Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

didn't look all that different to me, especially since the most recent screen shot of the uppercut is a 3DS opposed to a Wii U screen, but I may just be mistaken. Even if the animations differ a bit, the resemblance is still there.

The differences are very minute, but year they are there.  It's a sort of Marth FThrow/DThrow comparison.  The animations look almost basically identical but they're ever so slightly different.

The differences are very minute, but year they are there.  It's a sort of Marth FThrow/DThrow comparison.  The animations look almost basically identical but they're ever so slightly different.

Maybe that uppercut was Little Macs "Rapid Standard attack Finisher" that was revealed not too long ago via that screen shot with Fox.

I only remember Mario, Luigi and Sonic being able to do this. Do you know who else can do it?

None of those characters and etc. could do that, the thing those characters could do was throw their Side-Smash straight out, at an upward angle for more damage, or at a downward angle for less damage.

Little Mac's Smash attack ability is more like Marth's Side-B where he has different animation attacks for whether you move the control stick up, down, or neither.

Oh I knew they didn't have different moves I was talking about who were able to move their fist with the side smash attack.

I guess I should of mentioned that...

None of those characters and etc. could do that, the thing those characters could do was throw their Side-Smash straight out, at an upward angle for more damage, or at a downward angle for less damage.

Little Mac's Smash attack ability is more like Marth's Side-B where he has different animation attacks for whether you move the control stick up, down, or neither.

I think that was the point we were making. Given it isn't as exciting as a uppercut or body blow but it's the same idea

New 3DS stage folks.

mPUln03.png

Pic of the day. Here's a new stage for the 3DS version: Tortimer Island! I've been here countless times to catch bugs. 

What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?

Neato, better than SmashVille at any rate.

EDIT:

npAe9wk.jpg

This too.

I like the looks of this stage, not too bad.

I guess that confirms swimming is back.

So he mentions bugs, is it possible the bugs will be some sort of hazards?

I like the looks of this stage, not too bad.

I guess that confirms swimming is back.

So he mentions bugs, is it possible the bugs will be some sort of hazards?

I seriously doubt it. I think he was just referencing how much time players spend on Tortimer Island if they want to progress quickly.

• Thumbs Up 1

By "layout changes", does he mean the flora and such in the background, or are there gonna be some more platforms and stuff showing up? Because honestly it looks only a step shy of Final Destination in the ocean from what I can see right now, and I hope the latter applies in some way.

• Thumbs Up 1

By "layout changes", does he mean the flora and such in the background, or are there gonna be some more platforms and stuff showing up? Because honestly it looks only a step shy of Final Destination in the ocean from what I can see right now, and I hope the latter applies in some way.

Going by the picture and some guessing, I'm thinking the square of beach stays the same, but the part that is risen changes shape and placement of flowers, trees, bushes, stumps and puddle move around. I'm thinking the tress are platforms and the amount in the foreground will also change. The grass texture changes, too. The character in the back also seems to switch. The dock might change places.

Man that pic makes me wann play New leaf again

But then I remember how I accidentally deleted my data and I'd have to start all over again.

Motivation killed. Bout time we got a look at a new 3DS stage tho'.

I seriously doubt it. I think he was just referencing how much time players spend on Tortimer Island if they want to progress quickly.

Idunno...

The hazard could be the...

tumblr_ljq31tmDuW1qdk87d.gif

I'm so fucking sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoo, I like the island in New Leaf so it's nice to see it as a SSB stage. X3

You know KaBlam I think a hazard like bees could work. Then again, there are no bees on the island so maybe not. D:

When is Ridley.

I want Ridley.

If Ridley's in, he'll probably be unlockable and won't be officially announced until after the game is released.

If Ridley's in, he'll probably be unlockable and won't be officially announced until after the game is released.

I hope you're not implying that Luigi and Toon LInk aren't going to be hidden.

I'm of the camp that Sakurai's going to show us all of the newcomers before the game is released.  He really has no reason not to, especially considering that Ridley is so huge (lel) over here.  He's a hype machine.  The same with Mewtwo.

I hope you're not implying that Luigi and Toon LInk aren't going to be hidden.

I'm of the camp that Sakurai's going to show us all of the newcomers before the game is released.  He really has no reason not to, especially considering that Ridley is so huge (lel) over here.  He's a hype machine.  The same with Mewtwo.

Sakurai showed all the characters prior to the release of Brawl iirc, however for the unlockable characters he had them hidden with "?" and had them deliberately separate as unlockable (as a kind of spoiler protection thing).  The only exceptions to this were Sonic and Snake due to them being 3rd party.  I suspect he'll do the same thing this time honestly (so the characters revealed so far will all be starters probably).

Wow the visuals are kinda lacking, and that squished platform tree really looks... well unnaturally squished.  Surely they could do something nicer looking.

I do like this stage in concept though - it takes the randomised nature of AC terrain and creates a super cute stage idea out of it.  Of note, you can see the steering thingy to the left of Kapp'n there, so that is his boat, not the dock.  Either it'll be an occasional platform that appears, or possibly a randomised element of the stage that is either there or not at all times.

I forget, time still has visual effects on the island doesn't it, it's just the minigames that are set during the day always right?  I'd hope this stage recognises the internal clock like Smashville and the Wii U AC stage.

Either way, pleeease give us delicious 1am remix music guys.

Sakurai showed all the characters prior to the release of Brawl iirc, however for the unlockable characters he had them hidden with "?" and had them deliberately separate as unlockable (as a kind of spoiler protection thing).  The only exceptions to this were Sonic and Snake due to them being 3rd party.  I suspect he'll do the same thing this time honestly (so the characters revealed so far will all be starters probably).

I was pretty sure that they weren't announced until after the game was released, but I definitely do recall that part. He specifically went out of the way to mark the characters as spoilers and state that they were unlockable.

I was pretty sure that they weren't announced until after the game was released, but I definitely do recall that part. He specifically went out of the way to mark the characters as spoilers and state that they were unlockable.

I believe he started showing hidden characters after the Japanese release, seeing how videos were going up on Youtube and other video sharing sites rapidly showing said characters off anyway.

So does anyone else consider it an atrocity that we haven't had a Bowser's Castle stage yet

So does anyone else consider it an atrocity that we haven't had a Bowser's Castle stage yet

Yeah. It's really such an obvious choice, and there's tons of potential gimmicks/hazards. Lava, collapsing bridges, fire bars, elevator platforms, and that's just looking at SMB's castle levels.
  • Thumbs Up 7

It would be cool if it functioned like Mushroomy Kingdom, where sometimes you get a castle stage and sometimes you'll get an airship stage.

It would be cool if it functioned like Mushroomy Kingdom, where sometimes you get a castle stage and sometimes you'll get an airship stage.

as long as it doesn't scroll. I wouldn't mind getting one stage reminiscent to the bridge you fight Koopa on in SMB1. Multiple floating platforms, maybe lava shooting upwards here or there, a one time axe use that will drop the bridge and it will later respawn.

Yea, I'm surprised there isn't a Bowser's stage yet, really missed opportunity there. Tho, thy probably didn't want to retread of Norfair tho.