Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It'd be really nice if that Online with "Anyone" had a 3rd option...for a much simpler way of allowing the players to choose stages, items, extra modes, and whether or not there would be a "TEAM BATTLE"...

Stage Selection = 50% Loser's pick...50% Winner's choice

Items(variety and frequency)= Smasher in 2nd Place

Extra modes(Stamina, Coin, Stock, Time)= Smasher in 3rd Place

Team Battle(Always 2 vs 2 obviously)= Randomly decided...

2djdver.png

Did you really just make that for this post

Gold medal, man. You get a gold medal.

• Thumbs Up 7

You know what Smash 4 is the perfect chance for?

A remix of the starman theme from Mario Land!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSAvMCFevkI

I mean we had a remix of the underground theme in Brawl so its possible.

And besides who wouldn't want to battle to death to the Can Can?

I wonder if they just didn't go into full detail about stage choice being random?  I'd much rather see a Mario Kart online styled voting system.

But the concept of Final Destination being specifically said to not appear at all suggests this isn't to be the case.

I wonder if they just didn't go into full detail about stage choice being random?  I'd much rather see a Mario Kart online styled voting system.

But the concept of Final Destination being specifically said to not appear at all suggests this isn't to be the case.

Doesn't Mario Kart Online just randomly select from the choices of all the players there? That would be no different from how Brawl did it, except you'd be able to see the stages that other people picked.

Doesn't Mario Kart Online just randomly select from the choices of all the players there? That would be no different from how Brawl did it, except you'd be able to see the stages that other people picked.

Indeed, but the wording thus far has implied it will be 100% random - unless they just mean you're not allowed to choose Final Destination.  But that's the thing, if it's a random vote then why can't people vote for FD if they want to play that WITH items?

Indeed, but the wording thus far has implied it will be 100% random - unless they just mean you're not allowed to choose Final Destination.  But that's the thing, if it's a random vote then why can't people vote for FD if they want to play that WITH items?

Cause its easier to program that way, and because they dont think people wanna play it against strangers online. Its also a lot more streamlined for the servers, and their setup, specialy since it allows them to minimize lag for Competitive due to the reduced amount of elements as well

Cause its easier to program that way, and because they dont think people wanna play it against strangers online. Its also a lot more streamlined for the servers, and their setup, specialy since it allows them to minimize lag for Competitive due to the reduced amount of elements as well

...I don't see how it'd be "easier to program".  They're literally just excluding a stage choice.  And I doubt FD being the only stage for competitive has any bearing on the decision, competitive just want Final Destination.  And even then that has no bearing on whether For Fun players can play on it or not.

Final Destination is just another stage.  There's no reason why it shouldn't be a voteable choice or a random possibility for For Fun players.

I guess Battlefield and other gimmickless simple stages will show up from time to time though so not a huge issue.

...I don't see how it'd be "easier to program".  They're literally just excluding a stage choice.  And I doubt FD being the only stage for competitive has any bearing on the decision, competitive just want Final Destination.  And even then that has no bearing on whether For Fun players can play on it or not.

Final Destination is just another stage.  There's no reason why it shouldn't be a voteable choice or a random possibility for For Fun players.

I guess Battlefield and other gimmickless simple stages will show up from time to time though so not a huge issue.

I'll admit, I think its kinda dumb. I think Final Destination should be available as an option for For Fun. What's the fun in restricting one stage to not appear at all? Yeah, it may be a flat featureless stage, but Final Destination always has some amazing backgrounds to look at.

I don't know why they excluded FD if they decided for a Random Selection(Maybe they thought it wasn't didn't fit the "Fun" theme)...in the Direct they mentioned one of the reasons behind "F. Fun or F. Glory" was to prevent Final Destnation spamming.

I dunno if it's because of the lighting in that pic, but short-hair Samus there looks so much older than she is. It's kinda odd.

