Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

No Mewtwo, huh... at this rate I'm guessing he'll be a secret char and we won't know about it until after the game releases, so I should probably stop getting my hopes up.

Glad that there's no more transformations, if nothing else. That shit was disruptive and pointless as all hell.

Also, Kritters in Smash Run. Nintendo hasn't forgotten the Kremlings after all.

10246334_639591639430022_808631813388639

So now I'm just going to sit back and wait for the part where all my hopes for this game are crushed as K. Rool is confirmed as a stage hazard on Gangplank Galleon

• Thumbs Up 1

A Pokemon stage did get featured despite there being no reference to it. And it's not a Stadium.

greninjastage_zpsb6f11e82.png

The Pokeball logo in the center of the stage is a giveaway.

It's the Kalos Pokemon League foyer, from the looks of it. But it could also be the throne room of N's Castle.

• Thumbs Up 2

So now I'm just going to sit back and wait for the part where all my hopes for this game are crushed as K. Rool is confirmed as a stage hazard on Gangplank Galleon

It wouldn't surprise if K. Rool is a boss, but as long as he actually appears I'm happy. He'd be great as a playable, too, though, so either way, either Dixie Kong or K. Rool, or both, I'd love that. (I do think at least one of them will be playable.)

• Thumbs Up 2

So did anyone notice during some of the gameplay footage that flame would surround the characters briefly after they got through with an attack? At first I thought it was something specific to little mac but im wondering if its something for all the characters (also if you don't know what im talking about skip to 2:11 and pay attention to mario):

A Pokemon stage did get featured despite there being no reference to it. And it's not a Stadium.

greninjastage_zpsb6f11e82.png

The Pokeball logo in the center of the stage is a giveaway.

It's the Kalos Pokemon League foyer, from the looks of it. But it could also be the throne room of N's Castle.

It looks like the Water Elite Four room to me

Now that you mention it, it is. And looking back, Drasna's room was also shown.

10252103_10203657984793650_8639725397007

We go from semi-canonical Pokemon Stadiums, to actual Pokemon League stages. I like.

• Thumbs Up 2

i1xl5h.jpg

BLUE SHELL ITEM. WE SO SCREWWWWWWWWWED.

• Thumbs Up 8

Cuccos AND Blue Shells? Is Sakurai trying to combine everyone's worst fears into one game or something? Why not just throw in the fucking sun while you're at it? D=

also

Skull Kid's assist doesn't call down the moon

He just does some stupid screen flip bullshit

this is an outrage 0/10 will not buy

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic's Bair comes out at like frame 5, Side B's hop is near instantaneous, Uair is quick to finish, and Dair is a spike.

I don't even care about anything else, this is exactly what I wanted from Sonic and Sakurai delivered. I love it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just dropping by to say I was right about the Phantom being one of Zelda's moves and not an assist trophy.. ;ooooo

Also to say that Sakurai's Pseudo-Palutena stunt killed a good fraction of my brain cells. On the other hand she seems more likely because of it, but holy shit I've never even seen such high-level trolling before. Well played Sakurai. Well played.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Skull Kid is a assist with a meh ability.

Ridley is jut about deconfirmed, with almost little faith of him actually bring playable.

And Mewtwo has a slim chance of returning from my perspective.

I will laugh if the last two are infact non-playable. It just adds sting to injury in my mind that 3 of the highest requested characters didn't make the cut.

Glad to see kritters. Plus kritters had great importance in the strikers series. So its no wonder saukari remembers

My only issue, is that why not just evolve Sheik into the more unique Impa, than having there be a clone? at least Samus's normal form could be blamed upon Samus-X

I guess Impa could be an alternate costume though

The gameplay for SSB4 looked pretty solid for both versions in the Direct. I absolutely adore Rosalina's moveset and Little Mac looks like a very unique character too, though I don't think it'll be easy to master him. We'll see. XP

But man, Sakurai is such a troll. Is Ridley playable?? Is Palutena playable?? So many questions and so little answers lol.

