Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I can understand where you're coming from and all, but either way I find a character being a deciding factor to your purchase is a terrible idea. We all have favorites, we all have our most wanted character, but no matter what, you need to have something more to be excited for than just the idea of playing as this character that may not get in. Hell, in Tails' case, I highly doubt that he'll get in considering that he's not even a Nintendo character, and we really don't need more than one rep per third party franchise (if not for each company). It's just a bit unreasonable to have your heart so pegged to the idea when really it most likely isn't happening.

Plus the mentality still just urks me. Wanting a game only for a single character just feels petty to me, especially when you say that you love the series. I mean if the game doesn't impress you compared to previous installments, it still sounds like a waste to buy what to you could be a $60 Tails add-on to Brawl. Yet, if you actually like what you're seeing, why does this one character's absence have to be such a fuss? Sure we all get disappointed sometimes, but not being able to even enjoy the game because that one guy doesn't have a slot on character select? It just sounds so shallow to be honest.

I'm actually feeling a bit better now. I'll still be disappointed if Tails isn't in the roster, but it won't ruin the game for me. At worst it's just a missed opportunity to make the game even better, and there's always the next Smash Bros for him to be playable in...

• Thumbs Up 2

Remind me again, who owns Atlus right now? I can't for the life of me remember if it was Sega or Nintendo that bought them, but if it's the latter I could certaintly see Jack Frost happening if Sakurai really wanted to, even if it is admittedly an odd pick.

Honestly, either way I'm tired of these kinds of "leaks", because they're so fucking easy to hoax. Anyone with some concept of fan demand can just put a list together and make it seem believable, and the only way any of them attain any sense of legitimacy most of the time is pure guesswork.

Considering for a second that the leak is telling the true, the SMT version of Jack Frost is best remembered in Nintendo for Jack Bros., a game for the Virtual Boy. Basically with that, Sakurai would try not only to implement a hypersymbolistic series that deals with God, Satan and other religious stuff on a daily base, but also to remind us all of one of Nintendo's biggest failures.

Yeah, i'm a bit skeptical (the idea of 2 Ridleys though makes sense and 3 characters i want would be in the game): Travis Touchdown would have made more sense if you ask me.

I'm going to save that rumor for later to see if its correct with time.

I guess its plausible since Zelda hasn't been confirmed to transform yet but I'm pretty skeptical about it though. We'll see what happens.

That list didn't have a custom robo character so its obviously fake.

That list didn't have a custom robo character so its obviously fake.

actualy it has Ray Mk1.... honestly this list has most of the things on my wishlist, so I can be slightly hopeful, but the lack of an advance wars rep still seems off to me

• Thumbs Up 1

So about that Pokemon stage, why does the tower lift up?

I'm guessing it happens in the game x and y. Does something trigger it? Any possible way the fighters can cause it to lift up?

Edit: great, this post is at the bottom lol what luck.

I'm going to save that rumor for later to see if its correct with time.

I guess its plausible since Zelda hasn't been confirmed to transform yet but I'm pretty skeptical about it though. We'll see what happens.

Speaking of Zelda: no newcomers from that are mentioned in that list, and it sounds a bit fishy. Granted there were no newcomers in Brawl, but at this point there are some interesting characters that can easily fit in, like Impa, Ghirahim or Vaati.

Were taking about this character right?

Jack-Frost.png

Honestly I don't see the problem. I think he'd fit right in with the smash universe. kinda cute too.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh man I'd kill to have Palutena, K.Rool and Anna in this game... Not to mention, city trial was probably my most favorite part of Kirby's Air Ride, so I'd love to see how it would be implemented in Smash.

But alas, this feels too be true. Like all the other rumors, I'm gonna have to take this with a grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole transformation bit sounds really fishy. Replacing the moves with just a generic kick doesn't sound like a very Sakurai thing to do. I'd think if he was going to do that, he'd at least have an alternate special move in place. That's how I see it, anyway. K. Rool having an alternate skin also causes me to raise an eyebrow, especially after the mistake about Kaptain being his brother in the last game.

