Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Gosh WFT in that pic.

jFMXh9Y.png

That's some Exorcist shit right there...

I better call my priest before buying this.

Gosh WFT in that pic.

jFMXh9Y.png

That's some Exorcist shit right there...

I bet one of her special is puking pea soup on the opponents.

I'd be cool with Peach's Final Smash being something original that still makes sense based on her character. But as for already existing material, the finishing move against Bowser in Paper Mario 64 is the only canon-ish thing I can think of that I'd want to see as her FS.

I mostly blame Smash Flash 2 for that, mind you.

Mega Man's Final Smash is so fucking stupid. How could you make a move designed around "Mega Man's famous co-stars" and not include the most important Mega Mans?

captian+n+megaman+green+ugly.jpg

SFxTMegaMan.jpg

Fuck you, Sakurai

Ugh, there's so much wrong with this that it's not even funny.

It's Mega Men.

Get it right!

• Thumbs Up 1

Back on the subject of Smash 3DS FD, considering the general theme of both games seems to be fire and ice, or a yin yang type of contrast thing, I don't see why 3DS would abandon that theme just for nostalgia. FD this time around is (from what we've seen) what encompasses the theme this game seems to be going for. Sure it doesn't have to be exactly like HD FD, but something that has similar themes of clashing elements, epic background transitions,etc. would be great. (and to be honest the most realistic imo.)

And if people want it so bad, there's always the possibility that it is a retro stage.

More Smash Run with Tac for today's update:

2po5o4g.jpg

Pic of the day. Tac (on the left) steals your charged power. If you've charged up a lot, he might steal a ton of it. Chase after him quickly to get it back!!

I'm not really all that excited for Smash Bros. It's not that it looks bad, it's just that I have so much on my plate this year with Sonic Boom, PS4, and Arkham Knight (not to mention various LEGO sets) that it's kind of slipped under my radar. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas though, at the end of the day it's a game I can play online with friends. May as well put my GC to Wii U adapter to good use too.

Sonic will probably end up being my main.

I wish the Wii U version had a more dynamic lighting engine. As it is it looks a bit bland to me, visually. Too similar to Brawl, imo, and kind of a downgrade from Mario Kart 8's look. I expect that's because of the choice to go 1080p/60fps though, and I definitely appreciate that. I'll take a crisper resolution as a priority and I'm very happy they did it, even if I am a bit disappointed.

Ah well. Game looks *good enough regardless.

Edit - okay after looking at screen's I'ma change that to "good enough" and also note that I hate how sexualized Samus is

Yeah, I honestly do wish the lighting used in the Galaxy stage was a option to use for the entire game, as they look amazing on that stage. Everyone pops out and is vibrant and colorful. (not that they weren't before, just moreso there.)

dmdtoco.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I need to get this game. I hope it has classic controller support do I can use my GC controller.

• Thumbs Up 3

So latest Pic of the Day confirms that both versions will have mostly the same Assist Trophies:

post-199-0-13642600-1397808460_thumb.jpg

Pic of the day. The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokémon. Just roughly…

Also confirmed that Assist Trophies do NOT have borders, so if the Palutena "leak" isn't just an amazing fake she's not an Assist Trophy, she's playable.

You know, if anything really needed different things between versions, it would be Assist Trophies and Pokemon. That could add a lot of variety, but I guess that's not going to happen.

You know, if anything really needed different things between versions, it would be Assist Trophies and Pokemon. That could add a lot of variety, but I guess that's not going to happen.

That's what the different stages are for. And the different modes... And the different art style...