Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I never played the game, but the guy has an awesome design. Such a shame he isn't playable.

Ah, dammit. Dillon was one of my most wanted newcomers. Deserves more of a place than Greninja, at any rate.

Uh, no, not really. Greninja is a popular Pokemon from the latest games in that series, whereas Dillon is a super recent small e-Shop exclusive series. I'd understand if Dillon had been a thing for longer than 2 years and had a retail game, but at this point in time he's still a kinda obscure.

• Thumbs Up 8

It's cool to see that Dillon's in in some form!  I really enjoyed the Dillon's Rolling Western games, and I hope this will earn them a little more exposure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, no, not really. Greninja is a popular Pokemon from the latest games in that series, whereas Dillon is a super recent small e-Shop exclusive series. I'd understand if Dillon had been a thing for longer than 2 years and had a retail game, but at this point in time he's still a kinda obscure.

Don't get me wrong, I like Greninja, I just don't believe he deserves to be playable. Appearing as a Pokeball? Fine. Show up, throw some water shurikens around, maybe use mat block to guard the person who called him. Not really playable material.

Dillon on the other hand is one of a few eShop champions that seem like they would have made for great representation- along with Mallow and the guy from Hana Samurai, specifically. The Denpa Men, too?

I agree he is comparatively a smaller entity than Greninja is, but honestly, not a single Pokemon from the last three generations felt like 'good' additions to the Smash roster to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dillon looks awesome in this game! Tis a shame he's just an assist trophy though, since could have been a great playable character.

Lol at Sonic's reaction.

Awww I wanted Dillion to be playable :( oh well

I was hoping to see Dillon in here in some way but like others have said it is a shame he isn't playable this time around.

... I almost spat out my soda when I saw the picture of Dillon standing next to Sonic. But then I saw that he's only an assist trophy and immediately felt a bit disappointed.

I'm really REALLY love the Dillon's Rolling Western series, and I consider it one of my favorite new Nintendo franchises. I think that Dillon would have made an excellent fighter in the game, even more so if they were to some how incorporate the tower gimmick in there.

But even though I'm disappointed, I'm not really upset about it. I've already have plenty other characters I'm eager to use, and just having him in there as an assist trophy makes me happy that he's more than just a collectable trophy. Glad to see him in there in some shape or form, but here's hoping that he doesn't become too obscure over the years and becomes a fighter next time. He's already a bit obscure as it is.

• Thumbs Up 4

ZgRbLWc.jpg

omgomgomgomgomog

Sakurai: 

Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling. This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there's no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge.

Fuck....Fuck

FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I got really excited there for a second, such a god damn shame that he isn't playable. Obscure or not, I would have loved maining as this guy ;c

• Thumbs Up 1

Pic of the day

no Metaknight4u

Sakurai: 

Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling. This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there's no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge.

CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDD! There goes the chance of one of the characters I wanted to be in being playable. Oh well.

Wow, there's a lot more excitement here for Dillon as a potential playable character than I expected.  Maybe Sakurai should've considered console-exclusive rosters after all.  At the very least, one hopes that Nintendo is taking notes regarding the character's popularity.

Meta Knight not being confirmed today means only one thing

Meta Knight has been updated so that he stands more upright

• Thumbs Up 5

Meta Knight not being confirmed today means only one thing

Meta Knight has been updated so that he stands more upright

He now has a body and legs so he can do this.

Wow, there's a lot more excitement here for Dillon as a potential playable character than I expected.

True.

Surprisingly I ran into A LOT of people today that were either disappointed to see him as an assist trophy or happy that he at least made it in as such. I mean more than I ever saw even talk about the series. When I popped in on the Smash boards, Neogaf, here and even Miiverse, I was expecting most people to go, "Who the heck is that?" or "Meh. I never played the games so whatever." than "Why isn't he playable?!" or "he looks cool!"

It's a little bittersweet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dillon is pretty awesome, and his game his pretty addicting too. I would have loved it he was playable, but I guess an assist is the perfect spot for him since his game is still pretty obscure. Hopefully his appearance here will boost his franchise's popularity.

• Thumbs Up 3

He now has a body and legs so he can do this.

Don't forget his brand-new jet boots and bigger...

... sword

When I popped in on the Smash boards, Neogaf, here and even Miiverse, I was expecting most people to go, "Who the heck is that?" or "Meh. I never played the games so whatever." than "Why isn't he playable?!" or "he looks cool!"

It's a little bittersweet.

They are not japanese (if you know what i mean).

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, say if the hint/rumors are true, and the trophies from the SSB Direct do indicate a character newcomer from each of the represented ones, and if one is a Zelda rep from SS, I know most think it would be Demise or the demon dude, but whos to say it couldn't be SS's version of Impa? not only is this version extremely unique in design, and from both sheik and her OoT version, but could have a rather different moveset, and be another Unique Female rep from a major francise, and one of the most recurring characters out of the trinity, appearing in almost every game since the original LOZ back on the NES

Fact is that if there is any character outside of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf deserving a spot, and unique enough to get a spot, its Impa, and her rather different design in SS also helps her chances

I just don't see there being enough to distinguish SS Impa from Sheik. Sheik already handles the basic Shiekah ninja stuff, and I don't remember Impa doing anything particularly notable that they could build a different fighting style out of.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just don't see there being enough to distinguish SS Impa from Sheik. Sheik already handles the basic Shiekah ninja stuff, and I don't remember Impa doing anything particularly notable that they could build a different fighting style out of.

Not entirely sure myself, but she does have a dozen different versions of herself, however the most recent in SS(although I've only had the first couple of encounters with her) is portrayed as a servant of the goddess, rather than just the straight bodyguard/nursemaid of previous versions, and we do have one area that this version could be used in that is extremely unused in Smash:

Magic User

while at base level she is similar to sheik, although with a different build, perhaps even lighter, make her attacks more varied and relying on tools as much as magic

or Sakurai could do another Captian Falcon move with her, and pull from all her forms using SS's as a base, then taking an influence from several of her designs across the several generations of LOZ she has been in

Not entirely sure myself, but she does have a dozen different versions of herself, however the most recent in SS(although I've only had the first couple of encounters with her) is portrayed as a servant of the goddess, rather than just the straight bodyguard/nursemaid of previous versions, and we do have one area that this version could be used in that is extremely unused in Smash:

Magic User

while at base level she is similar to sheik, although with a different build, perhaps even lighter, make her attacks more varied and relying on tools as much as magic

or Sakurai could do another Captian Falcon move with her, and pull from all her forms using SS's as a base, then taking an influence from several of her designs across the several generations of LOZ she has been in

I still say that Impa is the next-best choice, but Sheik's return does call that into question. If Impa was given a katana she could use a different form of ninja-like skills by revolving more around rapid flipping and swift attacks similar to what I had invisioned for Lyn, but its still highly questionable because they'd need to pull moves from things Impa has not done before (unless they draw from Impa's Hyrule Warriors fighting style assuming she's playable in it, which we don't know but would be highly likely).

I still don't really know. Right now I'm thinking we might not even get a new Zelda character, although I suppose it is still possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Assist trophy talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IRta_ieYTY

I just realized something though, what we did get robot master or an actual playable Megaman villainous rep as playable, who would be the most likely