Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

There's an advanced tech from Down B called the spinshot where if you cancel the startup with a jump it rockets you very far.  I mained Sonic for quite a while in Brawl before I moved to Project M so I know of a fair few of his advanced techs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXWmnwphyk

So as I said, all four of his specials can be used for recovery.

I know that...I did the move all the time, but I forgot about that and "advanced techniques"...it just never came time for me to realize.

By the way you guys, again on the topic of K.Rool's feasibility, this isnt a pokemon scenario, where a couple hundred of new characters are introduced every game and almost all of them show up in the next, and a large number of them gain popularity quickly. If Dk's roster of characters did get expanded to 4, and they added a villian, which sounds more likely, the iconic long time recurring villian, who hasnt been seen for a couple of years, or one of two one-off, unlikely to ever appear in the series again villians, who have very little popularity or lasting appeal, not to mention overly bombastic personality?

So ya, thats why I think that, if DK gets a villian rep, its going to be K.Rool, but then again, who knows wheter or not he will get one, but its not impossible either, and every adventuring francise with 3 or more reps does have a villian(Bowser, Ganondorf, and yes Wolf counts as well), and villians are always a welcome addition

By the way you guys, again on the topic of K.Rool's feasibility, this isnt a pokemon scenario, where a couple hundred of new characters are introduced every game and almost all of them show up in the next, and a large number of them gain popularity quickly. If Dk's roster of characters did get expanded to 4, and they added a villian, which sounds more likely, the iconic long time recurring villian, who hasnt been seen for a couple of years, or one of two one-off, unlikely to ever appear in the series again villians, who have very little popularity or lasting appeal, not to mention overly bombastic personality?

So ya, thats why I think that, if DK gets a villian rep, its going to be K.Rool, but then again, who knows wheter or not he will get one, but its not impossible either, and every adventuring francise with 3 or more reps does have a villian(Bowser, Ganondorf, and yes Wolf counts as well), and villians are always a welcome addition

Wolf is a villain, although its arguable he's more of an anti-villain. Wolf generally fights against Fox for the enemies. He's also the only real choice they could do for adding a Star Fox villain that wouldn't be a one-off; Andross wouldn't be possible due to the way he fights. At least Ridley has a whole body, Andross is just a floating space head.

EDIT: But yeah, if DK gets a third rep (which I'm 90% sure will happen), K. Rool is quite likely (less of a chance than Dixie, but still possible). It DK gets a fourth rep, K. Rool is going to be one of the new reps, no doubt about it.

I'd still have doubt's. If DK gets a 4th rep it probably be cranky and Dixie coming in.

I actualy highly doubt that, Sakurai is usualy against that sorta francise saturation, I mean Mario only has 3 human hero reps, then a villian, same with LoZ(with the exception of toon/young link, however they are clones and versions of the main character), and add to that he generaly adds characters for moveset diversity(not that there isnt, but honestly he could do a lot more with K.Rool than Dixie, or Cranky).

So ya again, the fourth rep would most likely be a villian of a different species rather than just another kong, not that he couldnt do anything with another kong, but that would be way too much saturation

I'd still have doubt's. If DK gets a 4th rep it probably be cranky and Dixie coming in.

Sorry I don't think Cranky would ever get in. He's been playable in ONE DK platforming game to date, and other than that only spinoff party games. K. Rool has been playable more than Cranky and I think even Funky Kong would be playable in Smash before Cranky ever would (not that I think Funky would make it either).

Cranky's charm, really, is in him not being playable. I'm actually kinda happy and disappointed that he's playable in Tropical Freeze all at the same time.

That means greninja was a special case since he's been in ONE game, obviously because X and Y is when he made his first appearance. But that doesn't mean cranky doesn't have a shot just because he was only playable in one game.

Im not sure how popular greninja was because I've never seen anyone suggest him for smash. I only know him because one day I decided to look at all Pokemon in x and y.

And then greninja is here, playable. I know its possible for king k and I wouldn't mind him joining but I see cranky Kong having more of a chance. Unless they got another character coming after Dixie because I think Dixie is over both of them. But ya never know.

That means greninja was a special case since he's been in ONE game, obviously because X and Y is when he made his first appearance. But that doesn't mean cranky doesn't have a shot just because he was only playable in one game.

Im not sure how popular greninja was because I've never seen anyone suggest him for smash. I only know him because one day I decided to look at all Pokemon in x and y.

And then greninja is here, playable. I know its possible for king k and I wouldn't mind him joining but I see cranky Kong having more of a chance. Unless they got another character coming after Dixie because I think Dixie is over both of them. But ya never know.