Were taking about this character right?

Jack-Frost.png

Honestly I don't see the problem. I think he'd fit right in with the smash universe. kinda cute too.

The problem isn't the character itself. The problem is he's so obscure. Yeah, he's the mascot of Atlus, but I've barely seen this guy around in anything Nintendo related (when I looked him up, I vaguely recalled seeing him maybe once). At least all of the previous third-parties are VERY iconic third-party characters and Pac-Man is very iconic as well. Is Jack Frost even all that popular?

I don't even particularly know anything on Nintendo consoles that would make him a viable option, either. Has he even appeared in a Nintendo game? (I'm sure he has, I just don't know when and in what game(s) it was.)

Speaking of Zelda: no newcomers from that are mentioned in that list, and it sounds a bit fishy. Granted there were no newcomers in Brawl, but at this point there are some interesting characters that can easily fit in, like Impa, Ghirahim or Vaati.

Around the time of Brawl, Impa only had one appearance that would fit well and that was her younger-looking appearance in Ocarina of Time. Impa has now appeared in several more games, with the Ocarina of Time remake and Skyward Sword BOTH having that younger agile appearance and in Skyward Sword she even shows off a lot more of her skills overall than in Ocarina of Time (in OOT she has an appearance that would work but she doesn't do anything; she finally does something in Skyward Sword).

And yes, I know the two appearances are different, but they are still very similar, especially compared to her appearances in the Oracle games.

No Zelda newcomers does surprise me, though. I think we'll get a new Zelda character, probably Impa but Vaati would be great as well.

actualy it has Ray Mk1.... honestly this list has most of the things on my wishlist, so I can be slightly hopeful, but the lack of an advance wars rep still seems off to me

I do think we'll get an Advance Wars rep, too. If Snake is removed, again, I think an Advance Wars rep getting parts of Snake's moveset would be highly likely.

Having Impa in when she's basically a cross between Zelda and Sheik seems pretty pointless.

Having Impa in when she's basically a cross between Zelda and Sheik seems pretty pointless.

People thought Rosalina would be a Peach clone.

The problem isn't the character itself. The problem is he's so obscure.

Ice_Climbers_SSBB.jpg

Smash_Bros_Brawl_ROB.jpg

Mr._Game_%26_Watch%28Clear%29.png

Hasn't stopped Sakurai before. Hell, might as well include Lucas and Fire Emblem entirely while we're at it, as long as we're talking about just us westerners.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well as mentioning newcomers from Brawl it has mentioned Snake and Pokemon Trainer. But as newcomers for Smash 4 goes he mentioned a few characters like Palutena and Shulk. But I'm pretty skeptical about it though. 

The problem isn't the character itself. The problem is he's so obscure. Yeah, he's the mascot of Atlus, but I've barely seen this guy around in anything Nintendo related (when I looked him up, I vaguely recalled seeing him maybe once). At least all of the previous third-parties are VERY iconic third-party characters and Pac-Man is very iconic as well. Is Jack Frost even all that popular?

I don't even particularly know anything on Nintendo consoles that would make him a viable option, either. Has he even appeared in a Nintendo game? (I'm sure he has, I just don't know when and in what game(s) it was.)

Somehow I think your underestimating the popularity of SMT and the Persona series. Both series are pretty much popular at this point and I'm sure people can point him out, if anything he's actually pretty popular to the point a few characters (like Black Frost and King Frost) are based off him and practically has appeared in every SMT game to date (excluding SMT1 since he was introduced in the next game, Cerberus was in all of them). I think he might have a spin off somewhere.

But I checked and the series does have a history with Nintendo since a few games have been on Nintendo consoles but as for being in a Nintendo game directly I wouldn't think so. I was thinking it did with Fortune Street and that one basketball game but it was Dragon's Quest.

