Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

One thing that does disappoint me

I wish the 3DS characters didn't have the Cel-shaded outline. I'm fine with it, but It's just something for me to nitpick at ya know?

B-but original art styles are cool!

So I'm wondering if this new Smash will have exclusive characters for each version. I'll be pissed if this were the case, unless there was a means of connecting the two versions and downloading characters into each game, a la Mario Golf, or maybe certain characters will be available at the start in one version but unlocked in the other?

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/26/super-smash-bros-to-focus-on-wii-u-3ds-connectivity/

Cmc7Z25.png

I don't know what's more exciting. The fact that BOTH of my favorite playable characters were revealed right away, or the fact that the two look amazing!

Also, since Final Smashes are returning (as shown with Samus' Zero Laser,) I can't wait to see what Giga Bowser will look like in this game!

Also, am I the only one who noticed that Bowser has a new move? It seems to be a new forward air attack.

screen-1.jpg

I'm definitely going to be getting BOTH versions of the game (hopefully on day one.)

P.S. - Hi SiLeNtDo0m! Been working on any new Brawl hacks lately?

Also, am I the only one who noticed that Bowser has a new move? It seems to be a new forward air attack.

Super Smash Bros Wii U characters getting new moves

Existing characters featured in the upcoming Super Smash Bros Wii U will have new moves, according to series director Masahiro Sakurai. He revealed the news at the CEDEC video game developer conference in Japan. We’ve previous heard Sakurai say that Super Smash Bros Wii U won’t feature any more characters than the previous game, Brawl, which had a total of 35 playable characters. Sakurai’s reasoning was that the more characters you add, the more you need to refine each of them and distinguish their moves, something that gets tricky once there are dozens of characters. During Sakurai’s keynote speech, he also revealed that “there are many new characters” in Super Smash Bros Wii U.

Namco Bandai’s Tekken team is helping Nintendo develop Super Smash Bros for the Wii U and the 3DS. The game started development this Summer, and is potentially “a few years away” from release, according to Nintendo. Despite this, Super Smash Bros is already one of the most anticipated Wii U games. It’s good to know that the developers are keeping things fresh with the latest installment in the series by adding new moves to exiting characters. We’ll have to wait and see who the new characters are.

Source

Mega Man makes me rock(man) hard.

Seriously there is no character I wanted to see more, they could add no one else and I would be satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the black outlines in the 3DS version are there to help us notice the characters on the screen more. The 3DS's screen is much tinier than a television's obviously, and Smash is a very hectic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm definitely going to be getting BOTH versions of the game (hopefully on day one.)

P.S. - Hi SiLeNtDo0m! Been working on any new Brawl hacks lately?

Ah nice to see you Joe T.E. unfortunately not lately.  Any time I've had making Brawl relevant stuff has been dedicated to Project:M or just making random animation stuff.  Wonderful work on your recent model imports by the way.

I'm still not buying the game having the same number of characters as Brawl.  I think they could reach a nice even 50 personally.  It's always sad to see characters omitted :< 

No more characters than what Brawl had? So who's getting the axe?

Super Smash Bros....
Oh Uh Why? It's not a reboot, so why not just call it Super Smash Bros. Universe like everyone is already calling it?

My money's on Snake and Toon Link.

Oh Uh Why? It's not a reboot, so why not just call it Super Smash Bros. Universe like everyone is already calling it?

I was joking, as in you asked what game is this and I sarcastically said Super Smash Bros.

It's possible there will be a new name.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic, Snake, Toon Link...

Wasnt there a topic for this already? Well whatever. Im hyped! Ill just copy / paste my observations as stages go , from the other topic.

Okay Lets see what we can get:

-Zelda Spirit tracks is a stage. Might indicate Toon Link is back, (were gonna get the HD re-release, so that makes it relevant I guess)

-Nintendogs stage, seems like taken directly from the 3DS game, dunno how itll play cause for now it just seems like some platforms with a dog in the BG.

-Skyloft stage, might be Links "official" stage, since he seems to have his SS outfit.

-What seems like Brawls Battlefield stage, probably the new one, but looks too similar.

-A deserted ...desert xD kind of stage, not sure where is it from.

-A NSMB themed stage, with those spikes and breakeable platforms. Probably visits other places, like Brawls Delfino Island.

-Lush forest stage, DK stage? (dunno)

-A new arena-themed stage. Maybe this is this games battlefield? Looks cool.

-Animal Crossing stage, Above the town, (like in Brawl, dunno if its returning or if its all-new)

-What seems to be the new Palutenas temple / Skyworld

-Castle Wily stage. Looks freaking nifty.

Thats it for stages.

Ill upload what I observed on characters next time xD

It's a bit early to write Sonic off, but really, I don't even care. I've got Mega Man. I thought it was too good to be true to the point where I STOPPED wanting it to avoid disappointment. He didn't even get in Capcom's most recent crossover fighter.

So hyped. The rest of the game looks awesome too. Can't wait to see what other new moves the returning fighters have.

-Zelda Spirit tracks is a stage. Might indicate Toon Link is back, (were gonna get the HD re-release, so that makes it relevant I guess)

Except he's in the stage itself.

Odds are he's not returning.

BUT HEY THIS GAME LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING AND I CANNOT WAIT

Best part is, they're not using Other M Samus.  Which is a plus in my book any day.

Snake definitely (Replaced with Megaman)

Possibly one of the Ness/Lucas characters

Game & Watch

Olimar (Probably getting swapped with a Pikmin 3 character)

R.O.B
Meta Knight

King DeDeDe

Falco

Lucario (Mewtwo back in with new form?)

Ike
Toon Link

I think all of the above would be easy to eliminate.

Edited by Autosaver

Well, considering the SEGA/Nintendo partnership, it'd be odd if SEGA's mascot didn't make it in, especially when he was there last time :/

I wouldn't say Sonic just yet. 

Well how likely is he to return considering we already got two third party characters?