But it does make me wonder how an older Samus would look in a Metroid game set years after Fusion. tongue.png

The overly-large tongues on the shoes and the straps look weird too. Makes it look like ZSS is wearing really large sneakers. :V

I really don't like Samus with short hair.  But I typically like long hair in general.  I wasn't a fan of Bayonetta's new hair either, so maybe that's just personal preference.  But I really love her design for this game, it's easily my favorite design of her yet, including any of the actual Metroid games.

That is weird. If they made the effort to replace the models, why not use his usual face? Maybe it'll be different in the final version.

2djdver.png

Jossed in Brawl

Saw this on GAF. I like it - 

VkyHGsp.jpg

is she wearing reebok pumps

because if she is i want this design in-game. 

• Thumbs Up 8

I'll admit, I think its kinda dumb. I think Final Destination should be available as an option for For Fun. What's the fun in restricting one stage to not appear at all? Yeah, it may be a flat featureless stage, but Final Destination always has some amazing backgrounds to look at.

I think they could easily just do it as whenever you choose a stage for random matches there are two conditions:

1. You do not get to vote if your stage won the vote last time.

2. When you do get to vote again, you cannot choose either your previous winning choice of stage, OR the last stage that was played generally.

If you click a greyed out stage, a message pops up saying "this stage was played on the previous match, please choose a different one" or "this is the same stage you previously won the stage vote with, please choose a different one".

However... if you're adamant to play the same stage twice in a row, players should click the greyed out stage anyway.  If every player in the match tries to click a greyed out stage before making their proper choice, a pop-up will display saying "all players attempted to vote to play <Stage Name> again - do you want to play this stage?"  If all players select "Yes", the rules are overturned and you play the same stage again.

Naturally this would all occur under the standard 15 second or so time limit so if anyone ignores the question then that would count as a "no" and the random vote continues as normal.

For Glory would be cool as well if they had a "Stage Selector" menu.  You can choose stages you're happy to play (Final Destination and its variants cannot be turned off).  If every player in the random match has a non-FD stage set to "on", it'll be avaliable to vote on (For Glory mode would also never restrict how many times Final Destination can be voted for).  If you only want to play Final Destination then only Final Destination will appear.  But if all players in a match have marked that they're happy to have a scrap on say, Battlefield or Smashville, it will be available to choose.

How I'd do it anyway.

Ohhh, I like that design for Samus. I think short hair suits her quite well too even though it brings back horrible memories of Other M. Also, the Reebok shoes look weird but cool at the same time. Dunno why. =S

I'll keep my jet heels thanks :P but the short hair looks alright though.

Huh, the pumps actually made me appreciate the heels more.  The heels have a much more bare-bones and simple look, while these look oddly clumpy compared to the skin-tightness of her suit.

Honestly I think the heels are fine, they should've just used light blue coloured neon instead of yellow maybe.

EDIT: I went to photoshop them light blue and y'know what I ended up preferring the yellow after all.

The short hair looks nice, but pony tails are infinitely better. The heels....eh, I'm on the fence about.

I really like that design, Samus looks nice in short hair. Though I'm Indifferent on the shoes, at least they make more sense than high heels.

Did this over on the BitF site, where we were doing a couple of hypothetical reveal trailers, while some of these are unlikely,still thought it would be fun to share mine and a couple others

Mine:

starts in with DK, Mario, Diddy, Olimar, and Megaman eating Bananas in DK's tree house, when all of sudden out of nowhere, cannonballs start raining through the ceiling. They all run outside, where there is Pirate ship! they all fire, and DK starts running towards the ship when a figure jumps from it, then sends DK flying
K.Rool fires into battle
Dk gets up, and K.Rool hits him with a cannonball, and sends him flying, then proceeds to use his varied moveset on the other characters, but then a shadow flys in
Dixie glides in
she hits him, he flinces her off, and sends her flying with a super punch

now a couple of my favs, spoilered to save space, and in case people dont want to read em, just some fun ones people came up with

by Snifit http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/forum/showthread.php?12105-Make-a-Trailer&p=997993&viewfull=1#post997993

The camera begins in on a long shot of a bright shining sun.

