Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

screen-10.jpg

Yay, bananas are back! That explains why some pics show characters tripping, so maybe the whole "Random tripping will be put back!" worry can be put to rest.

Ah crap Diddy has bananas again welp let the auto-combo lulz begin Diddy 4 top tier plz

It wasn't put to rest when Sakurai said there'd be no tripping, what makes you think this will?

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't really care about Diddy but I'm just not into the DK franchise generally.  Makes complete sense to bring him back though, he was a unique character and is most certainly the most worthy secondary rep from the DK franchise.

I too am guessing if Dixie is in she'll be a later unlockable - possibly even a modified clone of Diddy, like Wolf is to Fox.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still would much rather see K.Rool before another Kong, but I guess beggars can't be chooser. All I can hope for is that something is done about those fucking peels.

• Thumbs Up 1

With all this Diddy Kong news, here's something that could raise a few eyebrows:

According to MyNintendoNews.com, a listing on the Australian Classification Board has revealed that Namco's Klonoa: Empire of Dreams & Mr Driller 2 for the Game Boy Advance will be coming to the Wii U Virtual Console.

*cough*KLONOA SMASH 4*cough*

I'm really, really satisfied with this reveal. Diddy Kong has always been one of my favorite characters, and he was a blast to play in Brawl. I can only hope that he's just as good, if not better, in this game.

Anyways, I'm starting to wonder how many characters they're going to reveal before the game is out? 24 is a pretty big chunk of the roster, but it doesn't seem like they're going to stop revealing characters any time soon. I'm starting to worry that there won't be many surprises this time around...

Lmao it's gonna be Diddy and Dixie tag team

I will eat my shorts if this isn't true tomorrow.

Wasn't true for the direct and it isn't true now.....get the eating my friend!

I knew he'll be back. Never expected to be revealed today. Either he looks good and his face while doing his recovery is just too funny.

The game is pretty far away from release and we already got this many characters revealed

I bet ness, jiggly, and captain falcon will be hidden characters again. From all three games were they revealed after release?

Whoo, Diddy is back! Not my favourite character to play as, but it's nice to see him again!

Now if there were a third rep for DK I want it to be either King K. Rool or Cranky Kong. Dixie would be probably end up being a clone of Diddy so I don't really want her in the game.

Dixie Kong has much potential for having her own moves instead of being a diddy clone.

She can use her hair to choke opponents when she grabs and punching them right in the gut.

Various moves using her hair with some acrobat moves.

If not her I see cranky Kong coming in.

Whoo, Diddy is back! Not my favourite character to play as, but it's nice to see him again!

Now if there were a third rep for DK I want it to be either King K. Rool or Cranky Kong. Dixie would be probably end up being a clone of Diddy so I don't really want her in the game.

Honestly I'm not really so sure about this. Everyone keeps saying that, but Dixie can quite literally have almost her entire moveset revolve around her hair. No joke; that hair of hers is wicked. She'd have her more traditional hair spin for her horizontal special, use her hair as a whip against opponents and even to grab them (like in the classics; I don't think she can do this in DKCTF) and yes, definitely do far more acrobatic moves than Diddy.

But seriously, Dixie's got the hair of epic badass. She's always doing EVERYTHING with her hair. Personally out of all potential characters I can see Dixie next in line for a playable appearance, but after Dixie it'd be K. Rool (and personally I'd slightly prefer K. Rool, I just can't see him being brought in due to his lack of appearances lately). Cranky? Eh... I dunno, I suppose with Tropical Freeze maybe, but overall I just don't see it quite so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see king k rool being am assist trophy running left and right while players gotta jump to get away from his bouncing gut.

Or his Pirate outfite and Boomstick firing cannon balls in a bizarre pattern, some Spiked.

If only I knew how that will look like. (Never seen him in that outfit. Plus I never played any old donkey Kong country games)

But it does sound like a good idea. Madness all the way!

Oh Sakurai you tease, we all thought we had Diddy Kong coming last week, but you held him back for the US/Europe release of Tropical Freeze instead! Sneaky!

Diddy Kong was never my favourite character in Brawl - and he's actually arguably the least useful character in Tropical Freeze - but he's a Nintendo icon so I shan't grumble too much about his inclusion. Would've been nice to see a Diddy/Dixie tag-team as I doubt we'll see any further DK representation now, but it's all good.

If nothing else, this all but confirms we'll be seeing a Yoshi reveal sometime around March, as (even though we knew it already) Sakurai is very much basing character reveals around game releases, and that's the next big release for 3DS.

