Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

GRENINJA IMPRESSIONS, MOVESET, THOUGHTS

So here's the partial moveset according to me xD Remember I'm assuming here, I could be wrong on more than one of these.

A,A,A Combo:

greninjaaaa_zpsa904f542.jpg greninjaaaa2_zps1d072672.jpg 

Greninja assaults the players with multiple cutting water waves (the way I see it) and finishes with a strong blow that makes water splash everywhere.

Tilts:

Forward tilt:

greninjaforwardsmash_zps9cec9383.jpg 

A pretty straightforward (get it?) kick

Up tilt:

greninjautilt_zpsbd4dfba2.jpg greninjautilt2_zpsb32cbfb3.jpg 

An interesting move, Greninja flicks his tongue, hitting and lifting opponents

Aerials:

DAir:

greninjadair_zps46228971.jpg 

Greninja strikes down and bounces off the opponent.

FAir:

greninjafair_zps012524e8.jpg

A very badass WATER SWORD slice forwards. How much better can it get?

BAir:

greninjabair_zps8caf44ea.jpg 

A flurry of kicks, with a 4th kick to finish it off.

Smashes:

Forward Smash:

greninjaftilt_zps758d86f0.jpg 

A forward water sword attack that packs a punch.

Up Smash:

greninjaupsmash_zps5545f16c.jpg

A very sick upwards strike with two Swords. Double the fun!

Down Smash:

greninjadownsmash_zps507b2997.jpg 

A low sweep.

Specials:

B:

greninjaneutralb_zpsc6ad036e.jpg 

His signature water shuriken, size changes according to charge time.

Up B:

greninjaupb_zps9b68850d.jpg 

Once again a truly epic move, Greninja is capable of propelling himself with bursts of water coming from his hands, he can do this with succession, ala Pikachu.

Down B: (?)

greninjadownb2_zpsb7106591.jpg greninjadownb_zps3cbcc1b5.jpg 

A Counter-attack move, the problem is these 2 images function similarly but different how does it differ? from how long you hold?

Grab / Pummel:

greninjagrab_zps86c9a641.jpg 

Greninja traps its victim in a whirlpool, it pummels just by squeezing it tighter.

Up throw:

greninjaupthrow_zps45445c0f.jpg 

Greninja tosses the opponent into the sky.

Taunts:

greninjataunt_zps6f81e306.jpg greninjataunt2_zpse894b64b.jpg

Epic poses indeed xD I think I missed one.

FINAL SMASH:

greninjafs_zps1c4be23b.jpg

An epic assault of fast and furious (:P) attacks.

Also add to this that he has the ability to crawl.

*phew phew* I like... used up all my image attachment limits if there is one xD

Proper Thoughts later on, for now gotta go sleep. Gotta sleep fast!

• Thumbs Up 1

Down B: (?)

greninjadownb2_zpsb7106591.jpg greninjadownb_zps3cbcc1b5.jpg 

A Counter-attack move, the problem is these 2 images function similarly but different how does it differ? from how long you hold?

Might be part of the customization. Functionally, the one used against the Wii Fit Guy avoids the attack (the sun continues on past him) while the Substitute version blocks it (the reflected shuriken disappears). It also looks like the first one might not require an attack to hit you to activate; the smoke clouds start appearing when the sun is about halfway between them, whereas in the second case they don't start until the shuriken has already been blocked.

I have to say I'm surprised there's still no sign of a female villager option.  Unlike WFT they wouldn't even need to re-animate much, male and female villagers have the exact same body shape.

For some reason interest in the game has dropped a bit since yesterday, it might have been a couple of the characters. Wait and see at the moment.

Unsure whether this is mentioned already or not but a couple of the new items are from Namco's games instead of the usual Nintendo ones [plus one from Goldeneye/Perfect Dark in Melee]. The S Flag from Rally X/New Rally X and the enemy ships from Galaga.

Sounds like it is a matter of time until Pac-Man or another Namco character from that era (e.g. Dig Dug/Taizo Hori, Mappy) gets unveiled of some sort.

• Thumbs Up 1

hmmm thought, what if certian characters are locked on the 3DS version until the wii-u release, and require the cross connection to unlock while the wii-u already has them unlocked/unlockable other ways

It would also keep certian hidden characters secret untill the wii-u release

hmmm thought, what if certian characters are locked on the 3DS version until the wii-u release, and require the cross connection to unlock while the wii-u already has them unlocked/unlockable other ways

It would also keep certian hidden characters secret untill the wii-u release

That would ruin the whole point of having the same characters in the two versions because I doubt someone will buy a 299 dollar console and get basically the same game just to unlock a character.

I would rather have them as DLC or unlockable through normal means.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of DLC, do you guys think either version will be getting any? It would be really nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

I have little doubt Sakurai and co will regret not bringing certain characters into the game with the time they had, and it's the perfect excuse to give the title a much longer life. I don't doubt the game will already feel more or less complete on release but honestly I'd be genuinely surprised if we didn't get some form of DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, maybe I said that kinda off, but I still think that Sakurai and co might find a way to hide certian characters till the wii-u version releases, wheter it be connectivity, timer, DLC, or otherwise

and yeah DLC is a possibility, Pikmin got it, why wouldnt this get it?

a further thought before I leave:

Hmmm, what I am thinking sakurai says he wants each version to be equal,  which is part of the reason for the shared roster, yet because of the earlier 3DS release a lot of the surprise of the character roster will be gone, unless he has a few tricks up his sleeve, which wouldnt surprise me

mind you the roster thing doesnt bother me that much, just looking at reasons for it to be extra large partialy, and I kind played every super smash bros prior to this one post original release, this one I am preordering(since wii-u game releases are so spread out I can afford to do it XD I am also preordering MK8 and Hyrule warriors)

Speaking of DLC, do you guys think either version will be getting any? It would be really nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

Wii U: Yes, it'll make the console more attractive.

I doubt for the 3DS cos' handheld ver. usually gets the shaft DLC-wise..

I dunno, this isn't like UnleasHDed and UnWiished or even Lost World Wii U/3DS, these are literally two seperate games, all they share is characters and what 2 stages?

Realisation: No story mode means we will definitely be getting a kickass opening FMV for Smash 4 like Melee had.  This is very important to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wanna see some action going on with Mario, sonic and mega man. I know they can make it epic. The bit of Mario and charizard was really awesome.

I wanna see some action going on with Mario, sonic and mega man. I know they can make it epic. The bit of Mario and charizard was really awesome.

Not...it would still be Mario & Kirby...if only to keep with the original Smash Bros. 64.

Man, with all the furor over her design, I feel like one of the only who didn't notice the bigger boobs on Samus until they were pointed out tome.