It pans down to reveal a large and open field, almost totally flat but holding a few tall patches of grass. Cut to a figure standing on one end of the field. It is Link with narrowed eyes. He reaches for his sword and it emerges from his scabbard with a long sheen. He raises his shield, hunches his body and holds his sword back, poised for a strike. Cut to another bright sheen. The mighty Marth has raised his blade and slowly lowers it in a circle. Once the tip reaches the ground he lifts it quickly holding it upright before him. His eyes narrow as well.
There is a long shot of the field as the two men stare each other down. A wind gently rustles the grass blades. A close up of Link's hand tightening around the Master Sword's hilt and Marth's blade reflecting the bright sun's light. From behind his shoulders we see Marth dash forward, holding his blade to the side and poised for a fast slash. From behind his shoulders we see Link dash forward raising his shield. The two men clash. A blinding light shines as their swords make contact. A flurry of cuts are taken. Marth rolls across Link's back before swinging his Falchion. Link uses his shield to block the attack and swing the Master Sword down like a hammer. Marth dodges back and begins to charge his shield breaker. As he thrusts it forward Link performs a dodge and launches his trademark spin attack. The two exchange parries and assaults with the camera spinning around the two. Suddenly there is a great impact in the ground beside them.
Dust kicks into the air and the two men halt their fighting. The cloud slowly settles and a figure is present inside. The dust is suddenly blown away as the figure lifts two wings that cause a great deal of wind. Link and Marth both cover their eyes from the assault. It is Pit. He breaks his bow to blades and prepares to take on the two swordsmen. Marth and Link again ready their weapons.
We are watching the action from behind Marth and Link as they stare down this angelic warrior. A low rumble is heard. The ground begins to stir. All three men look around in confusion. Pit lifts himself into the air while staring curiously at the ground. Marth sheaths his sword as Link takes a few cautious steps back. A large pillar of earth is thrust between the three of them, knocking Pit back slightly. Link performs his backwards dodge and Marth whips his head back in confusion. fissure has taken the ground. The once perfect field now has patches of dirt piled in awkward positions. The camera follows the crack down its path towards a humble hill's peak. The camera cuts to a gloved hand with a slight yellow aura around it. The camera pulls back revealing another swordsman standing, his left hand gripping the blade on his back tightly. He yanks his right hand down to the side and a yellow screen appears behind him.

Isaac
Shakes It Up!

by Themightybox  http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/forum/showthread.php?12105-Make-a-Trailer&p=998015&viewfull=1#post998015

Three or four humvees are driving along a mountainous road, the camera pans up to the sky and silhouetted against the sun is some kind of flying vehicle. A small twinkle comes from it and the vehicle flies off, once out of the sun's glare you can see its the Koopa Clown Car, while the twinkle, now falling, reveals itself to be Bowser. Bowser lands on top of the first humvee in the line up and they all swerve to a stop and from the back of each a large group of soldiers dressed in light, red-orange uniforms comes out and all point their rifles at Bowser. Bowser just chuckles once and breaths fire over the group.

The camera cuts away to show a person, blurred behind the cracked glass, that seems to be trapped in the drivers seat of the first humvee, and can be seen banging against the door to try and force it open. Panning back we can see that the whole unit is on fire and scrambling across the mountainside, a few of them stop drop and roll, but in general the whole group as fallen into disorganization and chaos. Bowser looks proudly at the chaos caused and jumps off of the humvee, as he lands, we see behind him the door to the driver's side burst open, with a boot jutting out. The person climbs out, holding their own rifle and faces down Bowser.

Sami
Goes to War!

The gameplay footage begins and shows Sami absolutely destroying Bowser. And King Dedede. And a few others. This goes on for a while and after having KOd everybody, it cuts back to a pre-rendered video showing Sami walking down the mountain path with her gun slung over her shoulder, the wreckage of humvees and Bowser's unconscious body (with swirly eyes to accentuate the fact that he's unconscious) behind her.

those are just two of my favs, if you guys want more(and there will proably be plently more) you can check em out over here http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/forum/showthread.php?12105-Make-a-Trailer&p=998051#post998051

just thought I would share some of these fun concepts

• Thumbs Up 1