Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

"Roughly"?  I'm not really sure how to interpret that.  Maybe they'll be the same characters, but might sometimes do different things based on comparative hardware ability?

It would mean that most of the Assist Trophies will be the same(Not action related), there will likely be exclusives.

Y'know, I'm wondering if maybe we'll get X exclusive Pokemon in the Wii U version and Y exclusives in the 3ds version.

We did see Xerneas in the Wii U footage but no sign of Yveltal... This might also mean that we'll get Charizard's Y mega evolution in the 3ds version! ohmy.png

For one thing, Sakurai has stated about 5 times now, the character roster will be the same for both versions. That probably includes characters transformations like Mega Charizard X. It'd make no sense for one character to get different moves/transformations on only one version of the games.

Stuff like assist trophies are so rare to see them all on a regular basis that I wouldn't want too many exclusives personally.  Maybe just one or two if they're characters unrelated to the playable cast with a strong relationship to console or portable games exclusively.

I been wondering, What if palkia and Skull kid are opened up together at the same time? would one cancel the other, or would one flip the screen and then the other flips the screen to normal?

I hope we get the ability to turn off individual assist trophies and pokémon this time (with no control over rares like Mew and Celebi etc of course - if you turn off all non-rare Pokémon it turns off the Pokéball in general).

I really don't want any screen-wrecking pokémon/trophies showing up such as Palkia and Skull Kid or the Nintendog when I'm playing alone against bots, unless they program some "fake" way to make it affect them this time.

I hope we get the ability to turn off individual assist trophies and pokémon this time (with no control over rares like Mew and Celebi etc of course - if you turn off all non-rare Pokémon it turns off the Pokéball in general).

I really don't want any screen-wrecking pokémon/trophies showing up such as Palkia and Skull Kid or the Nintendog when I'm playing alone against bots, unless they program some "fake" way to make it affect them this time.

Agreed. We can turn off individual items, we should be able to change Pokemon and Assist Trophies to remove the annoying ones. And agreed, if you turn off every Pokemon but Mew and Celebi the Pokeball should be disabled because that'd be cheating. If only one non-rare shows up, they should show up about 99% of the time.

Oh, anyone think we should have rare Assist Trophies as well?

Actually in brawl, shadow seemed rare to me. I only remember getting him like 3 times in the past......5 years.

Most of the really weird ones in Brawl were rare.  Resetti for example.

I don't recall Shadow being a rare one for me so that may have just been bad luck Eternal EX.  There are certainly tiers to it though.  Out of "shows up all the time", "shows up now and then" and "hardly ever shows up", Shadow certainly seemed to be in the second category for me.    Stuff like Waluigi, Excitebike and Advance Wars were in the first category.

For one thing, Sakurai has stated about 5 times now, the character roster will be the same for both versions. That probably includes characters transformations like Mega Charizard X. It'd make no sense for one character to get different moves/transformations on only one version of the games.

Well it probably wouldn't be a "different" transformation, I was thinking that it's just a reskin of X.

I dunno, I'm just saying that it would be pretty neat.

I wouldn't consider enabling specific Pokémon "cheating" any more than enabling only Starmen or Golden Hammers or heart containers. It just seems arbitrary to limit the extent to which you can customize the game when there's no good reason for it.

I wouldn't consider enabling specific Pokémon "cheating" any more than enabling only Starmen or Golden Hammers or heart containers. It just seems arbitrary to limit the extent to which you can customize the game when there's no good reason for it.

Because Mew, Celebi and Jirachi give you items that affect things outside of the current match (CDs, Stickers & Trophies to be specific).

I guess you could make it so Pokémon and Assist Trophy switches are an unlockable feature that only become avaliable once you have witnessed every single one.

Either that or make it so you can only CHOOSE between ones you've seen to turn them on/off, when the item is used, it chooses the character randomly as usual - if it hits one you have turned on, okay.  If it hits one you've never had before, happy day.

If it hits one you've turned off - it the algorithm or whatever randomly chooses from the ones you DO have on.

This way turning off all but one of the ones you have seen wouldn't automatically seeing more new ones.