Sigh, dude the problem with your logic is that Pokemon reps work on different rules than most reps, because A) they usualy choose to have a rep from the current generation, and it tends to be one of the most popular, at the time of Brawl, that was Lucario, now its Greninja, and honestly from what I have heard there is no one more qualified from this gen, a unique moveset was a great bonus B) popularity, thats why Picachu got in in the first place

Cranky has some popularity, but otherwise he's just another kong, and compared to the variety of other possible DK reps, especialy a villian one, he just doesnt make the cut, and honestly he would make a MUCH better assist trophy than he would playable character

also using a single newcomer as an arguement generaly isnt a good arguement, using several newcomers, or common trends from each game is, and like I pointed out, every francise that has has 3-4 characters(THAT ISNT POKEMON) has a villian, or at least an Anti-hero in the case of wolf, but he was the best option in that case, and the fact that Kremlings are showing up for the first time in 6 years is also a good hint that K.Rool is going to show up in one way or another

• Thumbs Up 2

You're comparing apples and oranges here. The circumstances aren't the same at all. First of all, due to the timing, Tropical Freeze isn't likely to have an influence on Smash at all. Its possible we'll get a Tropical Freeze stage, but its literally brand new and its questionable as of yet if we'll get a Tropical Freeze stage or not (Returns is just as likely).

Second of all, you're comparing Greninja, a very new Pokemon character, to characters that have been in the DK series since the original DKC trilogy. Dixie did come after Cranky and K. Rool, but she's the third-most important character in the series as a whole and is extremely popular. Not saying Cranky isn't, but Dixie is definitely the third choice.

Pokemon is also a completely different ball game. Yeah, no one expected Greninja. At the same time, pretty much everyone knew we'd get a new Pokemon character. The logical step is to pick a character from the latest game. There's no comparison because the DK series doesn't really add new characters very often, and especially returning characters. There's only a handful of major returning DK characters.

I guess I shouldn't have said Cranky is less likely than Funky, that's probably a bit excessive. I suppose he has a slight chance. But despite K. Rool being old the fact that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the Kremlings means something. I say for sure we're getting K. Rool at least as a boss, if not playable at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

......erks that's how lucario got in brawl because he was new at the time?oops.

Well that's it for me, I got nothing. You guys gave out good points.

Note to self: never argue about a franchise I barely know of. Lol

I guess its hard to see since I've played more DK and never played Pokemon. Well not counting that one game. Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky.

Next time I'll get you guys lol.

......erks that's how lucario got in brawl because he was new at the time?oops.

Well that's it for me, I got nothing. You guys gave out good points.

Note to self: never argue about a franchise I barely know of. Lol

I guess its hard to see since I've played more DK and never played Pokemon. Well not counting that one game. Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky.

Next time I'll get you guys lol.

I mean ever wonder how Jigglypuff got into Smash64? thats why, she was uber popular at the time, Meowth almost made it in as well, or so the story goes

I mean ever wonder how Jigglypuff got into Smash64? thats why, she was uber popular at the time, Meowth almost made it in as well, or so the story goes

Looking back at it, it would obvious jigglypuff going in. I watched first season of Pokemon when I was young and jigglypuff was just freaking adorable.

Sorry I don't think Cranky would ever get in. He's been playable in ONE DK platforming game to date, and other than that only spinoff party games. K. Rool has been playable more than Cranky and I think even Funky Kong would be playable in Smash before Cranky ever would (not that I think Funky would make it either).

Cranky's charm, really, is in him not being playable. I'm actually kinda happy and disappointed that he's playable in Tropical Freeze all at the same time.

Alright, here's the thing. Whoever gets into Smash is based on what Sakurai wants in. It doesn't matter how many times they've been playable (see: Ms. Fit, R.O.B.), it doesn't matter what role the character has (see: Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Pichu). All that matters is that if Sakurai wants them in, they're in. The team can make a moveset out of anything, and if it happens to agree with the fans then so be it. Outside of legal hassle and Sakurai's integrity as a game designer, there's no real barrier into getting a character into Smash. Cranky can be just as charming on stage as he is off, because that charmies in the skill of his handlers, not just one of his facets as a character. Smash isn't afraid to think outside the box about its characters, and it would be best for all of us to consider that same attitude to this bevy of beloved faces.

What I'm trying to say is that if I can't complain about Pac-Man, then none of you can complain about this >:U

Alright, here's the thing. Whoever gets into Smash is based on what Sakurai wants in. It doesn't matter how many times they've been playable (see: Ms. Fit, R.O.B.), it doesn't matter what role the character has (see: Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Pichu). All that matters is that if Sakurai wants them in, they're in. The team can make a moveset out of anything, and if it happens to agree with the fans then so be it. Outside of legal hassle and Sakurai's integrity as a game designer, there's no real barrier into getting a character into Smash. Cranky can be just as charming on stage as he is off, because that charmies in the skill of his handlers, not just one of his facets as a character. Smash isn't afraid to think outside the box about its characters, and it would be best for all of us to consider that same attitude to this bevy of beloved faces.

