Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Of course Charizard can't eat it. You need to fry it up first.

Waddle Dees taste terrible when raw.

Waddle Dees float down on Parasols as in their series.

The Waddle Dees float down on Parasols in this game as well. So it is very likely that Charizard grabbed Waddle Dee from the middle of the air.

Silly Charizard, Waddle Dees are for Kirbies!

Of course Charizard can't eat it. You need to fry it up first.

Waddle Dees taste terrible when raw.

Not necessarily.  Judging by Kirby's eating habits, I can only assume that everything in Dream Land is delicious until proven otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

But honestly I don't think any third-parties would be Assist only. I think if they go through the effort of bringing in a third-party character, they'll be playable.

Saki from Sin & Punishment is a 3rd party.  Sin & Punishment has only appeared on Nintendo consoles, but Treasure aren't owned by Nintendo in any capacity.  The game itself could've been a joint venture but I dunno for sure.

I'm pretty sure there are at least one or two other Nintendo exclusive but third party assist trophies whom I'm not familiar with in Brawl.

Saki from Sin & Punishment is a 3rd party.  Sin & Punishment has only appeared on Nintendo consoles, but Treasure aren't owned by Nintendo in any capacity.  The game itself could've been a joint venture but I dunno for sure.

I'm pretty sure there are at least one or two other Nintendo exclusive but third party assist trophies whom I'm not familiar with in Brawl.

Treasure aren't owned by Nintendo, but Nintendo did publish the games. Also, a company does not have to be owned by another company to still develop another company's IP. Taito owns all the rights to the Lufia franchise (which now belongs to Square Enix as they bought out Taito), but Natsume developed all of the games and were not owned by Taito in any way.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure The Wonderful 101 are also owned by Nintendo, the IP is anyway. Platinum Games made the game, but Nintendo owns the IP. Similarly, Sega owns the Bayonetta IP. They allowed Nintendo to publish Bayonetta 2, though.

I would assume Dr. Wright is in the same boat as Sami Saki then. IP owned by EA, but Dr. Wright was only in the SNES port of SimCity 2000.

I've gotta quit confusing the two characters. They even have different spellings so there's no excuse.

I would assume Dr. Wright is in the same boat as Sami then. IP owned by EA, but Dr. Wright was only in the SNES port of SimCity 2000.

Dr.Wright was created for the SNES version of Sim City and not Sim City 2000. As far as I know, he isn't tied to the copyrights revolving around the series as of late.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would assume Dr. Wright is in the same boat as Sami then. IP owned by EA, but Dr. Wright was only in the SNES port of SimCity 2000.

Are you referring to Saki? Sami is from Advance Wars, a series created by Intelligent Systems which is wholly owned by Nintendo. Advance Wars is a Nintendo IP, SimCity is an EA IP. I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns the rights to Dr. Wright himself, though.

No ones posted this yet so I figured I would. Pretty sweet if you ask me! He's gonna also be doing a few other songs from the direct. Any you hoping he recreates? I'm hoping he does that awesome Pikmin 2 World Map remix and the new version of the theme.

• Thumbs Up 2

Say, you guys I just thought of something, Know how we didnt see the Issac trophy return in the Smash Direct, and how that lends to him being playable? well know who else didnt show up? Ray 03! perhaps he does have a chance after all, I mean most of the other returning Brawl trophies were shown, so thats the most likely logic

Also

ilm2j7.jpg

Pic of the day. Don't eat him. You can't eat him.

Waddle Dees are NOT part of a balanced breakfast.

I Vill Suck Your Vlood

Say, you guys I just thought of something, Know how we didnt see the Issac trophy return in the Smash Direct, and how that lends to him being playable? well know who else didnt show up? Ray 03! perhaps he does have a chance after all, I mean all other returning Brawl trophies were shown, so thats the most likely logic

Also

I Vill Suck Your Vlood

Isaac's trophy not showing up doesn't mean he's playable, but that's what I'm hoping. They did bring back a TON of Assists and debunked a lot of good suggestions, but at the same time, they left out several. I'd honestly like to compare and see which ones were dropped just for a nice checklist.

I do know that Ray Mk II, Isaac, Tingle, and Infantry and Tanks for sure were absent (and of course let's not forget Little Mac), but I'm not sure who else was left out as well. Most returning Assist Trophies have been shown off already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isaac's trophy not showing up doesn't mean he's playable, but that's what I'm hoping. They did bring back a TON of Assists and debunked a lot of good suggestions, but at the same time, they left out several. I'd honestly like to compare and see which ones were dropped just for a nice checklist.

I do know that Ray Mk II, Isaac, Tingle, and Infantry and Tanks for sure were absent (and of course let's not forget Little Mac), but I'm not sure who else was left out as well. Most returning Assist Trophies have been shown off already.

