Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I could do with just sonic and mega man for third partie and I think they can main third party characters for possible smash games. But let's not get into that lol.

If there is one more, its either snake or pac-man. That's how I see it.

As for me, I would like to see Mewtwo and King K. Rool be revealed. I also would like to see Issac from Golden Sun as well as that guy from the original Sin and Punishment game. Maybe Ridley, too.

As for me, I would like to see Mewtwo and King K. Rool be revealed. I also would like to see Issac from Golden Sun as well as that guy from the original Sin and Punishment game. Maybe Ridley, too.

I'd say that any Assist Trophy characters have an EXCELLENT shot at getting in as playables, as well as any characters dummied out of Brawl. So, that character from Sin and Punishment? He was an Assist, I can easily see him as playable. Lyn would be another great choice, too. Dixie Kong I believe was one of those characters in the code for Brawl and dummied out, so once again, that leads credence to Dixie being more likely to be playable than King K. Rool. Mewtwo was also dummied out.

He looks perfect to me!

Continuing that King K. Rool topic, I personally don't care what design they go with just as long as he makes some sort of appearance. Doesn't matter if he's an assist trophy or a playable character (unlikely although I'd like to be proven wrong) I just want him to show up on the battle field.

I can't see him as playable either, but it would be cool. If he's not playable, though, I think he'd work well as a BOSS character. Assuming bosses are back, of course. That'd be epic.

I could do with just sonic and mega man for third partie and I think they can main third party characters for possible smash games. But let's not get into that lol.

If there is one more, its either snake or pac-man. That's how I see it.

I can do with just Sonic and Mega Man, as well. I was just saying that if there IS one more third party character, it'd probably be Pac-Man and he'd be announced at E3. Otherwise, E3 will announce another important character to appear.

If Assist characters have a slightly bigger chance of making it in the game, I'd like to see Samurai Goroh, from F-Zero. One of my favourite Nintendo characters, alongside Luigi and Dedede. But we haven't heard anything F-Zero related in AGES.

3rd-Party wise, I still want to see Simon Belmont.

Yeah, me too. Imagine all the team-ups you could do!

Simon Belmont teaming up with Megaman and Pi...on second thought, maybe not.

I'd say that any Assist Trophy characters have an EXCELLENT shot at getting in as playables, as well as any characters dummied out of Brawl. So, that character from Sin and Punishment? He was an Assist, I can easily see him as playable. Lyn would be another great choice, too. Dixie Kong I believe was one of those characters in the code for Brawl and dummied out, so once again, that leads credence to Dixie being more likely to be playable than King K. Rool. Mewtwo was also dummied out.

That does sound good (the part about the assist trophies). As for K. Rool, I do want him in, but I can see why they may put Dixie in instead of K. Rool. Like you said, with reasoning you provided and all, Dixie does have a better shot at getting in than King K. Rool does. But I can dream. Also, as I have said, I would like to see Mewtwo return in this game. It was quite a shame he was not in Brawl.

That does sound good (the part about the assist trophies). As for K. Rool, I do want him in, but I can see why they may put Dixie in instead of K. Rool. Like you said, with reasoning you provided and all, Dixie does have a better shot at getting in than King K. Rool does. But I can dream. Also, as I have said, I would like to see Mewtwo return in this game. It was quite a shame he was not in Brawl.

Pretty sure Mewtwo didn't make it in only because of time constraints. I'm positive he's back.

I'd love to see K. Rool as well. I do like K. Rool and think he'd make an excellent playable. I just think Dixie is far more likely. Even if Dixie is playable instead of K. Rool, I think it'd be awesome in K. Rool was at least an Assist Trophy if not a boss.

Pretty sure Mewtwo didn't make it in only because of time constraints. I'm positive he's back.

I'd love to see K. Rool as well. I do like K. Rool and think he'd make an excellent playable. I just think Dixie is far more likely. Even if Dixie is playable instead of K. Rool, I think it'd be awesome in K. Rool was at least an Assist Trophy if not a boss.

I hope you are right about Mewtwo.

And I would not mind K. Rool being an assist trophy. To be honest, I would rather have an animal buddy like Rambi be the assist trophy rep for Donkey Kong personally, but that's just me.

I hope you are right about Mewtwo.

And I would not mind K. Rool being an assist trophy. To be honest, I would rather have an animal buddy like Rambi be the assist trophy rep for Donkey Kong personally, but that's just me.

I think Rambi and other animal buddies would be better as Final Smashes, personally. Give DK Rambi as his Final Smash. Perhaps give Dixie a different one were she to be playable (Diddy can keep his supercharged barrel jetpacks, though).

I think Rambi and other animal buddies would be better as Final Smashes, personally. Give DK Rambi as his Final Smash. Perhaps give Dixie a different one were she to be playable (Diddy can keep his supercharged barrel jetpacks, though).

That could work. That wouldn't be a bad idea to implement. Personally, though, I would like one of the animal buddies to be an assist trophy. Still, one animal buddy like Rambi being Donkey Kong's Final Smash instead of those bongos would be good, actually.

That could work. That wouldn't be a bad idea to implement. Personally, though, I would like one of the animal buddies to be an assist trophy. Still, one animal buddy like Rambi being Donkey Kong's Final Smash instead of those bongos would be good, actually.

You know? That makes me think of Squawks.

