Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

A looping stage sounds like hilarious fun.  I won't be able to resist always hitting people off to the side rather than upwards/downwards just to see how many laps I can make them fly around before I'm just hitting them too hard to not be sent above the upper threshold.  =D

Actually adding onto this it would be cool to try to combo hard hitting attacks that hit horizontally into hard hitting attacks that hit vertically.  For example, comboing a Mario FSmash at high %, having your foe get hit across the screen and back to you only to follow up with a USmash.  This stage looks wacky.

hmm, I wonder, how would a stage like this fare for competitive play? Considering there are no walk offs...but then again you can't KO by getting them to the bottom blast line...unless there is one under the water

hmm, I wonder, how would a stage like this fare for competitive play? Considering there are no walk offs...but then again you can't KO by getting them to the bottom blast line...unless there is one under the water

There's always one under the Water, that's what spikes and meteor smashes are for...and drowning, I guess.

Ahh ok, I did wonder if there was one under levels like Great Sea, ive never tried to spike or meteor smash on those sorta levels. SO maybe this would actually work as a competetive stage...if the enemies werent on the stage.

Also makes me wonder if the Mario Galaxy stage is similar?

Nonexistent blastzones on the sides means a unique form of circle camping. Nothing Donkey Kong can do to catch up to Little Mac or Sonic if they get a stock lead or sizable percent lead and decide to haul ass for the remainder of the match.

Balloon Fight would be interesting for Doubles play, but those Flippers are gonna make the stage pretty cramped. And we dunno how the fish works yet.

Nonexistent blastzones on the sides means a unique form of circle camping. Nothing Donkey Kong can do to catch up to Little Mac or Sonic if they get a stock lead or sizable percent lead and decide to haul ass for the remainder of the match.

Balloon Fight would be interesting for Doubles play, but those Flippers are gonna make the stage pretty cramped. And we dunno how the fish works yet.

I'd assume the fish would be a spawn of Satan similar to how it worked in Icicle Mountain.

I think this stage should at least be considered. While it does remove horizontal kills, camping isn't necessarily a problem since you can just get to the other side by walking to the other direction. The fish doesn't look like a big issue at all either. 

There's also the problems with the platforms being, "caves of life." But I think that could be remedied  with a good juggle game.

You know, I know this is really unlikely, but I still would love to see this happen. 

Since 3DS and Wii U will have MOST but not all similar Assist Trophies, I would love to see Neku from TWEWY be a 3DS exclusive AT. Yeah, yeah, people are tired of 3rd parties being suggestions, but TWEWY is a popular series that is mainly associated with DS hardware (and to a extent 3DS thanks to KH3D). I think it'd be awesome to see, I've always loved the idea of TWEWY somehow being used for SSB, despite not being Nintendo owned.

Don't know what 3rd party character Wii U could get for a AT though... Bayonetta perhaps?(Or is that series now a Nintendo Property?) 

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I know this is really unlikely, but I still would love to see this happen. 

Since 3DS and Wii U will have MOST but not all similar Assist Trophies, I would love to see Neku from TWEWY be a 3DS exclusive AT. Yeah, yeah, people are tired of 3rd parties being suggestions, but TWEWY is a popular series that is mainly associated with DS hardware (and to a extent 3DS thanks to KH3D). I think it'd be awesome to see, I've always loved the idea of TWEWY somehow being used for SSB, despite not being Nintendo owned.

Don't know what 3rd party character Wii U could get for a AT though... Bayonetta perhaps?(Or is that series now a Nintendo Property?) 

I think Professor Layton for a 3DS third-party AT would be more likely to be honest.

I think Professor Layton for a 3DS third-party AT would be more likely to be honest.

It was actually a tie between him and Layton tbh for me, but I like Neku more than him so I went with him lol. 

Though Layton's entire series has only appeared on Nintendo handhelds to my knowledge, so there' no doubt he'd be much more likely. I wouldn't mind either one though.

It was actually a tie between him and Layton tbh for me, but I like Neku more than him so I went with him lol. 

Though Layton's entire series has only appeared on Nintendo handhelds to my knowledge, so there' no doubt he'd be much more likely. I wouldn't mind either one though.

Yeah, it would be nice if nintendo could get squares permission on using certain characters for this game, heck it could even finally give the fans geno (as an assist trophy).

Yeah, it would be nice if nintendo could get squares permission on using certain characters for this game, heck it could even finally give the fans geno (as an assist trophy).