I'm skeptical about it though but at this point if they just threw in Wii Fit Trainer from left field first thing, I don't think Nintendo gives a fuck anymore. MAKE EVERYONE PLAYABLE!

I WAS gonna post a big post just now but it didn't post for some reason it didn't post and then deleting everything I typed.

I went into detail about each newcomers being very unique and I mentioned how sakurai is on a roll of showing newcomers that look very unique. Mega man having moves that act as special attacks. Being able to move while using standard attack.

Wii fit trainer using yoga moves to attack and she looks like a really good fighter. Villager using normal items to fight.

Then you got rosalina having luma and little Mac having great ground skills and the KO meter.

I also went into detail about veterans that got some changes including bowser, pit and peach with new moves. And characters with upgrades like lucario's aura and samus charge shot plus a few more.

And explained characters simple changes like kirby turning into a thwomp and marth's new costume.

I wondered why mario didn't get any change at all. Nothing from the galaxy series? I'm surprised we haven't heard anything new from this character yet.

Now to copy this post to make sure if it gets deleted again.

Ice_Climbers_SSBB.jpg

Smash_Bros_Brawl_ROB.jpg

Mr._Game_%26_Watch%28Clear%29.png

Hasn't stopped Sakurai before. Hell, might as well include Lucas and Fire Emblem entirely while we're at it, as long as we're talking about just us westerners.

From a THIRD PARTY standpoint. Those are all first-party.

I know not everyone knows everything about every series, but I've only just heard about Shin Megami Tensei recently (and only because of SMT X Fire Emblem). I've heard of Persona, but I had no idea it had anything to do with SMT, and even then, I only just vaguely heard of Persona.

Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man? Very well-known. Snake is also very well-known, despite being slightly obscure. This character is far more obscure than even Snake, and, again, going by a third-party standpoint.

At the very least, though, they chose the main character for this. Out of anyone in Atlus, Jack Frost definitely looks to be the number one pick (although I still don't think he'd make it in).

What content can jack frost bring anyway?

Stage? Music? Trophy (other than himself)?

Idk what games he has.

I dunno, Nintendo has been making a bit of a push towards SMT recently. Like SMTIV even got its own special Club Nintendo deal, plus we have that crossover coming out whenever. I feel like it's not an unreasonable addition, yeah it's obscure but there's a bit of sense behind it.

Anyway still kinda skeptical towards the rumor, mainly due to the usual "Oh hey 4chan I know someone who's working on the game here's everything you want out of the game!" sort of cycle. Though I admit it was an enjoyable and kinda believable rumor with enough curveballs to make it seem sort of realistic. Unless he gets some credibility behind him though there's not much reason to bat an eye at it

The thing that pushes it into really weird territory for me is that SEGA owns Atlus now, and it's hard to imagine one third party getting two representatives. It's not completely impossible, but I have trouble seeing that happen before Namco got a character in.

There's a ton they could do with SMT if Jack Frost were actually in, though. Even if I wasn't a fan, it'd be worth it just for the chance to have Mario fight Pikachu in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo hellscape.

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, its a fairly obvious list that anyone with half a brain could come up with, then they throw in a curveball that makes you think: wtf? Is that real?

I just can't imagine BOTH K. Rool and Dixie getting in, I only see one or the other. I also kinda figured Advance Wars would get in over Custom Robo, but I could see both being in. With X coming out and appearing to be a sequel and/or spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles I also anticipated we'd see Shulk getting in to promote X.

The thing that pushes it into really weird territory for me is that SEGA owns Atlus now, and it's hard to imagine one third party getting two representatives. It's not completely impossible, but I have trouble imagining that happening before Namco got a character in.

There's a ton they could do with SMT if Jack Frost were actually in, though. Even if I wasn't a fan, it'd be worth it just for the chance to have Mario fight Pikachu in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo hellscape.

That was my opinion on the subject as well. I was slightly wrong in my prior statement, though; Sega didn't buy Atlus directly, they bought all of Index. I thought they ONLY bought Atlus.

I stand corrected.