Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I don't know, it's reception was pretty shit back in Brawl. I'd be surprised if it came back in any capacity.

If that was the case, then Online wouldn't make a return either :P

In any pokemon stage I want a remix (if not directly ripped) of the Gym Battle theme from Leaf Green and Fire Red

• Thumbs Up 2

I've never actually been much of a fan of pokemon music so it really wouldn't bother me too much if there weren't many remixes of it (though in the same light it would be good to have a good variety of them for the fans and such) but the one theme I want to see remixed most of all in the game is this one here

While I would be perfectly okay if they just used the one from the game, it would be cool to see this get another remix just to see how much they can improve on an already great song.

• Thumbs Up 2

If we do get any kind of Bowser Castle stage I'd kill for a remix or even just a high quality orchestrated version of the 3D Land Final Boss theme.  God it was good.

Actually, since the name "Pokémon Stadium 3" was mentioned, I wonder if that'll be on the 3DS version... with "Pokémon Stadium U" on the Wii U version.  =B

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Pokemon has always been a handheld focused series, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3DS version get a stage based on a specific location while the Wii U version gets a sort of generic Stadium type stage, since most of the console Pokemon games are focused almost exclusively on battling.

Many songs from brawl has made me enjoy themes from games I never played like Zelda, a bunch from Pokemon, a few of F-zero, Pikmin (Well I first got into the series on launch day of Pikmin 3), Donkey kong (I only played DK 64 before playing brawl) And some others like the one that plays in Norfair, I think it was a golden sun music, all I know is that music was really good.

And then watching the little mac trailer I already knew the theme which was weird because I never knew were that theme came from thanks to brawl, but it was catchy.

I don't how Smash bros do this but now I want to try out Punch out Wii, idk lol maybe I want to go into the game without coming in and saying, who the hell is that person and why do I barley know him/her?

But it didn't hit me with Villager and Wii fit. Those games bore me. sorry for those who like it.

^ I hate Animal Crossing too, but Wii Fit's not TOO bad...

Yes, though, one major reason for focusing characters in Smash is to get people interested in those series'. That's why I think they'll put a heavier emphasis on promoting other franchises. Isaac appearing as a playable can raise interest in Golden Sun, potentially allowing for the series to continue, for example.

Marth and Roy increased interest in Fire Emblem, allowing it to even COME to the west period. Kid Icarus of course allowed that series to continue.

It doesn't always work. We haven't seen a new Ice Climber game yet, but it often does help to raise interest in other franchises Nintendo has, which may lead to more demand and the fans of those series' would be happy because it could allow for more games to be made. Overall its a win-win situation. Assuming they don't screw up and make them play shoddy, which... USUALLY doesn't happen... (at least most characters play decently even if they're not considered high on the tiers)

468px-Kingdededepikachuhappmerwindfasdzl

Picture of the day! It's Dedede and his Jet Hammer (could never get a hang of this move in Brawl for some reason), nothing more. Ah, poor Pikachu. D:

Based on what I read, it can hurt him if he charges it too long... wasn't that the case in Brawl, too, though?

Yes it hurts him in brawl too but its not like he is flinching or anything, his percentage builds up after fully charge.

Its funny because in brawl, for the first few seconds using that move he has a smile on his face like he's telling others "oh yes look at DAT! You guys better watch out!" Then when its charged and starts hurting him "Oh shit this hurts now!"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Miiverse quote: "So far, which attack can blast away enemies the most dynamically... Is it King Dedede's fully charged Jet Hammer? Nah, it can't beat the K.O. uppercut. You can damage yourself by overcharging this attack, so watch out"

This hit pretty hard when fully charged in Brawl (though funnily enough it hit at its hardest just before you reached full charge), but this confirms Mac's KO Punch is even stronger.

468px-Kingdededepikachuhappmerwindfasdzl

Picture of the day! It's Dedede and his Jet Hammer (could never get a hang of this move in Brawl for some reason), nothing more. Ah, poor Pikachu. D:

Poor Pikachu? What's wrong with Pikachu? He's just doing his Down-Taunt, right?

I like this attack, its SO satisfying to get a hit off with it. Its a really good attack and its also mobile.

I wonder why Sakurai didn't go with the Super Star Ultra design for the hammer for this game. Since it's not going for a realistic look like Brawl, I think the other design would work better here.

