Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I don't know. The Advance Wars series is extremely big. There's tons of games in the series, most of them all handheld titles, even though only four were released in the US. Comparatively speaking, Golden Sun has three games. Isaac appears in all three games and is even playable in the third, too, but he's only a guest in the third.

Compared to Isaac, Sami isn't a representation of the whole series, but the series is much more massive. Despite this, she appears in the same number of games Isaac does and all three of them were released in the US (she's even only an NPC in the third kinda like Isaac, although Isaac was a guest character).

Popular or not, I think its highly likely, especially if Snake is gone and they want to keep his moveset. Although I find it hard to believe the series isn't all that popular when its got tons of games released throughout. Maybe it lost popularity in recent years... I think its still big enough to warrant at least one playable character, though.

I agree on this, especialy since the overall series is called NINTENDO Wars, and its been around since the famicon NES, its long overdue for a stage, let alone a playable rep

Oh and Sami would make a great female who could bring a unique moveset, and be one of the less princessy females... of which there is currently one

I agree on this, especialy since the overall series is called NINTENDO Wars, and its been around since the famicon NES, its long overdue for a stage, let alone a playable rep

Oh and Sami would make a great female who could bring a unique moveset, and be one of the less princessy females... of which there is currently one

Actually, I read up on that, and the series is NOT called "Nintendo Wars." That's a fan-made name. Its possible Nintendo may adopt it, though.

But yeah, I agree on both Sami and the fact that its been around forever. It is long overdue for having representation in Smash other than an Assist Trophy. The main problem I see with Sami is she's not the "main" character of the games she appears in, but I do hope they put her in over anyone else.

EDIT: My mistake, it appears that Sami is in fact playable in Dual Strike game, she's just not one of the "main" characters. In fact, all three main CO's from Advance Wars 1&2 are in Dual Strike.

I normally stick with Kirby, Toon Link, Marth, Game & Watch & Pikachu on my usual outings with SSB. Am interested to see how Little Mac & Villager play, characters I've wanted in & can't wait to start using.

Am unsure on Rosalina, hopefully the physics of the character & seeming complexity of the moves won't prove irritating.

The main thing that makes Sami the ideal candidate for hijacking Snake's moveset, aside from the fact that she's one of the few COs who is also a legit foot soldier who can fight and she's had a bazooka in official art before, is how hilariously kinda similar she looks to Snake. She's almost certainly meant to be based on Rambo and not Snake, but I'm sure if she was announced for Smash people would start throwing fits about how Nintendo ripped Kojima off.

It'd be double-funny if they also gave her a growly Snake voice just because.

The main thing that makes Sami the ideal candidate for hijacking Snake's moveset, aside from the fact that she's one of the few COs who is also a legit foot soldier who can fight and she's had a bazooka in official art before, is how hilariously kinda similar she looks to Snake. She's almost certainly meant to be based on Rambo and not Snake, but I'm sure if she was announced for Smash people would start throwing fits about how Nintendo ripped Kojima off.

It'd be double-funny if they also gave her a growly Snake voice just because.

Oh, I didn't realize she's a foot soldier. Yeah, that fits her even better. I don't think she'd have a growly voice, though, she looks more like a upbeat character and the series is generally cartoony and more comedic before Days of Ruin based on what I read.

EDIT: Continuing the discussion of the series, before Advance Wars there were no predefined characters or storyline. So yeah, the only way they'd be able to pick a character is by starting with the GBA titles, so one of the main characters from the first two would be a better choice.

Also, I don't necessarily think Sami would be identical to Snake, but she'd be kinda like Lucario compared to Mewtwo. A lot of similar abilities to Snake and roughly the same base moveset with things changed around more fit to her character.

UH, I have to ask, it's pretty obvious Master and Crazy Hand are in this game in some way, but will they announce them or will it be kept secret 'till release?

If Kojima is unaware of Snake returning, you can bet he's not returning at this point. 

I remember Iizuka dodging the same question if I remember correctly, and lo and behold four mouths later Sonic was announced to return so who knows.

I remember Iizuka dodging the same question if I remember correctly, and lo and behold four mouths later Sonic was announced to return so who knows.

Kojima didn't dodge the question. He flat out said he had no idea if Snake was coming back, he was not working on the game, and he had not heard from Sakurai about it.

Ahh that's different than Iizuka saying "it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us." commentGuess we'll just have to wait and see at this point then.

Ahh that's different than Iizuka saying "it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us." commentGuess we'll just have to wait and see at this point then.

From the previous page:

Coming from Hideo Kojima...

