Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Ohhh I thought you were talking about the flame, not the "3" and the "U" in the logo.  I do agree, I can see a distinctly separate texture between those two.

Hoooowever until there's any further confirmation of theming I don't think it's anything to be concerned over.  To be honest I'm not keen on the idea, I like Smash Bros to remain fairly neutral in its original aesthetics.  I wouldn't want one to have icy tones and the other firey ones in any part of the original content.

Both, as we see in that FD backdrop, is fine.

Have you guys thought about factoring THIS in

Super-Smash-Bros-Final-Destination.jpg

Man, you can tell the namco team had a hand in this one, its like the final stage in soul caliber and final destination had a baby and this masterpiece was the result.

They sort of did that in Brawl. You had trophies from Another Code and Hotel Dusk, which as far as I know are third party Nintendo games. Could be wrong though. =S

They are published by Nintendo, so they are at least second party.

N3DS_SuperSmashBros_Stage11_Screen_03_zp

Sakurai you said Alfonso would only conduct the train if Toon Link was battling. :V

Holy shit do you see how far Samus's grapple goes?

Sonic's looking pretty good in the 3DS version. We hadn't seen pics of him in 3DS for a while, so it's good to know.

runtopoke_zpsab6c3eab.png

1422545_564763323593314_686589334_n_zpsb

1462923_564763316926648_378383212_n_zps5

N3DS_SuperSmashBros_Stage02_Screen_07_zp

N3DS_SuperSmashBros_Stage02_Screen_08_zp Got a little spring in his step with Fsmash now. tongue.png

But his expressions here don't come close to how he's looking in the Wii U. I'd say he's second to DDD when it comes to expressions in Smash now. He looks a hell of a lot better than in Brawl, and he's got some nice-looking pained expressions and snarls to go with his smirks.

13729287683_a14c925288_h_zpsc1688ea2.jpg

13729365425_c87d8b48ed_h_zps582e0f7e.jpg

13729380245_8eac9cf48c_h_zps1f7ba6fd.jpg

13729408035_a5dc30dc6f_h_zps23184693.jpg

13729637134_632b0d0d3e_h_zpsac9fe88d.jpg

13729470773_b78d6b51c2_h_zps5dee1c7b.jpg

13729714654_f013a64d52_h_zpsecee286c.jpg

13729461373_2927d3ae4d_h_zpsc1340236.jpg

13729731394_63fdcd8617_h_zps29d2a047.jpg

"He's got an attitude" alright.

• Thumbs Up 7

I can't wait to hear Rogers rendition of "You're to slow!"

Same here! I am excited to see how Roger will say that famous line.

Man, if E3 could come along sooner...I am dying for more information.

Wow, they really did change up Sonic after those original pics! Guess I can stop with the smirk joke.

Also, that Galaxy stage by far is one of my favorite new stages. It visually is a great way to make all the characters pop!

As for past stages, anyone else willing to bet 3DS gets Melee stages, while Wii U one gets Brawl stages?

So seeing as the subject of music - remixes specifically - came up in the Direct thread, I decided to waste my morning gathering some statistics from Brawl, if it's any indication of what to expect.

Out of the 258 selections total available to My Music, 129 of them - exactly half of them - were not directly ripped from a previous game, according to the Dojo. A stage would on average receive 6-7 songs, and 66.8% of those would be remixes. But this isn't to say there aren't outliers - for example, 75m and Flat Zone 2 received a mere three songs each with one per being a rip, whilst Green Hill and Shadow Moses received a whopping twelve and nine songs but only one and three remixes respectively.

Taking a quick glance over the songs and stages, one of the main factors considered seems to be whether or not the stage in question, and the game it originated from for that matter, is already modern enough muscially speaking not to juxtapose with the rest of the soundtrack. Another, obviously, is whether the existing soundtrack will fit in with people beating the shit out of each other. Norfair and New Pork City, for example, filled neither of these criteria, so all of its music is exclusively remixes. Green Hill, again, is the obvious exception because of Sonic's late inclusion, so they had to make do with whatever they could snap up on short notice.

As far as how Sonic's music could fare in SSB4 based off patterns established by Brawl - even in a worst case scenario I'm expecting at least three remixes this time around, but still a very generous helping overall for Windy Hill of post-Dreamcast songs and maybe 2-3 chiptune era songs for the sake of it. And one of them will almost certaintly be Green Hill. If Sakurai and the music team feel especially generous this time around, we can hope for around six remixes at best. Of course, I'm not providing any guarantees, considering this is based off a game that came out six years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well we already know Sonic Heroes is returning as a non-remix. And Windy Hill is a guarantee. Either a remix or not. Prsonally I want either Terminal Velocity or Crisis City Modern/Classic remixed. Perhaps Metal Harbor.

As for other series, did anyone notice that Ballad of the Goddess appeared twice in the my music screen for direct? Is one of them the original while the other is the guitar remix? 

