Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I would say technically Shiek and Zero Suit Samus aren't new characters... Although if they really are taking up a slot on the roster, I'd be somewhat miffed. Cause c'mon, that's 2 places they could've had someone else in.

Either way! I'm guessing some more new characters will be bursting in on E3, along with showing off some vets.

That's... a horrible comparison. You're trying to argue the physics/gameplay of one franchise to another. Rings are just a replacement for health. Kremlings killed Donkey Kong in one hit in earlier games, too. Link has hearts in his early games, but Zelda enemies have been converted from dealing damage to health to dealing damage via knockback, like every single other enemy in the game.

No Smash Bros. enemies abide by the same rules as they appear in their original games, that doesn't stop them from appearing. And hell, Sonic doesn't lose all rings in every Sonic game, either, in some games he only loses some rings and in Sonic Chronicles everyone has their own health meters (same in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle), so the argument falls completely flat.

It may have been a joke (I really don't know honestly), but its still a horribly flawed comparison.

To add on, in MegaMan, spikes are the devil incarnate. In Smash? Spikes are about as harmful as a paper fan...Erm, maybe not a paper fan.

I would say technically Shiek and Zero Suit Samus aren't new characters... Although if they really are taking up a slot on the roster, I'd be somewhat miffed. Cause c'mon, that's 2 places they could've had someone else in.

Either way! I'm guessing some more new characters will be bursting in on E3, along with showing off some vets.

To be fair, even though they weren't visually taking up roster space they still took up two slots in brawl either way, same with the pokemon characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, even though they weren't visually taking up roster space they still took up two slots in brawl either way, same with the pokemon characters.

This exactly, having the characters switch into a different form with an entirely new moveset meant that each character individually counted as separate characters, even if they didn't take up a space on the roster.

Sheik and ZSS are separate characters now, they'll take up a separate space on the roster. But even then, in the past their inclusion STILL forced them to take time away from developing other characters. Its no different now than it was then. The only difference now is they're separate characters and are more distinct from the original versions (thought I still say Sheik should've been replaced by Impa and maybe have Sheik as an alt so fans could still play as Sheik).

Then again, it could be the opposite even now, and they just showed Sheik because Sheik's been in since Melee. Bleh. I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose all that is true. Ah well... whatever the case, I'm still hoping for some new comers!...

And I know it may be just me, but unless they're getting new games soon, please get a replacement for Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. I know it's just me, but I just... uuuuuuugh. They are fun to play, yes, but that spot could be someone more popular this day and age. Not just that 'Lol, this is in our history' thing.

I suppose all that is true. Ah well... whatever the case, I'm still hoping for some new comers!...

And I know it may be just me, but unless they're getting new games soon, please get a replacement for Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. I know it's just me, but I just... uuuuuuugh. They are fun to play, yes, but that spot could be someone more popular this day and age. Not just that 'Lol, this is in our history' thing.

Well of course we're getting additional Newcomers. Not sure how many at this point but we'll definitely get several more at least. Its likely that not all of them will be announced before the game is out, as well.

Remind me again where the new Mother or F-zero or Star Fox game is?

Remind me again where the new Mother or F-zero or Star Fox game is?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But at least they had more then one game. Honest, it's just... Ice Climbers. On the NES. Oh so long ago. I just, personally, see it as a waste of a space. For potentially someone else.

Though judging by the polar bear in one screenshot, my hopes of such are in vain. - 3- Unless they're demoted to Assist Trophy. . -.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But at least they had more then one game. Honest, it's just... Ice Climbers. On the NES. Oh so long ago. I just, personally, see it as a waste of a space. For potentially someone else.

Though judging by the polar bear in one screenshot, my hopes of such are in vain. - 3- Unless they're demoted to Assist Trophy. . -.

If they didn't have large fanbases that loved playing as them since melee, yeah I could understand them, in a way, being seen as waste.  But considering that isn't the case....yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except that's kind of one of the key points of Smash.  It's a celebration of Nintendo's history.  Neither Ice Climbers nor Game and Watch were popular or relevant even back in the Melee days when they were introduced into Smash, yet they represent old school IPs.  Not to mention they're still unique characters with their own niche.  Removing them doesn't really benefit anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Except that's kind of one of the key points of Smash.  It's a celebration of Nintendo's history.  Neither Ice Climbers nor Game and Watch were popular or relevant even back in the Melee days when they were introduced into Smash, yet they represent old school IPs.  Not to mention they're still unique characters with their own niche.  Removing them doesn't really benefit anything.

