Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yes! This is the kinda update I've been wanting, Sakurai's been on a roll lately!

The stage sounds fun, and pretty big. Can't wait to see it in action.

PrxzOSO.png

S-Sakurai-kun...

Wow....I actually expected him to say something like that, whatever an interview or pic of the day.

Ohh more pics, nice~

So it's a 3D Land stage? For a second I thought it was NSMB but then I noticed the coloured blocks. If this stage is similar to Rainbow Cruise, then I'm sure I'm going to like it since Rainbow Cruise is one of my favourite stages!

Cool update but, am I the only one weirded out by the name of the stage? Especially when we also have a stage called 'Mario Galaxy'.

It probably a stand in name.

It kinda makes sense in the fact that they're generic stages based off locations from the entire game.  I guess Mario Galaxy's stage could have easily been called Gateway Galaxy since the main planet is clearly based off that, but yeah.

3D Land didn't have named levels so it couldn't have a name based off an actual location anyway, but yeah, the game titles of Mario Galaxy and 3D Land at least sound like "places" so to speak, unlike Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine's titles.

I only wish the backgrounds used some of the more surreal/iconic locales from 3D Land.  The Coastal area is pretty authentic, but the other ones don't look like any particular level.  Peach's castle even seems to be missing the Super Leaf tree.

There are so many more memorable settings in 3D Land than the generic tropes that appear in every Mario game.  =C

kq7k.png

p0vo.png

2nrb.png

k5ch.png

• Thumbs Up 1

24vljq1.jpg

That. Mouth.

Pic of the day. Fallen Rosalina. Strange how calm and nonchalant she looks even when she takes damage. Is it because she's from outer space?

Too much stardust.

I guess "Fallen" is the official term for when a character is knocked to the ground and doesn't recover or tech.

Geez.  By the time the game comes out, nobody will need to take creepy pictures of the characters.  Sakurai's already got it covered.

• Thumbs Up 1

That. Mouth.

e3B1SM8.jpg

Mmmh Yes...this will do.....

Once again we return to the traditional "It's nothing!" style pics of the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait hang on, is that Smashville? I didn't realize that was a returning stage.

Or maybe I'm just stupid and Sakurai hasn't been drawing much attention to it.

Oo-er, look at them lips! I know a certain someone is really going to like this picture... XP Super Soniko

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait hang on, is that Smashville? I didn't realize that was a returning stage. Or maybe I'm just stupid and Sakurai hasn't been drawing much attention to it.

Uh, it been shown in all of the trailers and also in some of the character pictures on the website.

The New Smashville has been shown since the original trailer.

And their are two versions of it, similar to the World Circuit stage.

Mario girls have always had fish lips.

This has always bugged me about Peach's design. She's obviously supposed to look cute, but her big pink fish lips make her look dopey.

It stinks, Rosalina's lips aren't as visible in other screenshots. I hope they didn't change them to be more obvious, I thought the more subtle lips were perfect. 

Mario girls have always had fish lips.

We call them certain other kinds of lips in other circles, HueHueHue.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hooray for suggestive Rosalina pictures! :P

Regardless of any potential other interpretations on what's going on in that picture we're such pervs aren't we? I think the whole "being graceful even when knocked down" very much suits Rosalina's character.

And for everyone complaining that this is a nothingy update today, don't forget, Sakurai gave us "a little extra" yesterday with 4 or 5 (I forget how many it was?) screenshots in one go to show off a whole stage. He's not going to spoil us every day, as much as we'd like him to!

Luigi is probably just a little out of sight.

I mean, why do you think Rosalina looks so pleased? ;)

• Thumbs Up 8

Its City Folk. I'm not sure if its called City Folk, but the stage is based on City Folk and its not the same as Smashville, though it is VERY similar. It does switch between the city and town versions, though. And yeah, its been known for a long time.

Weird Rosalina picture. I like the pose, though, she looks cute despite being hurt... :P

I kinda expected a picture of luigi because today is the last day of the year of luigi.

Hate to break it to you but the Year of Luigi actually ended yesterday - we are no longer in the year of the green one!

But hey, we got the multi-pic Super Mario 3D Land stage update, so that's kinda apt at least I guess?

Anyway, back to Rosalina. Damn she fine. Definitely going to be one of my favourite characters in the game, I can tell. For many reasons if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge say no more