Aside from that Zelda wise, I'm hoping we get more Majora's Mask love. We got quite a lot of TP rep in Brawl, so I hope that doesn't happen here. Skyward Sword.....eh. BotG is the only song from that game I really cared about.:P

Mario will most definitely have quite a few songs from 3D Land, 3D World, and Mario Kart 8.

Hoping for a Bramble Blast remix once again, cause after Brawl, that song just became one of my Super Smash favorites.

And Wii Fit/whatever 3DS gets can easily take stuff from some of Wii Fits mini-games.(Step-Dance anyone?) If 3DS gets a 3DS as a stage or something of the like, Any of the versions of Mii Plaza would work for me!

Other stuff like Butter Building, Delfino Plaza, Mii Channel, Wild World's theme, I hope gets remixed as well. (and the obvious Melee and Brawl theme remixes)

Hopefully the stuff we've heard in the Direct will be available on Both versions, cause dang I want to here that Pikmin Theme.

Skyloft has both the original Ballad of the Goddess and an arrangement. It's specified as such in the My Music menu, and I think that distinction is a good addition. I'm just surprised Saria's Song is coming back, and as an arrangement no less. Can't wait to hear it - will it have the same arrangement setup as Song of Storms, where it's a remix of the song in question, followed by a theme that you wouldn't expect (Ganon's theme for SoS, followed by Serenade of Water)?

Brinstar's Melee remix was heard in the Direct, so that might make a comeback too. And with Halberd returning, So will Meta Knight's Revenge, at least. And with Jungle Japes, that theme is coming back too.

Smash 4 Sonic music: Windy Hill, Green Hill, and Splash Hill are coming in, remixes or no. No doubt. After that, who can say. Maybe Generations's Sky Sanctuary Act 2 theme to match with the high-in-the-sky setting Windy Hill's got. I'm personally hoping for Tropical Resort, but that's highly specific since Reach For the Stars is easily accessible for use.

Maybe they can pull a Brawl/Shadow Moses/MGSIV, and put in a Sonic Boom song as a way to advertise SEGA's currently hyped product?

They'd only put a Sonic Boom song in to hype it up as one of the two songs for the 3DS version since Boom will be out before 4 Wii U

They'd only put a Sonic Boom song in to hype it up as one of the two songs for the 3DS version since Boom will be out before 4 Wii U

Don't count on ANY Boom! stuff in SSB4, because it's coming to Japan, both versions and SEGA strictly stated that Boom! isn't even going to touch Japan, it's staying western only.

Don't count on ANY Boom! stuff in SSB4, because it's coming to Japan, both versions and SEGA strictly stated that Boom! isn't even going to touch Japan, it's staying western only.

Well there's always the region lock to help them separate versions, so perhaps the NA edition will recive such.

I wonder if Sonic CD will get any other rep besides Sonic Boom. Either US or Japanese. Stardust Speedway Bad Future(JP) could work, or perhaps Collision Chaos Present(JP). CD had a pretty big and successful port released in 2011 so who knows.

N3DS_SuperSmashBros_Stage11_Screen_03_zp

Sakurai you said Alfonso would only conduct the train if Toon Link was battling. :V

Hmm.  Maybe Alfonzo's so keen to take charge of the train that he does so even if it's only regular Link who joins the battle.  Or they could've replaced Toon Link as driver full-time, or maybe whether Alfonzo or Toon Link drives the train is randomised?  Or they can change over mid-battle?

What I really noticed about that screenshot is that, in Spirit Tracks, colliding with the enemy trains like that caused a game over.  So all four players should be dead right now.

Pic of the day

daily.jpg

"Pic of the day. Your character starts a Smash Run as a relatively ordinary fighter. But before the game, you can outfit yourself with certain items that can help power you up early, which will give you a big advantage later on!! These items are much like the Powers you'd find in Kid Icarus: Uprising."

Comp Smash guys. Explain a counter-pick stage please? :c

A stage that is banned on a case-by-case basis depending on whether the organizers of a specific tourney want to discourage stages that are deemed to grant significant advantages towards certain characters.

For example, a stage which has an explicitly wide terrain can be exploited by campers. Fox in particular used to be the guiltiest offender of stage abuse in Melee and he skewered so much of the meta game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really digging Smash Run! Looks like it's going to be as fun and addicting as City Trial in Kirby Air Ride. I only wish the time limit was a little longer. ;w;

I wonder how they react to stages having final destination form.

And I have no idea camping exist it in smash bros. lol

Does anyone have an idea on what the red burst of energy on some characters.

Edit: nevermind, its when a character gets a kill.

A real GOOD thing they have a For Fun mode, cause I don't want to be anywhere near Tournament crazed folks unless I feel like it on occasion.

• Thumbs Up 5

I wonder how they react to stages having final destination form.

And I have no idea camping exist it in smash bros. lol

Does anyone have an idea on what the red burst of energy on some characters.

Edit: nevermind, its when a character gets a kill.

When Player 1 gets the kill.