Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I love Koume and Kotake, epic recurring enemies (and one-time allies). What's even more hilarious is how they are ugly looking hags that merge together into a beauty... that than proceeds to pummel you into oblivion. :P

Plus recall that these two are Ganondorf's surrogate mothers. Yeah... and you wonder how he got so damn messed up.

I've been wondering....the granny with the ice head, does she do any ice or water powers? And the red one do any flame type powers in the game they come from?

If one of them are flame, then that means the flame granny set the stage on fire and that means another type of hazard could be part of the stage from the other granny. Maybe making the area icy, being so cold you'll freeze up like you are standing right beside ice climber's ice mountain.

But that's only if the grannies represent fire and ice.

Yes, they actually do have fire and ice magic.  Their entire gimmick was that they had opposite powers and you hurt them by reflecting one's spells onto the other.

I've been wondering....the granny with the ice head, does she do any ice or water powers? And the red one do any flame type powers in the game they come from?

If one of them are flame, then that means the flame granny set the stage on fire and that means another type of hazard could be part of the stage from the other granny. Maybe making the area icy, being so cold you'll freeze up like you are standing right beside ice climber's ice mountain.

But that's only if the grannies represent fire and ice.

Exactly what G-Force said. Koume and Kotate would attack you with Fire and Ice, and yes, I have been wondering about this ever since Koume and Kotake were first announced. During the battle they'd spray one of each element on you and you had to shoot the other one.

In the second phase of the battle, Koume and Kotate merged into Twinrova. Here they used the Fire and Ice again, one in each hand. Link had to catch three of the same attack in the mirror shield and then it would reflect back, stunning Twinrova and you could jump to the ledge she fell on and attack her with your sword.

I can't see them merging, but I can definitely see them attacking with both Fire and Ice on each side of the field. Heck, the ice could be the way that they repair the bridge. :P (Either that or the carpenter's jump onto the field and repair it after Twinrova leave.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully this isn't just Bridge of Eldin 2.0 if all they do is destroy and repair...

We already know its not Bridge of Eldin 2.0. The ONLY thing that happened in Bridge of Eldin was the bridge fell apart and was restored. In here we already know that fire can light up either side of the bridge, and burn the bridge down, too. Plus Twinrova appears and, presumably, they're the ones that set the fire. If Koume and Kotake are in and set the fire, they will probably also blow ice on the field sometimes, too.

That's a lot, lot more than just King Bulblin running across Eldin Bridge, destroying it, then the bridge dropping back down again. So far we haven't seen the bridge get restored yet, but it probably will somehow get restored later on.

Cool,

Thanks guys for confirmation.

I expect fire and ice hazards if both twins are going at it. But it feels like them merging wouldn't do much because they'll still attack with fire and ice unless they attack with fire balls or ice balls to actually knock you out.

So we got grannies, Find mii monster on 3ds version

Then we got Yellow devil and a enemy in the pyrosphere on the Wii u version(which I think is ridley but still could be any other boss).

I don't know if I want the deadly six to be as stage hazards. I wouldn't mind but Eggman be a better choice but I kinda want him as an assist trophy.

The Bumper joins the "Redesigned Items" Club.

qxje6q.jpg

Pic of the day. The Bumper is back with a detailed new design. This also means there will be no Flippers.

Balloon Fighter deconfirmed. tongue.png

2eov4ag.jpg

Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard.

At first glance...I thought it was a spring from sonic.

I'm guessing flippers was in melee?

Anyways I like the design for it, and I like how each redesign is making it look like this item belongs to smash bros with logo on the items.

Cool,

Thanks guys for confirmation.

I expect fire and ice hazards if both twins are going at it. But it feels like them merging wouldn't do much because they'll still attack with fire and ice unless they attack with fire balls or ice balls to actually knock you out.

So we got grannies, Find mii monster on 3ds version

Then we got Yellow devil and a enemy in the pyrosphere on the Wii u version(which I think is ridley but still could be any other boss).