What I'm trying to say is that if I can't complain about Pac-Man, then none of you can complain about this >:U

Actualy,this is kinda what we are trying to say, is that K.Rool has just as much, if not potentialy more of a chance of getting in as Cranky, but ya, there is no point in going further 

I don't see why you can't complain about Pac-Man. I don't like the idea of Pac-Man getting in either.

Yeah, Sakurai can pick whoever he wants. We don't know who's in at this point. Its all speculation. Cranky could get in. Its just that, based on what we know about the series, he doesn't seem to be a very likely choice. Especially compared to K. Rool.

Either way I'm done anyway. Still anticipating Ike to be announced either this week or next week despite the fact that almost everyone else expects Ike to be replaced.

Actualy,this is kinda what we are trying to say, is that K.Rool has just as much, if not potentialy more of a chance of getting in as Cranky, but ya, there is no point in going further

What I'm trying to say is that it's no use trying to guess the odds of X or Y at this point because where we see black and white Sakurai sees blue and orange. We'd need to devote a new field of study to the task of forecasting Smash Bros. just to get half-accurate.

Thanks to his many alter-egos, K. Rool sounds more in line like a constant boss character in whatever new DK stage we get. Act as the Kaptain first off, then switch over to the scientist persona, then go back to King, then repeat.

Wily's Castle has the Yellow Devil, Pyrosphere has Ridley. K. Rool could be one of many game antagonists who have a consistent presence in the new stages, without being stuck with the "Stage Hazard" title.

Thanks to his many alter-egos, K. Rool sounds more in line like a constant boss character in whatever new DK stage we get. Act as the Kaptain first off, then switch over to the scientist persona, then go back to King, then repeat.

Wily's Castle has the Yellow Devil, Pyrosphere has Ridley. K. Rool could be one of many game antagonists who have a consistent presence in the new stages, without being stuck with the "Stage Hazard" title.

Personally I do think K. Rool is more likely to get this kind of role and Dixie will be the only new playable character, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of him being playable.

Personally wouldn't be much of a big fan of dixie, not saying that she would be a clone or anything but if we have to get more DK reps, a female diddy is kind of the last thing I'd want to see from it. That said, I wouldn't mind the inclusion much but it would be the only one so far that wouldn't get me excited at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally wouldn't be much of a big fan of dixie, not saying that she would be a clone or anything but if we have to get more DK reps, a female diddy is kind of the last thing I'd want to see from it. That said, I wouldn't mind the inclusion much but it would be the only one so far that wouldn't get me excited at this point.

Dixie may look similar to Diddy, but she'd have an entirely original moveset. Dixie plays completely different from Diddy Kong other than the bare basic moves, but every DK character plays that way in the original games. Dixie's moveset could largely revolve around her hair, with hair twirls, her hair jump from Tropical Freeze, and perhaps even her glide from the original game.

Other traits are unique to Dixie, as well. Dixie is very often seen blowing bubble gum, a common thing she does that other DK characters do not. They even incorporated this by giving her a gum shooter in Tropical Freeze. She also has her guitar she could play and incorporate that into an attack somehow.

Diddy has become very unique in his own right when he was given a jetpack way back in DK64. Dixie was already fairly unique when she first appeared, and Diddy became even more unique when he got his jetpack. Unless Sakurai screws it up, there's no way Dixie would even remotely play identical to Diddy, she's got more than enough unique moves.

That said I'd still prefer K. Rool ever so slightly.

Dixie may look similar to Diddy, but she'd have an entirely original moveset. Dixie plays completely different from Diddy Kong other than the bare basic moves, but every DK character plays that way in the original games. Dixie's moveset could largely revolve around her hair, with hair twirls, her hair jump from Tropical Freeze, and perhaps even her glide from the original game.

Other traits are unique to Dixie, as well. Dixie is very often seen blowing bubble gum, a common thing she does that other DK characters do not. They even incorporated this by giving her a gum shooter in Tropical Freeze. She also has her guitar she could play and incorporate that into an attack somehow.

Diddy has become very unique in his own right when he was given a jetpack way back in DK64. Dixie was already fairly unique when she first appeared, and Diddy became even more unique when he got his jetpack. Unless Sakurai screws it up, there's no way Dixie would even remotely play identical to Diddy, she's got more than enough unique moves.

That said I'd still prefer K. Rool ever so slightly.

Oh yeah, I know her moveset potential, its just that for me she isn't really a character I care for much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, I know her moveset potential, its just that for me she isn't really a character I care for much.

Its just that you called her a "female Diddy." It wasn't about moveset potential, its the idea that Dixie is nothing more than a "female Diddy," which she is very far from being.

Its just that you called her a "female Diddy." It wasn't about moveset potential, its the idea that Dixie is nothing more than a "female Diddy," which she is very far from being.

Was looking more at the aesthetic side really, but I do see your point.