Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Meta knights b move is annoying though. I can't use him as good as I use sonic and I really would like to verse some pro metaknight players.

Meta Knight is OP because he has amazing air recovery, fast and prioritising combos and he's pretty speedy to boot. That video does it enough justice, but Meta Knight is banned in SSBB tournaments I believe because of how insanely unbalanced he is.

I'm still not even sure how metaknight is overpowered? What kinda of tricks was he able to pull off?

B - Recovery

Side B - Recovery

Up B - Recovery

Down B - Recovery

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, and yet I still can't use him good. It just doesn't fit my style.

I guess you could say that Jords not 2Good this time around ahahaha I'll uh I'll just be leaving then

• Thumbs Up 1

6qJKDB9.jpg

There are actually two versions of the boxing ring stage! This ring is the Smash Bros. version...

jmBsWa6.jpg

...and this one is the Punch Out!! W.V.B.A. design. King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?

So I guess this means that everyone who said that Little Mac's stage was revealed before the character is technically wrong. They didn't show off a Punch-Out stage at E3 after all. :V

Seems strange to have two nearly identical stages. I'll probably mostly play on the WVBA one for the Punch-Out music.

• Thumbs Up 1

I imagine it'll function like Mushroomy Kingdom, so it'll take up only one slot, but you can choose the version.

• Thumbs Up 1

6qJKDB9.jpg

jmBsWa6.jpg

So I guess this means that everyone who said that Little Mac's stage was revealed before the character is technically wrong. They didn't show off a Punch-Out stage at E3 after all. :V

Seems strange to have two nearly identical stages. I'll probably mostly play on the WVBA one for the Punch-Out music.

They're not two stages, its one stage with two small things replaced. You can hardly call them two "separate" stages.

There are actually two versions of the boxing ring stage! This ring is the Smash Bros. version...

Two VERSIONS. Not two stages. All kinds of stages in the past have had multiple versions. They probably just made a Smash one to, for one, prevent Little Mac from being spoiled early on, and for two, because this theme of a stage works perfectly for Smash Bros.

Basically, think of it this way. In sports, the fields are always identical, but they have a logo in the middle of the field to show off what sports team it is. That's all this is, too. Not a big deal, really, its the same exact stage with two small adjustments to theme it after Punch Out or Smash Bros., but either way its still the Punch Out stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was kinda hoping for a "better" update today but hey....they don't have to show us squat before release so it's all good. So, semi-related, since Little Mac is joining the fray, does that mean we'll potentially see Punch Out Assist Trophies? I wouldn't mind seeing Sandman just pop out, start chasing an opposing player while going "Boo" and flailing his fist at them.

Wonder if they'll have their own music selections or not (or maybe since Punch-Out doesn't have a huge variety to choose from it'll be the sort of stage that has many tracks from Smash or other games to choose from).

You could knock them off in Brawl too if I remember right, though I don't think it happened if you hit Diddy mid flight so much as while he was charging up. I dunno, been a while since I saw it happen.

It happens both ways...it was just harder to hit him while he was flying.

Say you guys, heres a thought, since little mac was way overdue in getting into smash, what if one of the big bosses from the game was a hidden character? I wouldnt rule it out, especialy since punchout is nintendos oldest fighting franchise

Wonder if they'll have their own music selections or not (or maybe since Punch-Out doesn't have a huge variety to choose from it'll be the sort of stage that has many tracks from Smash or other games to choose from).

Speaking of music selection, I hope Smash 4 has a feature that lets you choose one of the many tracks available when you're picking a stage instead of having a percentage bar like Brawl. Not that I didn't like Brawl's system, I just think it will be easier to just choose a track right there and then when you're picking stage instead of messing with a slider in another menu screen.

I like the sliders, but yeah a toggle which lets you choose track there and then is fine by me.  Perhaps let you select it on the loading screen (with a system like the Mario 3D World character select where it will delay the map loading in if you so choose to change).  The default will always be "Random - My Music" then you can push buttons to scroll through.  On multiplayer/online perhaps everyone can vote on music and it'll choose from the most selected or randomly out of the four choices if everyone chooses differently (obviously on multiplayer you only have the loading/connecting time to choose, if you don't confirm one it defaults to My Music).

