Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Mine will proably be zero, I dont often have a overly stable internet signal at my college to my wii-u, I cant even connect to the wii channel store right now

Mine will proably be zero, I dont often have a overly stable internet signal at my college to my wii-u, I cant even connect to the wii channel store right now

NU-UH, JERK! IM'A BEAT YOU TO ZERO FIRST! I WILL BE THE VERY WORST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!

• Thumbs Up 1

So Is Smash Power gonna be something linked between both versions? So if you have both you can raise it at home or on the go.

There will never be a "Number 1" with Global Smash Power; new people will join online every day, and there doesn't seem to be a statistic visible to us showing the total number of people on GSP. Your number is going to change at a moment's notice, literally.

It's honestly better that way.

Her movements also look like something I'd expect from Bayonetta. 

Bayonetta 2 being renamed to Metroid: The Other M 2 starring Samus confirmed.

tumblr_n4krwtwPQ01r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

Pic of the day. MegaMan.EXE! X! Mega Man! Mega Man Star Force! Mega Man Volnutt! The Mega Man legends, united.

Did they really have to say "Mega Man legends?"

• Thumbs Up 7

"Mega Man legends"? Mega Man Legends 3 confirmed!

The Final Smash looks real cool. Poor Xover guy didn't make it in xP

So Is Smash Power gonna be something linked between both versions? So if you have both you can raise it at home or on the go.

Probably. You can have your NNID on both consoles.

Smash Power is generated by everything in the game, right? Not just online, but how well you do in events and classic mode (assuming they return)?

MegaMan's Final Smash is still lost on me. I only know the playable MegaMan as MegaMan. The rest all just look like random peoples avatars I've seen across hundreds of message boards.

Still cool, but yeah.

MegaMan's Final Smash is still lost on me. I only know the playable MegaMan as MegaMan. The rest all just look like random peoples avatars I've seen across hundreds of message boards.

Still cool, but yeah.

I've played as three of the five showcased, but MegaMan.EXE only barely. My favorite Mega Man is probably X.

"Backstreet's back, ALRIGHT!"

Heheh, I love Megaman's FS. It's a nice tribute to the blue bomber's history (and something Capcom hasn't done for a long, LONG time) and it's just awesome! Hope this means we get some trophies in the game of each version of Megaman too.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm probably the only one with the very minor complaint over the lack of Model X/Z/A. But Mega Man's Final Smash is still really cool and a great throwback considering I've played as all of those "Mega Men" :L

Still cool, but yeah.

Its probably just the way the models look.

Its probably just the way the models look.

Whut?

No, it's the fact that I don't have an ounce of interest in MegaMan and so didn't even realise all those different characters were just different designs of him. Like, if it was any one of those other MegaMans that was playable in Smash I'd be saying "Who on Earth is this? That's not MegaMan!" .

Whut?

No, it's the fact that I don't have an ounce of interest in MegaMan and so didn't even realise all those different characters were just different designs of him. Like, if it was any one of those other MegaMans that was playable in Smash I'd be saying "Who on Earth is this? That's not MegaMan!" .

Wait, what? How did you go 20 years without ever even having heard of one of (if not the) most popular incarnations of the character? X is old, dude. He doesn't even look all that different.

Wait, what? How did you go 20 years without ever even having heard of one of (if not the) most popular incarnations of the character? X is old, dude. He doesn't even look all that different.

I'm exaggerating a bit here, cause that wasn't obvious. Assuming X is guy second from the left in the final smash, yeah he's clearly another MegMan design. The others though? Nope.

I'm exaggerating a bit here, cause that wasn't obvious. Assuming X is guy second from the left in the final smash, yeah he's clearly another MegMAN design. The others though? Nope.

They're all fairly well exposed, but Classic and X are by far the most popular.

• Thumbs Up 2

Exposed enough that I recognise them, but not as MegaMan. Like I say, I've just seen them around (often in avatars and sigs). Not that any of this matters. I'm no MegaMan fan, so neither his designs nor his appearance in Smash has anything to do with me.

Volnutt is the design most similar to the original if you ask me.

While I have played games starring all of them, the only one I've really gotten into were the Battle Networks games. I'm not good at the Classics or X and after I bought Legends as a kid, I moved to Germany a short time later and wasn't able to play it all too much before that. I've played a bit of Star Force, but I prefer the world and characters of Battle Network.

But X is literally the same design except taller, with a few extra details and added pieces of armor. It basically looks like the upgrade that it actually is. Volnutt, would be that too except without a helmet.

Regarding the "no-one wants to be 0" on the Global Smash Power thing, they could easily just have a minimum randomised 4 digit number or something.  But it probably won't be necessary, there's always gonna be a ton of people who only ever play for 5 minutes for some strange reason anyway.

Just look at, say, the global achievements stats for any of your favorite Steam games.  Only 70% of all the players on Steam who own Portal 2 played as far as the end of the Intro sequence on Single Player.  No, not the opening chambers that recap Portal 1's mechanics - only 30% of Portal 2 owners actually finished the actual intro sequence where you part ways with Wheatley to enter those chambers.

So yeah the moment you finish even one game you'll probably be well into the hundreds and thousands.

Regarding the "no-one wants to be 0" on the Global Smash Power thing, they could easily just have a minimum randomised 4 digit number or something.  But it probably won't be necessary, there's always gonna be a ton of people who only ever play for 5 minutes for some strange reason anyway.

Just look at, say, the global achievements stats for any of your favorite Steam games.  Only 70% of all the players on Steam who own Portal 2 played as far as the end of the Intro sequence on Single Player.  No, not the opening chambers that recap Portal 1's mechanics - only 30% of Portal 2 owners actually finished the actual intro sequence where you part ways with Wheatley to enter those chambers.

So yeah the moment you finish even one game you'll probably be well into the hundreds and thousands.

I really hope they don't implement something silly like the first "solution" you mentioned. It comes off as ridiculous pandering, in my opinion. If you don't like having a bad rank, then just... get good? The game's not there to be your nanny.

If you have the mentality to care about having a higher number you'd never see a low number anyways so it doesn't really hurt anyone.  I'd expect to see my number being 5 digits by a few hours into release day anyway considering how many people would own the game and have only had time to play a small amount by that time etc.

That would be IF they went by ranking you through the entire game and not just the Online mode, right?