I don't know if I want the deadly six to be as stage hazards. I wouldn't mind but Eggman be a better choice but I kinda want him as an assist trophy.

Yeah, I highly doubt they'll merge either. I anticipate they'll fly around in their normal separate forms.

Oh, look, the Bumper. Apparently it was only removed in Melee and replaced by the Flipper. Not much to see here other than a simple redesign.

Flippers were just annoying anyway. Bumpers are hilarious.

I want the ability to place permanent bumpers in the stage builder.

• Thumbs Up 2

Flippers were just annoying anyway. Bumpers are hilarious.

I want the ability to place permanent bumpers in the stage builder.

That's actually a really great idea. One of my favorite Smash 64 levels had a permanent bumper in it.

I just hope the stage builder is back, period. I've got some incredibly unbalanced levels I wanna recreate. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That's actually a really great idea. One of my favorite Smash 64 levels had a permanent bumper in it.

I just hope the stage builder is back, period. I've got some incredibly unbalanced levels I wanna recreate. 

I think there's a good chance it will come back. I got the impression from Brawl's stage builder that they had time to implement a small scale editor but not enough time to create something a bit more robust. 

^ Yeah, I'm really, really hoping to see the stage builder GREATLY expanded on. That'd be sweet.

Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard.

THEN EXPLAIN WALUIGI'S FINGERS, YOU LAZY TWITS.

I'm kidding. 

We already know the game will have a large emphasis on customization, an improved stage builder is guaranteed.

We already know the game will have a large emphasis on customization, an improved stage builder is guaranteed.

I don't know, it's reception was pretty shit back in Brawl. I'd be surprised if it came back in any capacity.

Pretty much every remark in regards to Smash 4's customization that I recall has been related to the 3DS version and it's all been super vague.

I don't know, it's reception was pretty shit back in Brawl. I'd be surprised if it came back in any capacity.

A lot of things were recieved poorly in Brawl. Sakurai isn't so stupid that he'd think "welp, some people didn't like this, better just scrap it entirely instead of making one that isn't shit."

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of things were recieved poorly in Brawl. Sakurai isn't so stupid that he'd think "welp, some people didn't like this, better just scrap it entirely instead of making one that isn't shit."

I guess we'll see, but what Chooch said.

Pokémon Stadium 3 had better have a remix of Red's theme. Brawl's choice of Pokémon music was really lackluster, honestly.

Melee already had a Red theme remix.

Brawl's Pokemon music selection was pretty standard stuff.

- The obligatory RBY main theme remix.

- One of, if not the most memorable route theme tune, Route 1.

- A Pokemon Center remix, a mainstay song.

- A Gym/Evolution medley (These two songs are the ONLY songs to have, by the time of Brawl's release, remained the same throughout all the installments, so they're iconic in their own right)

- The RS Pokemon battle theme, by many accounts to be the go-to song for a pair of games that had no stage or character representation.

- The DP battle theme, a go-to song in its own right, even if Gen IV was given the special treatment for Brawl.

- Galactic Grunt theme, basically an antagonist song, so yeah.

- Dialga/Palkia theme, this song was going to happen anyway thanks to the Spear Pillar stage. Plus legendary Pokemon themes are money.

- And then two "Whoa, remember this?" remixes in RSE's Victory Road and DP's Route 209, in a similar vein to Super Mario Land's Underground remix, Ocarina of Time's Song of Storm's remix, and Kirby's Adventure's Butter Building remix.

I expect Smash 4 to deliver in a similar format. At the very least, we'll get another main theme remix, a BW Pokemon battle remix, an XY battle remix, and somewhat random gems from these two generations, possibly N's or Colress's themes, and a Route 15 remix.

As i said tons of pages ago, the only real request i have for Pokémon music remixes is the Team Plasma Grunt battle theme (the BW version).

Personaly, What I would want is the most epic Bowser castle stage based off the Paper mario and SMRPG ones, with THIS as the main theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fNhbzNgDFdI