Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

mcugza.jpg

Pic of the day. The tiny Motion-Sensor Bomb is hard to see. If you get any closer, it's dangerous. I warned you.

The bomb is looking quite spidery this time around.

Whilst you can never truly say what character you'll end up maining, I've got my eye on Rosalina. She seems like the kind of complex and technical fighter I enjoy. Much like Olimar.

Or I'll just go with whoever has the best grabs and aerials.

Edit: Motion Sensor Aparoid?

Loving the new design though I'm still confused as to why they're putting a greater attention to detail and effort into the items than the character models and assist trophies. That motion sensor bomb is way too crazy intricate for how small and insignificant it is.

You said it with your last words: item models are definetly smaller and less complicated than, say, a character or a stage, so of course one can put in it just a little more cure in the details.

Not that the characters themselves looks bad detailed, mind you: i mean, just look at DK's fur.

That fur ain't got nothing on Tropical Freeze, now that fur looked like you can pet the kongs, even in MK8 DK looks better.

Then again, it's not like your really gonna notice the details when your playing anyway, gonna be a lot of stuff happening at once.

Man, that is one nifty looking little bomb. Too bad you won't get to properly appreciate its details when its actually in use... and then it explodes! All that effort gone into the design, only for it to blow up in a second :lol:

Anyway, we all placing bets on a Yoshi reveal tomorrow, what with New Island coming out in Europe and the US?

@Teoskaven - I am looking at DK's fur and it doesn't look particularly great considering this is a WiiU game.  Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2 had better looking fur honestly.  Granted that game didn't run at 60 FPS but nonetheless it's a console game from two generations and almost a decade ago.  There really isn't much excuse.

Ack, stop with the Donkey Kong closeups. His model in particular is... flawed. Especially on the 3DS.

On the other hand, the motion sensing bomb should be a lot easier to see, now that it's red instead of grey.

Anyway, we all placing bets on a Yoshi reveal tomorrow, what with New Island coming out in Europe and the US?

I can't think of a better time for it, considering the Japanese launch is pretty far from now, and we've been getting a veteran every month.

@Teoskaven - I am looking at DK's fur and it doesn't look particularly great considering this is a WiiU game.  Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2 had better looking fur honestly.  Granted that game didn't run at 60 FPS but nonetheless it's a console game from two generations and almost a decade ago.  There really isn't much excuse.

Yeah, I mean compare DK's fur in Smash to his Tropical Freeze counterpart.

WiiU_DKCountry_scrn01_E3.jpg

This image doesn't even do the game justice; not by a longshot, but it STILL looks way better here.

• Thumbs Up 3

The characters I main are Kirby, Toon Link, King Dedede and Pikachu but I think the newest character in the game I want to play as most is Rosalina. Not only because I love that sweet little space princess but because her gameplay looks neat. Little Mac intrigues me but I think he might be quite challenging to play as.

h8t8.jpg

Reminds me of the hopper mines from Half-Life 2, lol.

I imagine it will probably only be that detailed when zoomed in.  At some point it'll switch to a less detailed model when the camera is far enough away.

Agreed that Donkey Kong looks SO much better in Tropical Freeze, but I guess you have to consider that every model in Smash has to be made with the idea that up to 6 of them might be on screen at once (Single Player multi-man matches in Classic Mode, etc).

• Thumbs Up 2

Tropical Freeze's fur for DK is definitely fuzzier but Smash4 looks wilder. Both look really good to me.

Also is it me or is the sensor bomb a bit smaller than it used to be?

I thought the X bomb would replace the smart bomb but how epic would it be to have both those items running at the same time. Craziness awaits.

Dang we got 202 pics now.

I thought the X bomb would replace the smart bomb but how epic would it be to have both those items running at the same time. Craziness awaits.

Dang we got 202 pics now.

Make all explosive items the only items and switch to very high. True Madness.

Coming from Hideo Kojima...

"I'm not working on that game (Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS), but i don't think it's likely (Snake will return). If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake."

Obvious is obvious, but why not post it eh?

• Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: GOD DAMN VISONARY YOUR DESTRUCTION IS IMMINENT 

Well okay, I don't know what to make of it. It's not looking too good for Snake, I guess. If he's not announced next week when Ground Zeroes hits shelves then I would probably count him out completely. 

EDIT2: This quote comes from a twitch stream, by the way. 

Eh, I'm fine with the 3rd Party Rep as it is. (I mean there's pac-mans chance, but....ugh)Wasn't expecting a third one. (although I wouldn't have minded.)

Despite not being a MGS fan, Snake offended me in no way last game and I'd be fine with him returning.  However, not being a MGS fan, I also have no issue with him not returning.  Brawl will always be there for me to go back for a go, he will not be missed.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Kojima is unaware of Snake returning, you can bet he's not returning at this point. Which goes further to showcase my point: I bet Snake will be replaced by an Advance Wars character who would fit very well with his modern explosives fighting style with some slight alterations, such as no cardboard box guard and a different Up+B.

Also, I've been speculating we'll get a new character reveal this week since its been a few weeks. Take a look at this:

Yoshi's New Island is an upcoming title for the Nintendo 3DS, scheduled for release on March 14, 2014 in North America and Europe, March 15, 2014 in Australia, and in Summer 2014 in Japan. It is the third game in the Yoshi's Island series and is a direct sequel to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, making it an interquel to Yoshi's Island DS.

It may not be coming out until Summer in Japan, but its releasing this weekend throughout much of the world. So yeah, I think we're getting a Yoshi reveal tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd be 100% for Sami or somebody getting Snake's moveset, but I don't think it's actually very likely. The Wars series is severely unpopular in Japan, and I don't think Days of Ruin sold that well anywhere.

I like Metal Gear a lot and it was really cool that Snake was in Brawl, but I'm not that broken up over him not returning. It was a long shot. Besides, the best thing about him being in Brawl was the codec conversations, and those might be kind of hard to do again with so many of the same characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, after re-watching all the Smash trailers up till now, it really does look like Nintendo are trying to branch the characters out from, "these guys are just trophies brought to life to fight" I mean the Little Mac, Wii Fit and Rosalina trailer really do a good job at making the characters more lively and fun to watch interact with each other compared to previous games.

I'd be 100% for Sami or somebody getting Snake's moveset, but I don't think it's actually very likely. The Wars series is severely unpopular in Japan, and I don't think Days of Ruin sold that well anywhere.

I like Metal Gear a lot and it was really cool that Snake was in Brawl, but I'm not that broken up over him not returning. It was a long shot. Besides, the best thing about him being in Brawl was the codec conversations, and those might be kind of hard to do again with so many of the same characters.

I don't know. The Advance Wars series is extremely big. There's tons of games in the series, most of them all handheld titles, even though only four were released in the US. Comparatively speaking, Golden Sun has three games. Isaac appears in all three games and is even playable in the third, too, but he's only a guest in the third.

Compared to Isaac, Sami isn't a representation of the whole series, but the series is much more massive. Despite this, she appears in the same number of games Isaac does and all three of them were released in the US (she's even only an NPC in the third kinda like Isaac, although Isaac was a guest character).

Popular or not, I think its highly likely, especially if Snake is gone and they want to keep his moveset. Although I find it hard to believe the series isn't all that popular when its got tons of games released throughout. Maybe it lost popularity in recent years... I think its still big enough to warrant at least one playable character, though.