Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

New pro controller...? I've not heard about that. Are you thinking of the Wii pro controller?

Yeah I run through Gamecube controllers like crazy cause the Control Stick going wacko, I haven't had that problem with the Classic Controller, plus the Pro Controller feels great.

Also I've seen the new Pro Controllers that have the C stick in it's lower position like the Classic and Gamecube Controllers in stores, so I can buy that if I wish.

A lot of tournament goers usually mod their GC remote and take the analog out and exchange it with a nunchuck  analog. I personally want to do that one day.

But yeah, I plan to get that GC to wii mote adapter and try that for Smash 4. I have a Pro controller but idk how I feel about playing smash on it XD

So her side B is a meteor smash if you hit them in the core of the dins fire?

Wouldn't it be Friday that yoshi gets revealed and not tomorrow?

Yeah I run through Gamecube controllers like crazy cause the Control Stick going wacko, I haven't had that problem with the Classic Controller, plus the Pro Controller feels great.

Going whacko...how does it?

Also I've seen the new Pro Controllers that have the C stick in it's lower position like the Classic and Gamecube Controllers in stores, so I can buy that if I wish.

New pro controller...? I've not heard about that. Are you thinking of the Wii pro controller?

Yeah there's no Wii U Pro Controller with low control sticks.

fkqq.jpg

Classic Controller (Plugs into Wii Remote)

ubf3.jpg

Classic Controller Pro (Plugs into Wii Remote)

7wxo.jpg

Wii U Pro Controller (Connects directly to console, Wii U only)

Personally I always liked the asymmetrical layout of the GCN's control sticks for games that only used the C-Stick for secondary actions like camera control though... why haven't they invented a controller yet that let's you switch round the d-pad/left stick and ABXY/right stick.  =C

I'm not looking forward to having to get used to the diagonal movement between the three primary buttons (special attack/attack/jump) where before on GCN they were all in a horizontal row.

Wiiu Pro controllers great, has long battery life, and is realitively comfortable, though it does take a little bit to get used to the configuration, and some complain that its too big, but I find it a good fit for my handsize

If we're not including the GC controller, the controller I'm best with is the Wiimote on its side.

That's actually pretty sad when you think about it.

I hope controlling it on the Wii U gamepad is comfy. 'Til then, I'll try to get used to the Wiimote on its own with Brawl. Methinks I won't be getting the Pro controllers anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind having to use the pro controller if it weren't for the placement of the right analog stick

Wow those controllers look odd to play smash Bros with, are they that good?

I guess it depends on the size of your hands. Personally, the GC pad is perfect for Smash. It's a good weight, with a good grip and clear, intuitive layout.

Having performed a system transfer when I first got my Wii U though, I've had to get used to Smash with the Classic Controller Pro (the one with the grips). I don't think that works nearly as well, with the sticks being too far down to hold comfortably.

As for the Wii U Pro controller, it's a bit light, and perhaps a little wide? Aside from the shoulder buttons feeling a touch cheap, it's quite comfy and should work fairly well for Smash. Same goes for the gamepad- although that one really is much wider... Obviously.

If you can get a GC-Wiimote adapter, I would recommend that over any other option though.

Ya'll GC controllers are weak. I've had mine for over 10 years, and it still works fine.

Git on mah level.

But yea, since I'm probably not gonna have that option anymore, I can switch to a pro controller.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya'll GC controllers are weak. I've had mine for over 10 years, and it still works fine.

Git on mah level.

But yea, since I'm probably not gonna have that option anymore, I can switch to a pro controller.

The key is to not let anyone use YOUR GC remote. I've had mine for about 8 years now and only I use it. I have 4 other controllers be them official Nintendo or 3rd party and those r the ones my friends use, never my silver one

The key is to not let anyone use YOUR GC remote. I've had mine for about 8 years now and only I use it. I have 4 other controllers be them official Nintendo or 3rd party and those r the ones my friends use, never my silver one

I wish someone had told me this when I was younger (and my conscience wasn't such a jerk).

Git on mah level.

You can still have that option if you get a Wii-U GameCube controller adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG

The funny thing is, its been dropped, left behind and chewed on...and its still kickin.

Forget the GCN controller. I played Smash before it, and I'll play Smash after it.

THE STRONG WILL ADAPT AS THE WEAK DIE.

• Thumbs Up 9

Speaking of adapting, how well does everyone reckon they'll adapt to the newcomers?

It seems like my best shot is with Mac, given I get a lot of use outta Ike. I know Mac's air game will be horrific, but I only really go into the air to dodge, rather than to fight. His small stature and quick moves might make him a better fit for me than any other character!

...And that sadly includes Rosalina. I'd say she's probably my weakest option, given controlling the Luma will require planning and careful manoeuvring to use efficiently. I'm not good with puppet style characters.

So yeah, anyone else?

Oddly enough I'm probably not gonna touch the newcomers all that much and stick to my vets since it's very likely all of them are returning. Although I do want to give Rosalina a try due to her fresh mechanic with Luma, she's a slightly more simple version of similar characters in more arcade-y fighters.

I'm not the biggest fan of using projectiles, so Megaman, as faithful as his moveset is, is probably gonna see the least usage from me.

My ideal strat is bobbing and weaving, making full use of my options, and just being able to stay alive for a long time thanks to recovery. So, out of the newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer will likely be my most used, if her Hula Hoop recovery is as fast and mobile as it appears to be, followed by Little Mac; even if his recovery is Glass Joe tier, there's no denying his quick short-ranged offense.

But I'll probably be using Sonic the most anyway.

I dunno, out of whose in so far I'm thinking Little Mac. Overall, though, I'll probably continue to main Marth and use Sonic a lot. I'll definitely try every character, but so far it does appear that my best bet is just sticking with Marth. I really want to use Rosalina quite a bit, too, though.

I might just take up using bowser more often, his changes just look too good to not be taken advantage of (plus BiS really spoiled me to the potential awesomeness of bowser).

Not gonna intentionally try to adapt to any new characters for the sake of it because I really just am always at my best with Yoshi, but hopefully I'll get to play around with them plenty with single player modes that force you to play everyone.  That's how I discovered Ike was enjoyable to play considering I'm not into FE at all and wouldn't have touched him otherwise.

I'm not sure if I can master mega man, not having that much punching attacks it feels like I'll spam the mega buster.

My best will probably still be Sonic, but I'd say out of the newcomers I'd choose Wii fit trainer then mega man. Little Mac looks good but I'm an air person. the greatest weakness being in the air would not do good for me. I like taking risk so I need a really good recovery.

I'm personally interested in Megaman and Little Mac. More so Little Mac. Megaman looks like he has a lot of options be it ground and air. Little Mac looks really fast and has quite a bit of ground options since his air game is going to suck apparently.

Also, dat Wii Fit Trainer.... can't wait to try her