K. Rool would be an epic playable character, but again, its the whole "Nintendo doesn't seem to want to do anything with him lately" aspect.

Yoshi announcement in March would be perfect, then they can follow up with Isaac in April. biggrin.png

More ideas for Dixie moveset:

Up + B: Her hair spin in Tropical Freeze. Her original one would be Side B which of course is more horizontal, but her TF one is actually more vertical. Obviously it wouldn't be as vertical as Diddy, but more vertical than Donkey.

Down + B: Hair pound. Basically, similar to DK's Down + B, but faster and not as strong.

B: Her shooter. I forget what it is, but I know its not the same as Tiny's, she got her own little shooter and I imagine it being straightforward and fast.

I can picture Dixie being a bit slower than Diddy, but with faster attacks overall. And, of course, most of her regular combo attacks would be a combination of her using her acrobatics and hair. The only move she would have that could even be remotely considered close to Diddy would be her shooter.

Another option, too, is just her using her Guitar. Or her Guitar can be her Final Smash, though I'd rather she did something else for Final Smash.

If only I knew how that will look like. (Never seen him in that outfit. Plus I never played any old donkey Kong country games)

But it does sound like a good idea. Madness all the way!

The epicness of K. Rool is the fact that in every consecutive game he always put on a new disguise (the only exception being in the original DKC). In Diddy Kong's Quest K. Rool went under the alias Kaptain K. Rool and dressed like a pirate. In Dixie's Double Trouble K. Rool became a mad scientist under the alias Baron K. Roolenstein and in DK64 K. Rool became a boxer with the alias King Krusha K. Rool.

EDIT: Here's Kaptain K. Rool: http://donkeykong.wikia.com/wiki/Kaptain_K._Rool

EDIT 2: Just noticed that the article mentions Kaptain K. Rool being King K. Rool's youngest brother. If you ever see some comment like this, IGNORE IT. I'm pretty sure that's vandalism; King K. Rool is the same person in every incarnation, he just likes taking on new disguises all the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Or his Pirate outfite and Boomstick firing cannon balls in a bizarre pattern, some Spiked.

both.jpg

Just kidding of course but both sound like viable choices for Assist Trophy activity XD

King k rool could come out, and chooses which costume to put on, and based on what costume he has, he'll do different attacks.

And if playable character.....alternate costume?

King k rool could come out, and chooses which costume to put on, and based on what costume he has, he'll do different attacks.

And if playable character.....alternate costume?

He 'could' be an alternate costume to DK, somewhat.

I mean, if you can be a male or female Wii-fit trainer then I'm sure there's more possibilities, even maybe Falco as Fox's alternate costume.

Tropical Freeze really doesn't affect K. Rool's chances at all, though. Sakurai doesn't care about "relevance." Little Mac and Mega Man are both "irrelevant" to modern gaming, but they were still included because they were popular and unique characters. The only thing Dixie has over K. Rool at all is having appeared in one game that may have been revealed too late to even mean anything in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aye, K.rool has a decent chance of getting in, and could be really unique specialy if they integrate his various outfits into his moveset

I mean, who else could have a moveset that involves, a giant lizard, piracy, mad science, AND boxing!

Aye, K.rool has a decent chance of getting in, and could be really unique specialy if they integrate his various outfits into his moveset

I mean, who else could have a moveset that involves, a giant lizard, piracy, mad science, AND boxing!

Ridley. :V

Ridley. :V

Ridley is not a boxer, nor a sea pirate, but I do know you are joking, oh and ridley isnt a mad scientest either

Ridley is not a boxer, nor a sea pirate, but I do know you are joking, oh and ridley isnt a mad scientest either

You said involves. Ridley is a giant lizard, the leader of the space pirates, has been genetically altered (not to mention rebuilt as a robot) and is known to be quite handy in close combat.

I may indeed have been joking, but he certainly fits the bill.

You said involves. Ridley is a giant lizard, the leader of the space pirates, has been genetically altered (not to mention rebuilt as a robot) and is known to be quite handy in close combat.

I may indeed have been joking, but he certainly fits the bill.

Ok then, both could work, however Ridley is fast, light and mobile, whereas K.Rool is somewhat mobile, medium speed, Heavy, but a strong jumper with a variety of equipment

Or essentialy K.Rool is a Heavy evil equivelent to Samus/Link, whereas Ridley would be a giant Metaknight with fire breath

I don't think we'll see either of them playable. I only mentioned Ridley because you were saying 'who else could do this?'.