I.e. if you only haven't seen Mew, and turn off everything but Goldeen, the game doesn't choose between Mew and Goldeen.  It chooses from everyone as standard, and if it gets someone who is turned off, it automatically chooses a new one from Goldeen, Goldeen or Goldeen.  Odds of getting Mew are not increased.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Mew, Celebi and Jirachi give you items that affect things outside of the current match (CDs, Stickers & Trophies to be specific).

Then just relegate them to Master Balls and leave out the option to toggle the ratio between them and ordinary Poke Balls. Problem solved.

Mega Man's Final Smash is so fucking stupid. How could you make a move designed around "Mega Man's famous co-stars" and not include the most important Mega Mans?

captian+n+megaman+green+ugly.jpg

SFxTMegaMan.jpg

Fuck you, Sakurai

Hm...adding "Famous" seems a bit too far for the co-stars sakurai: Only X and Volnutt seem memorable characters. WHERE'S MY BOX ART MEGAMAN?! My SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT (MEGAMAN!)? My, My....Oh forget it. They aren't that famous.

Then just relegate them to Master Balls and leave out the option to toggle the ratio between them and ordinary Poke Balls. Problem solved.

Master Balls aren't the only times Legendaries can appear. Only Legendaries appear in Master Balls, but they can appear in regular balls as well. It would be far more annoying if only rare Pokemon appear in Master Balls, especially since all other Pokemon appear in normal balls and Master Balls are presumably even rarer than regular ones. Rare Pokemon are rare enough, but if you restrict them to a rare type of Pokeball that'd make things even worse, really...

I don't see how that's much of a benefit.

Anyone remember the event in Melee where you were supposed to use Poke-balls that only spawned legendaries to KO a bunch of Wireframe fighters and a Jigglypuff?

I really hope that, like in that event, a Wobbufett would be in the line-up of Pokemon to be in a Master Ball.

• Thumbs Up 2

> ZSS Smash 4 design

> downgrade

Have you seen her Brawl design? Just awful. Samus actually looks like a proper human being here, face-wise. And the rocket boots are an ingenious idea, and actually makes the high heels springy and practical, like Chell's Long Fall Boots from Portal.

• Thumbs Up 2

> ZSS Smash 4 design

> downgrade

Have you seen her Brawl design? Just awful. Samus actually looks like a proper human being here, face-wise. And the rocket boots are an ingenious idea, and actually makes the high heels springy and practical, like Chell's Long Fall Boots from Portal.

Couldn't agree more tongue.png Although I did like Brawl's model. But yeah, this is definitely an upgrade and the boots actually make sense.

Honestly, people bringing up ZS Samus so much made me think a bit on it. (as pulled from my tumblr post..)

I don’t have a problem with Samus being the way she is too much, or even the heels part, but I guess it just kinda sucks that she suddenly looks like a barbie doll in proportions. Like, she can have feminine traits and curve to her without looking ridiculous. She’s suddenly in mascara making really exaggerated stretch and twisty poses that emphasize da butt and bobbys.

Now I know she’s supposed to be more flexible outside of the suit, and there’s nothing wrong with Samus or any female character being that way, but you imagine all that and the heels would be suited for a character like Bayonetta, where she embraces and thrives off her sultry-based physique and movements. But Samus, (even while occasionally being given fanservice clothing by silly Nintendo employees), tended to look relatively normal by human body standards, and move in a way that didn’t try to accentuate her femininity in an overexaggerated manner.

That was sort of the appeal to her, I thought. You can’t tell if she’s male or female until you got her out of the armor, and even then while she was obviously female her body language wasn’t stereotypically sexualized.

And like said, it’s not like saying her being this way is wrong because it’s unacceptable, but because it just doesn’t seem to fit the character it’s given to. Like said, she seems to move and have proportions very similar to Bayonetta in this game, and while for Bayonetta it’s an endearing quirk and unique trait to her, it’s just came out of left field for Samus after she’s been treated in such a different way before.

Idk. It doesn’t bother me to any big extent, but it does make me wonder why she was changed this way. Maybe Other M has a lot to do with that problem, since that seems to be where they’re picking heavily from this time.

• Thumbs Up 7

Anyone else thinkin Pictochat will be a returning stage for 3DS? I mean, it makes a lot of sense.

The DS is no longer being focused on by Nintendo and others, so it's very unlikely. Still, it would fit for the 3DS version.