Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yeah it sounds like Meta's Knights down B move which he warp slashes and you cantrol where he goes.

*snip snip snip* The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up.
Ike's Side-Special anyone?

Project M Ike anyone?

What? Ike's Side B went farther if you held the button in "Normal" Brawl. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What? Ike's Side B went farther if you held the button in "Normal" Brawl.

Well, normal Ike then, I haven't played vanilla Brawl for ages.

Shadow Sneak sounds nice, but I'm not sure how I like the fact that it doesn't work like how the actual Shadow Sneak works.

The user extends its shadow and attacks the target from behind. This move always goes first.

Oh well. Smash Bros. doesn't have to be completely accurate, I guess. Would make more sense if it was Smokescreen.

Shadow Sneak sounds nice, but I'm not sure how I like the fact that it doesn't work like how the actual Shadow Sneak works.

Oh well. Smash Bros. doesn't have to be completely accurate, I guess. Would make more sense if it was Smokescreen.

It's hardly the first time Smash has done it either.  Jigglypuff's Rest is the most glaring example.

Have we seen if Sakurai nerfed Sonic's Up Special? I don't remember him showing it off in any videos.

It's hardly the first time Smash has done it either.  Jigglypuff's Rest is the most glaring example.

Sonic doesn't kill by jumping either. What is this, Next Gen? Oh wait.

Have we seen if Sakurai nerfed Sonic's Up Special? I don't remember him showing it off in any videos.

He uses it at the end of the part of the direct about changes to returning fighters. Though I'm not familiar enough with Sonic to know at a glance if it's changed at all.

I really hope they don't Nerf the spring. Anything but the spring. Plus look at other characters that got better recovery like pit and olimar.

The spring is fine

I really hope they don't Nerf the spring. Anything but the spring. Plus look at other characters that got better recovery like pit and olimar.

Olimar's recovery is fucking hysterical. In order to maximize effectiveness, he fucking throws his Pikmin so he doesn't get weighed down. But on the subject of recovery specials, I wonder what will happen to Metaknight's Up Special since he glides at the end of it. I really liked gliding rip5eversweetfeature.

Sonic's recovery in Brawl was very versatile and powerful.  Them nerfing the height of his Up B wouldn't hurt it all that much.  He's the only character barring Metaknight who has 4 specials that all function as viable recovery options (not to mention none of them put him in a completely helpless state, even his Up B still allows him to use normal attacks).  

I think the gliding was op you could literally fly under battle field and make it to the other side, and survive.

Sonic's recovery in Brawl was very versatile and powerful.  Them nerfing the height of his Up B wouldn't hurt it all that much.  He's the only character barring Metaknight who has 4 specials that all function as viable recovery options (not to mention none of them put him in a completely helpless state, even his Up B still allows him to use normal attacks).  

Regardless, I think the fact that Sonic wasn't that powerful as a whole is why he has so much chances at recovering. If they increase his power only slightly so he's more damaging, but not so much that he's op, keeping his recoveries the same wouldn't hurt him much. Granted, they could make him a lot more powerful and nerf his recoveries... its really all up for grabs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I seriously doubt Sonic's "Down B" was of any use as a recovery move...even slightly, Not without being used in complete succession with another "special"

I sometimes use Down B to recover for defensive purposes, because tilting the control stick in the direction Sonic's going while Spin Charging in the air not only edges him further that way, but also actually adds an extra hitbox to the attack, effectively doubling his priority. Incoming edgeguarders have to be wary about getting hit if they have sloppy spacing, something that may happen as they're trying to hit Sonic and be able to get back to the stage at the same time.

Plus Down B is the faster Spin Dash, so if Sonic wants to get back on stage asap, Down B's the move of choice.

Giving Sonic that extra hitbox for a forward-tilted Spin Charge sounds pretty pointless by design, but it just increased his level of approach options that much more. I hope that little nuance is kept in Smash 4.

I like how instead of making his attacks more powerful they've decided to emphasize his other strengths more. His moves look faster and less laggy, as well as having a bit of a range buff, because I feel like they've missed the point of the whole point of the "fragile speedster" thing if he isn't, well, fragile.

While that all may be true, he still could use at least one buffed up move that can send people flying farther. Maybe beef up his forward-air or up-smash? Something.

• Thumbs Up 1

His side b spin dash is much faster too especially the small jump he does at the beginning of the spindash. Can anyone do a comparison on his side b attack?

His side b spin dash is much faster too especially the small jump he does at the beginning of the spindash. Can anyone do a comparison on his side b attack?

The Side B slows down faster...and the Down B has a faster start and doesn't slow down.

I seriously doubt Sonic's "Down B" was of any use as a recovery move...even slightly, Not without being used in complete succession with another "special"

There's an advanced tech from Down B called the spinshot where if you cancel the startup with a jump it rockets you very far.  I mained Sonic for quite a while in Brawl before I moved to Project M so I know of a fair few of his advanced techs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXWmnwphyk

So as I said, all four of his specials can be used for recovery.