Out of all the Animal Buddies, Squawks is the one that usually flies behind you and holds something to help out, generally overall the one that just flies beside rather than you ride him (since he's so small). One way he could be incorporated is by having the entire screen go dark and Squawks pops out and hovers around the one who picked him up with a light, similar to his role in the original DKC game.

I'm not thinking Pitch Black or anything, but making it overall much darker and harder to see. Also of note is that Squawks IS the most-recurring animal buddy in the series, as Rambi was missing from DKC3.

If Dixie was in and had an Animal Buddy as a FS, I'd say either Elly or Squitter. Elly I think would be better, due to being an elephant and overall stronger than another animal buddy, and Elly is basically the signature "new" animal buddy in DKC3 which starred Dixie. But Squitter appeared in both DKC2 and DKC3 and would be a bit different from DK riding Rambi as he'd be faster and shoot webbing to tie up opponents.

And lets face it, if DK gets an Animal Buddy, it WILL be Rambi as Rambi been around the most (I think Squawks appeared in one more game than Rambi, but Squawks has never been ridable; though he is playable sometimes in DKC2 and maybe 3).

Until the Returns games Enguarde had more appearances than Rambi, but Enguarde is missing from both and can't really be controlled on land, either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRO-s0BH7X0

Are you sure about that? =V

Crap, I said that wrong. I meant DKC3. I know Rambi was in DK64 especially considering the fact that he's only one of three to appear in that game.

EDIT: Surprised there's no comment on the Pic of the Day. Not much special, but it does seem to be the case that Diddy can now shoot his rocket barrels horizontally similar to how other characters like Fox can change the direction of their recovery special.

So... did a new Pic of the Day get revealed yet?

No

Todays Pic of the day

DaV0e7p.jpg

Things went very wrong for Diddy.

Sakurai says

The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost.

• Thumbs Up 1

No

Todays Pic of the day

DaV0e7p.jpg

Things went very wrong for Diddy.

Sakurai says

How did things go wrong? Is it the ability for his rocket barrels to be knocked off? Actually I think that may be a good thing; Diddy was pretty op in the previous game so it gives him a bit of a disadvantage. He can go along a more horizontal trajectory, as well, so it does give him more versatility in the direction he can go despite adding one weakness to it.

You could knock them off in Brawl too if I remember right, though I don't think it happened if you hit Diddy mid flight so much as while he was charging up. I dunno, been a while since I saw it happen.

I wonder how close the Villager and Little Mac where to Diddy before he launched. Seems like the barrels will have a similar effect to Wario's fart only without the need for it to charge and probably less effective.

If they change anything, I hope he can only throw one banana instead of two. I use to play against really good Diddy players and having two bananas on screen to his disposable was annoying as all hell. That, or let him keep the two but make the duration in which they're out much shorter or make them only good for one or two trips.

I really don't see why they would feel the need to buff Diddy of all characters, unless the change in physics has significantly damaged him.

I really don't see why they would feel the need to buff Diddy of all characters, unless the change in physics has significantly damaged him.

I'd kind of like to see them just take the Super Street Fighter 4 route and just buff everybody to varying degrees. Some nerfs are in order for certain things, sure (Meta Knight) but yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally like the idea of buffing everybody, but only buffing them enough so that they are as powerful as the highest characters. Technically, though, if they buff everybody and even them out, they're not really buff at all, are they?

The only one they should not buff, or otherwise even nerf, would be Metaknight. I have no idea how Metaknight is so op either, though, because despite liking him as a character I can NEVER do anything with him. My best character has always been Marth. I don't remember who my best character is in the original Smash Bros., but the one I used most was probably Link.

You know? That makes me think of Squawks.

Out of all the Animal Buddies, Squawks is the one that usually flies behind you and holds something to help out, generally overall the one that just flies beside rather than you ride him (since he's so small). One way he could be incorporated is by having the entire screen go dark and Squawks pops out and hovers around the one who picked him up with a light, similar to his role in the original DKC game.

I'm not thinking Pitch Black or anything, but making it overall much darker and harder to see. Also of note is that Squawks IS the most-recurring animal buddy in the series, as Rambi was missing from DKC3.

If Dixie was in and had an Animal Buddy as a FS, I'd say either Elly or Squitter. Elly I think would be better, due to being an elephant and overall stronger than another animal buddy, and Elly is basically the signature "new" animal buddy in DKC3 which starred Dixie. But Squitter appeared in both DKC2 and DKC3 and would be a bit different from DK riding Rambi as he'd be faster and shoot webbing to tie up opponents.

And lets face it, if DK gets an Animal Buddy, it WILL be Rambi as Rambi been around the most (I think Squawks appeared in one more game than Rambi, but Squawks has never been ridable; though he is playable sometimes in DKC2 and maybe 3).

Until the Returns games Enguarde had more appearances than Rambi, but Enguarde is missing from both and can't really be controlled on land, either.

I would love to see Ellie return in a Donkey Kong game, or Smash Bros game, or whatever. She doesn't get much attention nowadays, and she was my favorite animal buddy in DKC3, so if she is part of Dixie's (if she is in this game) Final Smash, I would approve.

As for Squawks, I believe that parrot could work as an assist trophy; either in the way you have described or in a way where he flies above around the top of the screen, spitting eggs/nuts at opponents from up high. It probably might be as good as the lantern idea, but hey, anything is possible.