Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It wasn't until I saw Jack Frost on that list that I had my suspicions, mostly because he's owned by Atlus which is owned by SEGA. Wouldn't it make more sense to see a Namco character in there like Pacman or Mametchi?

All the other characters mentioned sound like good choices. I'm hoping at least half of it is true!

Speaking of namco (and I meant to say this awhile back too) is anyone else wondering just how much involvement they have in this? I know its not something to just be toting around but neither nintendo or sakurai have really acknowledged them since the initial reveal days of this game so I wonder what it is they're actually doing to help with this game.

What controllers are you guys best with? I bet its the GameCube controller. Well for me its wiimote + nunchuk.

What's the deal with GameCube controller? Y'all gotta get rid of it when smash 4 comes :P

What controllers are you guys best with? I bet its the GameCube controller. Well for me its wiimote + nunchuk.

What's the deal with GameCube controller? Y'all gotta get rid of it when smash 4 comes tongue.png

There are third party classic controllers that are shaped like the Gamecube controller, and there is a third party device that lets you plug in a GC controller to a Wiimote.

I refuse to use any other type of controller when playing Smash Bros. Its unbearable without the GC controller.

• Thumbs Up 2

What's the deal with GameCube controller? Y'all gotta get rid of it when smash 4 comes tongue.png

Oddly enough, the Wii Remote + Nunchuck.

I like the gamecube controller but for some reason I feel like I do better with the Wii Remote.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say GC, but Wii Mote + Nunchuk works just as well for me, I haven't had problems with it.

Back in the day I used to play it alot on my GC controller.

I'm probably turning a old stone with this statement, but the Wii U's Classic Controller Pro is the equivilant to a normal controller we're gonna get to play on the Wii U version, isn't it? Might get that one if I decide to get a Wii U

So Zelda got a buff, eh?

This change might make her long range game a bit better considering that the move is so easy to dodge. As for 4-player play, I imagine it'd be quite frustrating.

And I used to like using the GC controller but I've grew comfortable using the Wii-chuck with a specific setup.

I wonder how sensitive the sweet spot on Din's Fire is. Would it be comparable to, say, the lightning sweet spot on her Fair and Bair? I usually used the splash damage to harrass from across the map in Brawl, so I wonder how much I'd have to adapt.

If I may hazard a guess, most of Zelda's other problems essentially amount to being slow and floaty, yes?

Leak time!

wYpX5mu.png

It was starting to sound believable but the whole thing with Jack Frost? Leak debunked... for me anyway.

Whole thing sounds bogus, even without Jack Frost. The changes to the character switching system sound a bit unlike Smash Bros. and the justifications for the characters and changes all sound like the same sort of reasoning we see on forums from the fans. 

I know Anna is a popular choice but that also sticks out as being a bit far-fetched (Optional merchant character), same for K.Rool.

There's also the idea that this guy's friend is translating some things in the game like trophies, so that means he knows about specific things (like how Intelligent Systems suggested Anna directly to Sakurai, or the extent of Kojima and Sakurai's friendship) that a regular translator wouldn't need to know about. 

Also /v/. Just... you know. 

Hopefully this is the first of many because she is in dire need of them.

I didn't think Din's Fire was ever really a big weakness for Zelda so I don't see how this buff in particular helps. 

It's like Link's meteor Smash in Smash 4- it's a buff, sure, but it probably won't help the character that much because Link has never had much of an air game to begin with (and his shit recovery and jumping ability make fighting off the stage a risky prospect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What's the deal with GameCube controller? Y'all gotta get rid of it when smash 4 comes :P

I'd say that I play equally well with ALL control schemes, including the Classic Controller, which was the most difficult to use in the beginning. I'm most comfortable with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck though.

Glad to see my favorite character from Brawl, Zelda get a buff, which she needs.

Yoshi reveal tomorrow??? Possibly??

I play mostly, no, always with the GCN controller and I wouldn't have it any other way! Guess I have to start using the Classic Controller Pro or Gamepad now though. Shame!

I didn't think Din's Fire was ever really a big weakness for Zelda so I don't see how this buff in particular helps. 

It's like Link's meteor Smash in Smash 4- it's a buff, sure, but it probably won't help the character that much because Link has never had much of an air game to begin with (and his shit recovery and jumping ability make fighting off the stage a risky prospect.

...Hence why I said I hope it's the first of many. I didn't say or imply this particular buff was all that useful, merely hoping that this is a sign that Sakurai and his team are improving her because she's in dire need of improvements.

...Hence why I said I hope it's the first of many. I didn't say or imply this particular buff was all that useful, merely hoping that this is a sign that Sakurai and his team are improving her because she's in dire need of improvements.

I wasn't arguing- I agree with you. I was just trying to add to that. :c

• Thumbs Up 1

So... A direct hit won't knock back enemies now, but smash them to the ground...? I guess that gives Zelda more time to move and reposition after firing then, so she can shoot off another.

I'm not too convinced about that though. I'd have preferred the wait between firing and moving to be reduced, instead of the move's power being increased.

actualy, besides its sleeker back and moved second joystick I have noticed the wii-u pro controller is extremely similar to the GC remote, and I find it to be a comfy controller, and have any of you tried it?

On the subject of tour stages, I wouldn't mind them if they didn't all take place on generic floating platforms. Like why couldn't Skyloft take you from place to place on Beedle's shop or something?

• Thumbs Up 2

I wasn't arguing- I agree with you. I was just trying to add to that. :c

Ah okay then.  My apologies for misunderstanding ^^'

On the subject of tour stages, I wouldn't mind them if they didn't all take place on generic floating platforms. Like why couldn't Skyloft take you from place to place on Beedle's shop or something?

I guess the issue is that generic platforms are easier to buy into just disappearing into the ground and re-emerging again with no explanation.  It'd be tricky to make an actual major prop from a level completely disregard the laws of the universe to vanish and re-appear.

The easiest solution would be for him to sort of, move into the background, but that would mean the platforms would disappear in mid-air, interrupting flow if you're currently fighting on the ground (whereas going into/emerging from the ground doesn't interrupt whatever action is happening on the ground), with no clear cut-off point for platforms being on the 2D plane you fight upon.

• Thumbs Up 1

You all will probably laugh at me but I kinda got used to just the wiimote sideways. :P

Reminds me a lot of the classic NES controller, and even with lack of many buttons I love how lightweight it feels  and somehow combining the d-pad plus 2 at the same time for smash attacks make more sense to me than a separate stick just for it, but I guess it's easier the other way around. Dunno... I just got really used to it and now when I use a GC controller it feels weird.  

But the Gamepad ought to be fine I think. if it not then wiimote + nunchuk just may do the trick.

Oh yeah, to give my input, I admit I may just look into a GCN Controller - > Wiimote adapter for this.  GCN controller all the way.  I only have three though so when playing with less gaming friends I would take the hit and use the Wiimote alone just as an extra touch of handicap.

I have entirely abandoned the GameCube controller on account of it sucking and things like the Classic Controller and GamePad Pro existing.

I only use a GameCube controller for Smash Bros. when there aren't other alternatives around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I run through Gamecube controllers like crazy cause the Control Stick going wacko, I haven't had that problem with the Classic Controller, plus the Pro Controller feels great.

Also I've seen the new Pro Controllers that have the C stick in it's lower position like the Classic and Gamecube Controllers in stores, so I can buy that if I wish.