Oh well, it looks more dangerous here.

I like the Jet Hammer when it actually works, especially because it's basically a smash attack you can use in midair, but I feel as though it needs some kind of range buff over what it had in Brawl because for lack of better description I swear it shouldn't be so hard to hit something with it. Maybe it's a hitbox thing.

Oh well, I can't really complain no matter how it turns out, as long as he still has that really mean Fsmash.

I like the Jet Hammer when it actually works, especially because it's basically a smash attack you can use in midair, but I feel as though it needs some kind of range buff over what it had in Brawl because for lack of better description I swear it shouldn't be so hard to hit something with it. Maybe it's a hitbox thing.

Oh well, I can't really complain no matter how it turns out, as long as he still has that really mean Fsmash.

I never noticed a problem with the actual range of the attack, being able to move closer to a vulnerable opponent never really made me think about that.

Its hit box is small in terms of what can be above it, that's something I noticed before noticing range problems.

Jet Hammer turns into really lulzy psychological warfare if you use it mid-descent against someone juggling you.

All it takes is seeing that hammer start up for someone to suddenly back away, and now DDD's on the ground going through the quick end lag, ready to grab.

I never noticed a problem with the actual range of the attack, being able to move closer to a vulnerable opponent never really made me think about that.

Its hit box is small in terms of what can be above it, that's something I noticed before noticing range problems.

Oh, so the hitbox is more lateral than vertical? That would certaintly explain a fucking lot.

Well actually this is not a feature, as far as I remember, Mario, Luigi and Sonic were able to move their fist upward and downward.

Its just that Little Mac has a bigger difference then just punching down or up so its nice for him to get this extra touch.

Edit: I was gonna let you have the quote :P

Aaaaaand Sheikah'd, but w/e :V

Smash 4 upping the ante a bit.

5ul62x.jpg

Pic of the day. Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away.

So where Brawl had some characters change the angle of their Fsmash depending on where the control stick was tilted, Smash 4 actually features different attacks for the same Smash, at least for Little Mac.

Aaaaaand Sheikah'd, but w/e :VSmash 4 upping the ante a bit.5ul62x.jpg So where Brawl had some characters change the angle of their Fsmash depending on where the control stick was tilted, Smash 4 actually features different attacks for the same Smash, at least for Little Mac.

I only remember Mario, Luigi and Sonic being able to do this. Do you know who else can do it?

Yoshi, Kirby, Falcon and Ganon can do it too.

The one thing all seven of these characters have in common is that their Fsmash involves sticking an appendage of their body out for the move. That seems to be the theme for these types of moves, Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff nonwithstanding.

Wow, this is the first F-Smash to actually change completely when you angle it which is crazy. It's looking more and more like Little Mac has literally ALL the options when he's on the ground. At this rate, I don't see him being anything less than OP as hell even with his terrible air game and recovery.

A character with a terrible air game will never be OP no matter how powerful his ground game may be. It's far too glaring a weakness as air and air to ground combat are so key. Not to mention this in itself also leaves Mac very susceptible to gimps and early % kills (as it's safe to assume he's also going to be pretty light) whilst not having much of an offstage game himself.

What makes characters OP in fighting games is not having the most strengths but having the least weaknesses and being able to offset those weaknesses through those strengths. MK is an example of this as he has very few weaknesses that are remedied by has strengths (e.g. very light but has o e of the best recoveries in the fame so good DI will always allow him to get back onstage). This is not the case for Mac.

So, you see the uppercut after Little Mac does his multi-punch attack (as seen in the trailer at 1:20)....so can the uppercut and body blow be down after a standard combo as well? So many questions Sakurai

So, you see the uppercut after Little Mac does his multi-punch attack (as seen in the trailer at 1:20)....so can the uppercut and body blow be down after a standard combo as well? So many questions Sakurai

Different uppercut animation. I think there will be only one ender there. Though still it's a reasonable question.

Different uppercut animation. I think there will be only one ender there. Though still it's a reasonable question.

didn't look all that different to me, especially since the most recent screen shot of the uppercut is a 3DS opposed to a Wii U screen, but I may just be mistaken. Even if the animations differ a bit, the resemblance is still there.