This is overly detailed for such a tiny feature but this is the kind of intense detail Sakurai likes to put into his games tbh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Adding skill levels/groups or w/e for online play would be great. The way it is now novices can go up against people who are way better at the game than them, and that isn't fun for either party.

Also maybe have it not lag like a bitch this time around

Adding skill levels/groups or w/e for online play would be great. The way it is now novices can go up against people who are way better at the game than them, and that isn't fun for either party.

Also maybe have it not lag like a bitch this time around

Having a competent online service and having an actual ranking system would be fantastic. I have a feeling their gonna do what they did for MKWii/7 and not really rank you, but give you more or less points depending on wins or losses. Shit, I'll even take the PSABR approach and have each character have their own rank via use and how often they win or lose.

But yeah, a music selector while selecting a stage would be grand. I would love for them to allow custom soundtracks Jojo's style (the new Namcobandai ps3 game) where you pick a stage and have the choice to select music off of your HDD (or SD card in Nintendo's case) and have said music start when the match does. But the default game music selector seems more likely.

They're not two stages, its one stage with two small things replaced. You can hardly call them two "separate" stages.

i know that though

it was a joke

There's probably enough usable music from various Punch-Out games to fill a stage's soundtrack. Off the top of my head, there's the main theme and its variants from the NES and Wii game, the training montage theme, the Wii game's title screen, and the Super Punch-Out fight music. They could also probably do remixes if need be, because there are some other great tracks that admittedly may not be the best to fight to. 

Going through the Punch-Out Wii soundtrack it seemed that they went for the Mario World/Yoshi's Story angle and pretty much every song was a remix of the main theme, with a couple of exceptions.  And the NES soundtrack literally only had the title, training and fight themes other than the boxer intros.  Did Super Punch-Out have a varied soundtrack?

I mean not sure what I'm arguing here, I'm sure there IS enough to fill a whole stage's worth of My Music, and it's not like previous stages haven't had multiple remixes of the same song to choose from lol.

Port Town Aero Dive has 1080 Snowboarding's Golden Forest track, Mario Bros. has two Famicom Medlies, Flat Zone 2 has Dr. Mario's Chill theme. Hell, Norfair, a stage from one of Nintendo's "flagship" series which has a lot of music, has a Golden Sun fight theme and Marionation Gear.

If they feel like "Smash Circuit" here doesn't have enough music, or if they feel like they need to add more series rep somehow, they can add songs from different franchises.

Considering how the two definitive Dr. Mario songs were kept away from Mario stages in Brawl, maybe songs from other Mario spin-offs can appear there for example. You can't tell me you don't want to hear Rawk Hawk's battle theme on Smash Circuit.

Going through the Punch-Out Wii soundtrack it seemed that they went for the Mario World/Yoshi's Story angle and pretty much every song was a remix of the main theme, with a couple of exceptions.  And the NES soundtrack literally only had the title, training and fight themes other than the boxer intros.  Did Super Punch-Out have a varied soundtrack?

Super Punch-Out had different music for most or all of the boxers, as well as minor/major/world circuit themes. I admit most of it is shit though.

Anyway I'd love to see some of the Wii game's original music up there. Particularly this.

I mean not sure what I'm arguing here, I'm sure there IS enough to fill a whole stage's worth of My Music, and it's not like previous stages haven't had multiple remixes of the same song to choose from lol.

In that case, neither do I. :c

Little Mac had better have the pink jumpsuit as an alt costume

Other than that, if there are still palette swaps, i think the lightblue and red gloves+shorts from Punch-Out Wii should be the next logical choices

Smash tends to put priority on referencing other games in the respective franchise with palette swaps (Mario's had the Foreman Spike outfit from Wrecking Crew and the Mario Bros. outfit since 64), so I'd be surprised if Little Mac doesn't have costumes from the other two games. And that includes blonde!Mac.

1489183_1466631010217872_379123291_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8