Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

She's just a regular trophy, not a Assist.

Anyway, glad that Wii U is getting some Uprising tropies, despite the game being a 3DS exclusive, cause really, Uprising revitalize the Kid Icarus world.

Love Phosphora, but considering she only appeared in about three stages of the game she has no rights towards Assist Trophy representation at all so not surprised this is her only role.

• Thumbs Up 4

Am I the only one here who hasn't played Kid Icarus Uprising (I have, but didn't make it very far cos of the awful left handed controls)? D:

Anyway Phosphora looks really cool, but if it's just a trophy and not an Assist then...eh. Though I have to admit there seems to be a lot more detail in these trophies than Brawl and Melee, especially Melee.

Very surprised to see a 3DS character appear as a trophy in the Wii U version.

Would've been cool if she was also an Assist Trophy. She could possibly paralyze your opponents, just as she does to you in Kid Icarus Uprising's boss fight.

Very surprised to see a 3DS character appear as a trophy in the Wii U version.

Why? Granted, they said the Wii U version would mostly have trophies from console games, but there isn't nearly as much to work with if they were just taking from the NES Kid Icarus, especially considering the fact that basically every place and enemy from the series has been re-imagined in the 3DS game. In a way, Kid Icarus as we know it now is handheld exclusive.

Similarly, you can expect to see Punch-Out!! trophies in the 3DS version despite there never being a handheld Punch-Out. 

Am I the only one here who hasn't played Kid Icarus Uprising (I have, but didn't make it very far cos of the awful left handed controls)? D:

Anyway Phosphora looks really cool, but if it's just a trophy and not an Assist then...eh. Though I have to admit there seems to be a lot more detail in these trophies than Brawl and Melee, especially Melee.

I havent, but thats due to the sad fact I dont own any of the 3DS line

Sup. To this day, I don't have a 3DS to play the game on.

All of you people need to see the Icarus-flavored light and play the game, lol. It's probably one of the best games on the 3ds, and my personal favorite.

• Thumbs Up 3

All of you people need to see the Icarus-flavored light and play the game, lol. It's probably one of the best games on the 3ds, and my personal favorite.

But most of my money is going towards wii-u games, we need a wii-u sequel! that would move units XD

But most of my money is going towards wii-u games, we need a wii-u sequel! that would move units XD

Too bad a sequel wouldn't be happening for a long time...

Where's this screenshot of the Wii U trophy?  People said it was on the site but I see the same 3DS one there.

I think we have a KI:U trophy in the Wii U version because it's Sakurai's baby almost

It's not like they can work much from the NES games anyway.

Uprising to me felt like the first true game in the series, despite it being a sequel to the original, so I expect Smash to use pretty much all the elements from that game when referencing the Kid Icarus series.

I mean, every character and monster from the Original game appears in Uprising anyway, just with updated designs, same said for Skyworld, Palutena's temple, and the Underworld, Again, all with updated designs.

Where's this screenshot of the Wii U trophy?  People said it was on the site but I see the same 3DS one there.

What 3DS one? The Phosphora trophy is on Wii U. Possibly 3DS as well, but the one revealed today is Wii U.

Ohhh I see.  Okay well I'm disappointed with all of you for getting me all excited with your "Oh she looks so cool in HD!" talk considering it's still her lower-poly 3DS model.  >=U

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh I see.  Okay well I'm disappointed with all of you for getting me all excited with your "Oh she looks so cool in HD!" talk considering it's still her lower-poly 3DS model.  >=U

What, you mean like a straight rip of her 3DS model? Because it looks pretty HD-ified to me:

VB4cZIq.jpg

She looks pretty angular and 3DS-ish to me.  I mean, Kid Icarus had very good graphics so she looks good anyway, but definitely not on par with the Wii U characters here.

I mean it's totally fine for them to have just used a 3DS model here as a trophy, trophies always have a mixture of direct usage of models from original games and new ones, but yeah, she doesn't look more detailed than she did on 3DS IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's not necessarily more detailed than in Uprising, but I think her model looks a bit clearer and crisper here at least.

Either way, she looks fine, so that's all I'm worried about. I wouldn't expect them to put as much effort into the trophies anyway, they're only there for display purposes in a bonus menu rather than something we'll be feasting our eyes on for most of the game.

Phosphora is one of those characters who is not notable enough to warrant animations for in the form of Assist Trophies, yet has enough relevance in the respectable franchise to be considered as a Trophy. Much like Sothe and Elincia for Fire Emblem's trophies, Plusle & Minun and Leafeon & Glaceon for Pokemon, and Blaze and Jet for Sonic's trophies in Brawl.

That said, Phosphora could be a background feature in one of the two Kid Icarus stages, which would automatically give her a Trophy - every single Pokemon that was in the background in Pokemon Stadium 2, including Cubone and Dugtrio, got a Trophy.

As for KIU characters who have not been seen in screenshots yet, I expect Trophies for Medusa, Dark Pit, Pyrrhon, Hades, Magnus, and Pandora, with Trophies for Cragalanche, the Great Reaper, Dark Lord Gaol, Thanatos, Arlon, Dyntos, and a montage of Aurum enemies being in the "Maybe, but doubtful" category

Potential Cucco storm that damages who attacks the Cucco item?

• Thumbs Up 1

New items are always nice to see. I'm assuming they summon a million of their friends when you attack them. I wonder how easy they are to remove from the playing field, or if you just have to start fighting around them to not trigger them. And do they only hurt the player attacked them? Time will tell.

I see you lurking in the thread Solly. You won't beat me this time.

oh okay. that's how it is, is it?

I don't even care.

I care immensely.

• Thumbs Up 9

Hide your seeds and millet, cowards!

Funny that they're using the Twilight Princess design. In that game, attacking a cucco would result in the player assuming control of it...for some reason