My only issue, is that why not just evolve Sheik into the more unique Impa, than having there be a clone? at least Samus's normal form could be blamed upon Samus-X

I guess Impa could be an alternate costume though

Where was it stated Impa was in, or that Impa couldn't have a different moveset?

Granted, at this rate Impa's chances are less likely (due to both Sheik back AND Greninja, both with ninja-like movesets), but that doesn't mean they couldn't still add her and give her an actual weapon like a dagger or katana to fight with. Considering the fact that Lyn is out, my idea for a Lyn moveset could be shifted to Impa instead with a few tweaks to make it more Zelda-like.

Impa is probably playable in Hyrule Warriors, as well, and they've probably got a moveset defined for her in that game. They could've had the idea in mind and made Impa like that.

Other than Impa and Vaati I can't think of any other Zelda characters to add, really... There is, god forbid, TINGLE, but Tingle is so widely reviled (except in Japan) I cannot see him getting in ever as anything but an Assist.

also

Skull Kid's assist doesn't call down the moon

He just does some stupid screen flip bullshit

this is an outrage 0/10 will not buy

The screen flip is based on Stone Tower Temple. Not exactly the same, but its definitely based on the same concept of Stone Tower Temple, and calling down the moon would be op.

Cuccos AND Blue Shells? Is Sakurai trying to combine everyone's worst fears into one game or something? Why not just throw in the fucking sun while you're at it? D=

Don't encourage him, he will.... HE WILL...

It's a bit of a shame. The guy is working his ass off and there's still people going 'meh what are you doing' to his decisions.

Riley was confirmed to be a boss a while ago, so the shadow was just more of a reassurance that that's what his role will be. Riley is always a massive character, anyway.

So far, I've not seen anything bad apart from the fact that you can't use your customised movesets online. We've yet to see everything this game has to offer. What I want to see is what their other alternative costumes are going to be since we've seen two that aren't recolours; of course, the closest we got to alternative costumes that was 'different' from a simple recolour was Dark Link. It would be nice to see some of these costumes turned into other characters that shared the same movesets as before.

I couldn't see customized movesets being online without ruining everything tbh. Seems like something that would be easy to exploit

• Thumbs Up 7

I couldn't see customized movesets being online without ruining everything tbh. Seems like something that would be easy to exploit

Didn't he say you would only be able to use them in multiplayer online and stuff like that? Or did I just mishear that part?

It's a bit of a shame. The guy is working his ass off and there's still people going 'meh what are you doing' to his decisions.

Riley was confirmed to be a boss a while ago, so the shadow was just more of a reassurance that that's what his role will be. Riley is always a massive character, anyway.

So far, I've not seen anything bad apart from the fact that you can't use your customised movesets online. We've yet to see everything this game has to offer. What I want to see is what their other alternative costumes are going to be since we've seen two that aren't recolours; of course, the closest we got to alternative costumes that was 'different' from a simple recolour was Dark Link. It would be nice to see some of these costumes turned into other characters that shared the same movesets as before.

Wrong. You can't use custom movesets online with people you don't know. You can use them online with friends all you want, its just if you're looking to battle against people not in your friends list you can't use custom movesets.

Personally I think its a good move. People won't know what customizations you added to your characters.

So far, I've not seen anything bad apart from the fact that you can't use your customised movesets online.

You can use customised movesets online in friend matches, I believe. Using them in matches against randoms would be infuriating though. It's definitely a wise decision for players to be limited to just the defaults if it's a match with people they don't know.

Personally I think its a good move. People won't know what customizations you added to your characters.

Then just... show them to the other players before the match starts? Recent Street Fighter 4 variations allow you to swap super moves in a similar fashion and that method works perfectly fine.

EDIT: Oh man, a Raccoon Leaf item? Does that mean everyone has their own raccoon look? Including the characters that already have tails? XD