Oh yes, I know. They have very fun styles. I enjoy how they play...

I just dislike them visually. It's sort've like... I dunno. I just wish it was someone else I could play as. Not characters who aren't getting or haven't had a new game since after the NES.

Okay so after playing Kirby triple deluxe since the game was release, I have some suggestions for the music to be put in this game.

Not counting the obvious ones like green greens or King Dedede theme and Gourmet race, and other favourites. 

I'm not sure if they are a new or old but I never heard it before and I really like it.

Boss Battle theme - Attack!

http://youtu.be/Y9rdPAuOvsw

Like holy, Imagine what they can do with this song remixed and stuff? I can tell this music can be even more epic once it's remixed.

Final boss theme. Spoiler'd it just in case the title gives away the final boss. And plus this game is still new.

http://youtu.be/WSPyka_fcu4

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if music will be determined by console or shared. Like, for example, if Triple Deluxe remixed music will only be on the 3DS version, or if both versions will get songs from that game.

Aw crap, your right, and the 3ds stages are only getting two music pieces. Well they could still bring it onto the console version. 

Already got one of the songs that will be used for the Spirit Train stage.

I mean come on. lol

Gerudo Valley may have a song that is used in the Wii U version. Perhaps the Legend of Zelda Theme? That was one of the songs that was arranged we saw in the direct pic right? And then a non-remixed theme.( I mean my preferred pick was gonna be the Ballad of the Goddess remix, but that probably isn't likely.)

For reference, these are the Zelda songs we know are in

1.jpg

Oh, Saria's Song may be in the 3DS version actually!

Skyloft is going to have a remix of Saria's Song despite Gerudo Valley being a 3DS stage, so there is a precedent.

It's almost a given that Return to Dreamland will be the Kirby game of choice to take stage and musical cues from for the Wii U stage, as well as a few songs from the whole series proper, so Triple Deluxe music in Wii U is possible, but with an equal chance as every other game besides RtD.

If Triple Deluxe is the game of choice for the 3DS stage, then TD music will definitely be the primary track. Won't know what song it would be until we have confirmation of the stage itself though. But I'm wagering that it will be either Fine Field, Haunted Mansion, or a medley of TD tracks.

There's also still imo, a likely chance that Epic Yarn could also be the game of choice for the Wii U version, while songs from Return to Dreamland show up every now and then. I mean, I'd personally prefer EY to RtD for a stage pick. 

Edit: Whoa what's with the weird highlight???

A new Trophy.

tumblr_n56x5faxpU1r1alb2o1_500.jpg

It's Wonder-not-a-playable-character. (Or I could be wrong when Miiverse updates.)

Sorry, Red. Better luck next time?

I don't really like the game, but I like the character, He would be so nice to be a fighter.

aaaaaannnd there goes one of my most wanted newcomers

I'll just... go sit in the corner with the Dillon fans...

• Thumbs Up 5

aaaaaannnd there goes one of my most wanted newcomers

I'll just... go sit in the corner with the Dillon fans...

...I'll come join you

T-T

Pic of the day. Fight! The Wonderful 100!! We also made trophies of some of the other Wonderful Ones.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF7YirqcA

Guessing they'll have the other 6 main Wonderful Ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

Playable characters have trophies too, you know. It's entirely possible he's just trolling you guys right now.

I mean, after flat out denying ZSS was in the game moments before revealing her, I wouldn't put it past him.

• Thumbs Up 1

The question is... what would he do? I mean, I haven't played the game... but I can see he sort've works with other heroes.

He could be trolling, but personally I doubt any announced "trophies" are playable characters at this point in time. And since Wonder Red is the mostlikely choice from Wonderful 101, that pretty much rules them out. Of course it should be noted that I didn't think they'd get in as playables anyway because of how new they are.