I like the note of "Geno (as an Assist Trophy)". That would be the biggest troll ever.

But honestly I don't think any third-parties would be Assist only. I think if they go through the effort of bringing in a third-party character, they'll be playable. The exception may be Namco, since they are helping with the game and that would lead credence to them getting more references than just a playable character.

I'm just gonna ask: Does any one else but me think Rosalina's FS looks bad? Well not horrible I guess but...underwhelming and weak. It looks easily avoidable and from the look of it would give players a easier chance to attack Rosalina if they time their dodges right.

I just think they could have done much more for her FS than just a Grand Star that shoots little stars out. It's a nice reference, but a poor attack IMO.

I'm just gonna ask: Does any one else but me think Rosalina's FS looks bad? Well not horrible I guess but...underwhelming and weak. It looks easily avoidable and from the look of it would give players a easier chance to attack Rosalina if they time their dodges right.

I just think they could have done much more for her FS than just a Grand Star that shoots little stars out. It's a nice reference, but a poor attack IMO.

I don't know, it looks to me like the stars it shoots might be too random to be dodged reliably.  It also seems like you regain control of Rosalina while the Star's in play, so she shouldn't actually be any more vulnerable than she normally would be.

It's clearly not designed to be a powerful finishing move, though.  It seems more like a hazard you create to mess up your opponents so you can potentially catch them off guard.

I think this stage should at least be considered. While it does remove horizontal kills, camping isn't necessarily a problem since you can just get to the other side by walking to the other direction. The fish doesn't look like a big issue at all either. 

There's also the problems with the platforms being, "caves of life." But I think that could be remedied  with a good juggle game.

But then faster characters can just stay by a corner of the stage and wait for the slower opponent to make a move. If the former chases, the latter can simply wraparound the stage and end on the other side. And if the chaser decides to keep chasing, the runner can keep going; conversely, if the chaser tries to intercept the runner by turning around and going the other way, there's nothing stopping the runner from immediately turning around, putting everything back to square one.

The stage seems to lack bubble-blast damage penalties, so the runner has every advantage to stick to the edge and wait and see what the other guy is going to do.

Doubles alleviates it somewhat because a gang-up scenario can happen in an instant, but theoretically there's nothing stopping it from going back to circle camping once the match turns into a 2v1 or 1v1. And the cramped nature of the stage makes it awkward to work with.

It's basically a faster version of Pit's Brawl Final Smash, Paultena's Army. And given that Rosalina can also attack out of the move with her puppet-master style attacks, she's not going to be vulnerable.

I think it's great that a Power Star finally makes an appearance in the Smash Bros. series. 4 Smash games since the concept of these things debuted in Smash 64 and we're just now getting it featured.

Projectile attacks like pits FS never really made things any more challenging for me, so if this is anything like that, I'll have no problem. Dodging is my specialty in SSB.:P

And when I mean vulnerable, I mean by the time your given control of Rosalina again, opponents may be already right there ready to attack you.

But then faster characters can just stay by a corner of the stage and wait for the slower opponent to make a move. If the latter chases, the former can simply wraparound the stage and end on the other side. And if the chaser decides to keep chasing, the runner can keep going; conversely, if the chaser tries to intercept the runner by turning around and going the other way, there's nothing stopping the runner from immediately turning around, putting everything back to square one.

The stage seems to lack bubble-blast damage penalties, so the runner has every advantage to stick to the edge and wait and see what the other guy is going to do.

Doubles alleviates it somewhat because a gang-up scenario can happen in an instant, but theoretically there's nothing stopping it from going back to circle camping once the match turns into a 2v1 or 1v1. And the cramped nature of the stage makes it awkward to work with.

Well you have a point, but to be fair, a 2v1 doubles pretty much is over by that point. XD

Final Smashes make the player invincible, so getting close to "that" player means nothing...it also has cool off time so it gives the player enough time to dodge or guard any attack another player tries to do.

Well either way, I still find the FS underwhelming and not that special in all honesty. I mean there are worse Final Smashes, but Rosalina's...eh. I don't see it being a massive threat.

Try telling that to Kirby. =V

That's Charizard's grab attack, isn't it? That would make this the first Smash game you can actually grab NPCs in, oddly enough.

Of course Charizard can't eat it. You need to fry it up first.

Waddle Dees taste terrible when raw.

...Is that a parasol?

Intimidating Nintendo villains floating daintily to safety confirmed?

Waddle Dees float down on Parasols as in their series.