Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Not as bad as the Villager just snatching it and putting it into his pocket.

If its as OP as everyone thinks, it'll be banned.

If he can snatch Samus' charge shot, why wouldn't he be able to snatch an Aura Sphere? Also I doubt the Smash community would go as far as to ban a specific special move.

Mega Man's posture seems to be the one he goes through for his Crash Bomber, but he's gritting his teeth here, while his mouth was closed in the trailer. And more obviously, his arm is not in its gun mode.

That's a good observation, none of the early screenshots showed Mega Man with a facial expression of this nature, he was usually pretty blank or just had his mouth open. Sounds like those guessing that characters were still being heavily worked on for quality and facial expressions and stuff were on the mark.

If its as OP as everyone thinks, it'll be banned.

I dunno, there could be complications. For example I'm betting that it can only hold one thing at a time, and for all we know it might be able to only hold onto them for a certain amount of time, or maybe it has a small window of execution like a counter move.

pretty sure the Villager can only capture one projectile at a time, likely it's the same button to both capture and release, ala Mr. Game & Watch's Oil Bucket special..

And hey, it's the opponents fault for foolishly throwing a projectile out that can be easily reflected or whatever, you gotta use your head and use the right time and opening to throw out a Charge Shot, Aura Sphere or whatever, not shoot it whenever.

I don't see how storing projectiles for later use is any more OP than actually being able to create those projectiles at will. Lucario has to wait maybe five seconds to create one and then store it for later use, multiple times. Villager has to wait for Lucario to throw one at him, time the move correctly to store it and only gets one use out of it.

I could of sworn Aaron Webber said that he had no idea if sonic is coming back. Im pretty sure he knew he was coming back.

Maybe crush 40 just not saying anything. But its possible that he'll stick to original which I hope that doesn't happen.

I want some remixes.

Villager catching projectiles is literally no different than Game and Watch catching energy-based projectiles with his Oil Panic move.

In fact, Game and Watch's move would more often be more lethal. Three Thunders from Pikachu absorbed into the bucket is an instant kill, whereas Villager has to hope the projectile he catches has KO power - a trait that only Lucario's large Aura Spheres, and apparently SSB4 Samus's Charge Shot, have.

You're forgetting that Villager's collection special isn't limited to just energy based projectiles. He can take basically anything that is its own entity so that's any and all projectiles and items as well (iirc one of the videos shows him taking a capsule).

This coupled with the fact that Villager's special only needs one item means it's likely a lot more flexible and less situational than G&W's Down B.

Am I the only one that would love to see Hyrule Field(Twilight Princess) as a stage?

tp_lugares_hyrulefield.jpg

I just see a tone of potential for this thing. It could really be the gorgeous stage of the game if they get it right. Perhaps have it transition from day to night.(With fireworks going off by the castle at night) Or every once in awhile, have the stage go into the twilight realm.

Either this or the Twilight Palace would be great TP reps imo.

So "Eldin Bridge but a little to the left".

I do like the idea of a TP stage that makes use of the Twilight Realm though.

just too bad that we couldnt have a level where going into the twilight realm transforms your character, although in some cases that would get rather awkward XD

Well there are so many areas in Hyrule Field that could be used. Right next to the Castle could work.

Mmmm! Lake Hylia also could work. 

Twilight Princess is ugly and its Field is empty and boring. :/

If a TP stage does get in it should at least be something unique and evocative, and not the endless expanse of fuckall between actual locations.

Twilight Princess has some places or events that could work easily.

Lake Hylia at least could look pretty with the whole water theme going on.

The Twilight Palace also could work. Both inside or out. Although I mainly think of the outside.

Inside could perhaps have us start in Zants palace room, and then we are transported by Zant to one of the arena's he was fought in every once in a while.

Castle Town despite being another Hub stage would also be fun to fight around.

And that Ice Temple(forgetting it's name. The mansion) depending on where, could have some interesting gimmicks.

I know I've asked this before... But why when everyone posts ideas about a stage it has to contain something really complex, like being transported (although I'm fine with that) or transforming the characters , why can't we just have a stage that has like one or two small gimmicks?

I know I've asked this before... But why when everyone posts ideas about a stage it has to contain something really complex, like being transported (although I'm fine with that) or transforming the characters , why can't we just have a stage that has like one or two small gimmicks?

You do know, I had ideas that didn't include transporting. And even so,Why not?

And transforming characters? I never remember mentioning that.

Transporting isn't a complex idea either considering the SSB games have done it plenty.(well at least Brawl did) It's a good way to represent more of the game it's taking inspiration from.

Plus in the context of my idea, it does the game some added justice imo as it hearkens back to a actual event from the game and incorporates it.

You do know, I had ideas that didn't include transporting. And even so,Why not?

And transforming characters? I never remember mentioning that.

Transporting isn't a complex idea either considering the SSB games have done it plenty.(well at least Brawl did) It's a good way to represent more of the game it's taking inspiration from.

Plus in the context of my idea, it does the game some added justice imo as it hearkens back to a actual event from the game and incorporates it.

I did, though no one other than jolt noticed, and I admit I in part meant it in jest

just too bad that we couldnt have a level where going into the twilight realm transforms your character, although in some cases that would get rather awkward XD

I wasn't referencing you specifically, just reading some of the last few pages of stage ideas :P

Like I said I don't really have a problem with transporting , and your is a part of the game, it's more when it's unjustified and especially mixed with on rails touring, I don't mind touring stages but I prefer static stages, transportation stages are more static than touring ones.

Besides my post wasnt a criticism it was more an observation that people seem to come up with (some are admittedly quite cool) complex ideas for stages rather than a stage like say Pokemon stadium or even great sea, where the stage is mostly the same with a few small changes now and then

I want a Zelda stage that's not generic or boring. All the Smash series Zelda stages have been that way, with the exception of both Lake Hylia and the pirate ship stage, and even Hylia was just too tiny. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything actually, Windwaker seems to have the most potential for unique Zelda stages. I would love for the final boss area or the fortress to be used. Or even one of the islands. Windfall, Outset, Dragon Roost,etc. WW has boatloads of cool ideas.

Majora's Mask also has some cool ideas, but I don't see a stage likely at all sadly....:/

werehog.png

Aw jeez.

250px-Wolf_Link_and_Midna_Artwork.png

Oh man.

• Thumbs Up 3

The forsaken fortress would be awesome, maybe the searchlights could turn on occasionally and do something similar to Shadow Moses (did that actually do anything?). I wouldn't mind if was just the fortress to be honest, where though? In the middle section or on one of the walls?

werehog.png

250px-Wolf_Link_and_Midna_Artwork.png

Oh man.

problem is what would Fox, Mario, Captian Falcon, Megaman(well I guess he could be scarfed copy), or peach turn into XD not to mention Rosalina, Dedede, Pichachu, of Donkey kong, or ROB