"I'm not working on that game (Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS), but i don't think it's likely (Snake will return). If Mr. Sakurai is watching this, hopefully we see Snake."

Someone else cited this link as the source: http://www.twitch.tv/konami/b/510717661

"Looks like someone's enjoying bachelor life in this pad"

Is that implying what I think it's implying?

sakurai no

stop shipping and give us yoshi 

• Thumbs Up 4

Alright! Time for the update I've been waiting for! It's Yoshi ti--

PZQkoXE.jpg

New Stage
No Yoshi
Whatever.

What stage is that tho?

... Oh. Guess I have to wait a little longer then. Right. That's great. Yeah, I'm glad that the VILLAGER is enjoying his FUCKING bachelor pad!

*storms off... slams all the doors*

*Comes back*

Oh. Right. Apparently, this area is from the Tomodachi Collection according to some people on Miiverse. It's japan only so I don't really know... Sakurai might clear things up a little later though.

*SLAM!*

*Comes back*

Don't judge me, Random Member Reading This Post. I've gotten over it 2 minutes in...

*Last slam!*

Are people honestly worried that Yoshi might not make it into Smash 4? He's been in every one so far and is a major Nintendo character. It just seems like the most obvious thing ever to me that he'll make the cut again.

I mean, it'd be about the same as dropping Luigi, Peach or Bowser.
  • Thumbs Up 4

This might be a fake out and we'll get Yoshi later. "Might be" being the key phrase there. 

While there's no doubt he'll be in the game, I can understand being upset if he isn't announced today. I mean, it's like a mini-hype train crashing for people who were really looking forward to it. :P

I doubt anyone is seriously concerned about Yoshi's appearance. It's just that many were expecting his reveal today, what with Yoshi's New Island releasing (almost) globally. I'm baffled that Yoshi, of all characters, hasn't been revealed yet.

The 2 hour delay wasn't helping either lol

Watch Sakurai reveal Yoshi on Monday

I don't get it either. I see people on GAF being disappointed, but honestly? Instead of getting a  character we all know is returning, we got a brand new stage. Seems like the better announcement. Yoshi will probably come at or close to the Japanese release of YNI.

I love the pic, too. Hopew the stage is actually called "Bachelor Pad"

Also, Tomodachi Collection is apparently also coming to the west.

Iwata confirmed to Wall Street in an investor meeting that the game is coming to the west and that they are selecting what content to edit and fix.

It's Tomodachi Collection for sure.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=104323971

I half recall this myself, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Odds are this is going to be a stage that has multiple rooms for fighters to explore since I'm pretty sure there's some kind of apartment complex as the focal point of living in the Tomodachi Collection. Plus that one room is way too tiny to be a stage/segment of a stage by itself. Though I wonder if they'll keep it down to Luigi's Mansion-esque size or if they'll make it one of the larger stages.

Also I'd totally be okay with Yoshi being downgraded to an item/assist. I never personally play as him in any of the prior installments, but he'd make one hell of a battle stead

• Thumbs Up 1

Hahahaha oh wow, seriously no Yoshi? Looks like even Sakurai was disappointed with New Island then laugh.png

That new stage does look interesting, looking forward to seeing more of it. But VillagexWiiFitTrainer shipping? Prepare for the oncoming barrage of disturbing fan art!

I hope there's more to this stage than being a tiny, flat box. We've already got way too many completely flat stages as it stands right now.

I wonder if this is the only flat. I wouldn't mind multiple rooms to jump between.

Honestly, it looks more like you're standing on a platform in FRONT of the room.

Whoa now, Yoshi's New Island ain't out in Japan yet.

Doesn't look like it'll be out for awhile, not till sometime in the Summer, it could be a long while till we here about Yoshi.

Kinda crazy through, sometimes Sakurai announces a character on a Japan release, other times on a western release.....my head hurts.

Eh, I wasn't really expecting a Yoshi reveal today but it would've been nicer than...this stage. I don't really know what to make of this, since I never played Tomodachi Collection but it looks weird. Hopefully it's fun.

As for Snake, I'm not going to miss him (except for those funny conversations). I don't hate him or anything but he felt slightly out of place in Brawl, and he would be even more so if he was in this game's rich and colourful world. I also didn't like playing as him, but that's just cos I sucked at playing Snake. XP

Yeah, I have no concern that Yoshi will return, but I am impatient to see whether they've done anything with him since he's my main.

My biggest fear is always that they might reinvent him as "Yoshi & Baby Mario"  Q_Q  I was so happy that they gave him his cuter standy-up posing for Brawl instead of his Mario World look.