Ya, I think is a hint in the same vein as the trophy quizes, also that Drill girl was missing too, wasnt she from a handheld only francise? perhaps she is a possibility as a handheld rep

It was Jill from Drill Dozer, a GBA hit from Game Freak, and one of their 2 non-pokemon games alongside Harmoknight, perhaps they pulled their leverage to get her as a GBA/female rep perhaps?

Ya, I think is a hint in the same vein as the trophy quizes, also that Drill girl was missing too, wasnt she from a handheld only francise? perhaps she is a possibility as a handheld rep

Yeah, here's the list I came up with:

We still have Barbara, Excitebikes, Gray Fox, Hammer Bro, Helirin, Infantry and Tanks, Isaac, Jeff, Jill, Kat and Ana, Lakitu, Mr. Resetti, Ray Mk. III, Tingle, and Shadow.

Going just based how many have yet to return, there's still plenty more left and hardly a reason to suggest any additional ones will be playable at this point.

Most of these can easily be written off, namely: Excitebikes, Gray Fox, Hammer Bro, Helirin, Infantry and Tanks, Lakitu, Mr. Resetti, and Shadow.

I included Gray Fox and Shadow because they mostlikely would not be playable due to being third-parties. I find Barbara, Jeff, Jill, and Kat and Ana highly unlikely but I'm not outright writing them off.

They would leave: Isaac, Ray Mk III, and Tingle being the remaining members that have the most potential of being added as playable. That said, considering the number of Assists yet to show, that doesn't mean any of them will be playable or have been "hinted" at being playable just based on not being shown off as an Assist yet.

I think Isaac is incredibly likely and Ray Mk III is possible, but I'm not sure. Tingle I think is highly likely even though I think he'd be a huge waste of a space and I hope he's not added (granted, Tingle being added wouldn't stop me from getting the game...)

I would say there is a chance that if we got An Advance wars rep, Tank and Infantry could have been integrated into that persons(hopefully Sami's) moveset. Jill has 3 things in her favor: GBA Hit(handheld rep), Female, and Game Freak leverage

Also I donth think sakurai would be dumb enough to put tingle into the game as a playable, he hasnt even shown up in the past 2 console games

I would say there is a chance that if we got An Advance wars rep, Tank and Infantry could have been integrated into that persons(hopefully Sami's) moveset. Jill has 3 things in her favor: GBA Hit(handheld rep), Female, and Game Freak leverage

Also I donth think sakurai would be dumb enough to put tingle into the game as a playable, he hasnt even shown up in the past 2 console games

Dunno... I do think Sami is the more likely Advance Wars choice due to her appearance, the fact that she specializes in Infantry, she'd be another female entry and she actually plays a fairly major role in Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Andy is only in Dual Strike as a secret unlockable, Sami actually plays a role in the plot. The only way I can see Infantry and Tanks getting represented in Sami's moveset is as a Final Smash, though.

wjvzeq.jpg

Pic of the day. Yoshi's Egg Throw now leaves a rainbow trail, and we've improved the pose Samus strikes when she fires the Paralyzer. Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can.

Small touches, but still nice.

Cool effect they added to yoshi's egg there and samus' stance definitely does look a lot more dynamic than before. I wonder what small little touches they made to sonic's attacks?

I'm guessing the Pic of the Day is just going to be them recapping things we saw in the direct for several months until E3. 

Pretty much. This whole week I keep forgetting about the pics, usually it would be the first thing to check when I wake up on my phone, now its just, meh, Funny pics are nice but the direct kinda just made me get tired of pic of the days. other than that, its still better than nothing. Sakurai kept us with pics for almost a whole year with these interesting pics and I wish some developers would do this for their games, like  Sonic boom and Mario kart 8. But it makes sense with Smash bros since we can take pictures during battle, But brawl was limited with the cameras and from pics he posted so far we can get up close with these characters and really far out of the battle screen to take pictures.

I'm guessing the Pic of the Day is just going to be them recapping things we saw in the direct for several months until E3. 

It's actually not as far as you think.  E3 is less than 2 months away!  June 10th-12th to be specific.

It's actually not as far as you think.  E3 is less than 2 months away!  June 10th-12th to be specific.

It's gonna feel like 4 months. :V

But yeah, you're right. I thought for a minute it might be in July. My memory is worthless haha.  

tumblr_n4j8nwx4Xq1qciorpo2_500.gif

lolimprovements

But really though, I'm so ready for E3. It's gonna be a daang good time.

Oh Jesus. That looks pretty bad. I think they forgot that high heels aren't actually part of a human's foot. 

Some of the other changes look a little goofy, too. Link's up-air is different now. He spreads his legs more and leans back. That sounded suggestive. 

tumblr_n4j8nwx4Xq1qciorpo2_500.gif

lolimprovements

Though to be fair a lot of characters in this Smash seem to be making some bone-breaking poses. Kind of strange.

On another note, I'm so ready for E3. It's gonna be a daang good time.

To be fair, Samus is flexible enough to roll up into a ball. These are hardly something that will hurt her in any way.