stages. Brawl's were disappointing to me, considering there were only 5, pretty dull stages. "Board the Platforms" would be great, too. They were my favorite bonus stage in Super Smash Bros. 64.

I just hope the Adventure Mode we do get will be like Melee's, but with more variety.

I will say I think it'd be great if a few "all character" stages were still in the game for those who are into that.  But me personally, I'm not passionate enough about the game to take pleasure from the notion of trying every character and figuring out how to use each one in an envioronment that gives no hints as to what to do - just leaves you to forge your own path.

Sometimes I prefer there being one solution to breaking the targets, and it's up to you to figure out the most efficient path through these clear solutions.

Yeah, we NEED character-specific Board the Platforms and Target Smash again. If they don't want to bring back Race to the Finish, that's fine by me, maybe throw in a quick platforming level for that character in Classic mode from the Adventure Mode (if they go the route of character-specific stages). Obviously they can't do character-specific stages the whole way through, though. Some of the stages have to be shared (though the stages do not necessarily have to be shared by everyone).

I like the idea of Character-Specific Adventures as well, perhaps with some character interactions. That way, if we're playing as each character individually we'll have to spend more time unlocking characters than just completing Adventure Mode.