Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

God, can we stop using the term "trolling" like its early 2000s or some shit. 

Ok Palutena. I acknowledge there could be a genuine tease there. Whether or not he's "trolling" or just building suspense on Palutena or Ridley remains to actually be seen. I don't know if they're in, but I just think it's a bit desperate to cling to the idea just because the character's inclusion depends on it. 

And the Zero Suit Samus thing isn't a good comparison since he didn't create the months of suspense- instead, he revealed her two seconds later. Not sure what the point of the comparison is unless all you want to say is "Sakurai occasionally plays with the fan's expectations" to which I would respond "no shit." However just because he does this sometimes doesn't mean we should expect him to. 

Ok, fine, he's teasing about them. And he teased ZSS being dropped as well.

EDIT: When I said "trolling" I meant in a good way. Sakurai is just having a little fun playing with the fans' expectations.

Also, it is quite possible we could have a wonderful 101 assist trophy that's the team in action, which would have the whole team

Or General Lambo, now THAT would make a sick AT, with or without giant cyborg/robot

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, it is quite possible we could have a wonderful 101 assist trophy that's the team in action, which would have the whole team

Or General Lambo, now THAT would make a sick AT, with or without giant cyborg/robot

I wouldn't mind this actually, but wouldn't they have shown off them as assist trophies, and not just...trophies?

I mean maybe it is a possibility, but I get the feeling they may just be trophies.(though I would love a stage or AT)

I wouldn't mind this actually, but wouldn't they have shown off them as assist trophies, and not just...trophies?

I mean maybe it is a possibility, but I get the feeling they may just be trophies.(though I would love a stage or AT)

Not what I meant exactly, each character individualy has a display trophy, but then they combine for the assist trophy

I'd be surprised if Wonderful 101 doesn't have an Assist Trophy. At the same time, I would have been surprised if they ended up being playable, even before this announcement.

With Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes on the way, does anyone think we'll get a fifth Pokemon rep?

Eh, at best maybe a couple of the songs,and a stage I can see being used for the 3DS version, And some Pokeballs for both versions. But I can't see a 5th rep.

Forgot to mention the hypernova theme from Kirby triple deluxe, but the final boss version.

Spoiler'd it. just in case boss name would spoil it.

http://youtu.be/EY0VaczU-IM

Eh, at best maybe a couple of the songs,and a stage I can see being used for the 3DS version, And some Pokeballs for both versions. But I can't see a 5th rep.

Pokemon is Nintendo's second best selling franchise only beaten by the Super Mario series, i don't see why Mario should have five reps in Sm4sh while Pokemon stays capped at four.

Don't see why Blossom City can't be a stage. If Electroplankton can get a full stage and still have no trophies to show for it, then Wonderful 101 can easily claim a stage for itself, and have the Wonderful Ones serve as stage hazards.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never said it should be capped at four...? I just don't think that these two remakes that just got announced indicate there being a 5th Pokemon Rep. Believe me, I'm fine with a 5th Rep, as I still want Mewtwo, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on these remakes meaning anything.

With Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes on the way, does anyone think we'll get a fifth Pokemon rep?

I think we'll get six, personally. We had six in Brawl. Just because Pokemon Trainer was only in four slots doesn't mean we didn't have six playable characters from Pokemon.

That said, as KHCast has stated, I don't think these remakes have anything to do with getting a fifth Pokemon rep.

So, I finaly got to see SS Impa in a bit of action, and run into her a little more, and I do think she could have an extremely different moveset than OoT version, or Sheik has. SS version is definitely a magic user, levitation and force fields definitely plays into that field... but ya that's my thought on it

140505.jpg

It sure is nice to have the Mega Men back again. ;w;b

Source: VGCats

Just to help lighten the mood in the topic a bit.

• Thumbs Up 8

Regarding Pokémon reps, I can see them bringing back Jigglypuff back for the sake of the "original twelve" (even though I've heard many people say they don't want that), thus bringing it to five: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard (minus Squirtle and Ivysaur), Lucario, and Greninja. Although there are quite a few choices for potential reps, I unfortunately don't see Pokémon taking up six character slots before a series like Mario or Zelda.

Then again, I haven't really played much Pokémon beyond the Stadium games, so it probably isn't my place to say that kind of stuff.

I feel Jigglypuff needs to go. I really hope that "original twelve" mentality isn't a staple for this series as I really feel Jigglypuff has outstayed its welcome. I know it has its fans, but since when was the last time Jigglypuff was popular in Japan or America or anywhere else? There are other better Pokemon suitable for this franchise, like Garchomp or Zoroark or something but to keep expecting Jigglypuff in future games is just...bleh. And this is coming from a Jigglypuff main from Melee.

If I were in charge, I'd rather just replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo. I mean, Mewtwo has regained relevance in X/Y and has 2 Mega Evos! But then again, Jigglypuff acquired the new Fairy type so if she gets in, we'll probably see some Fairy moves like Draining Kiss or something...meh.

I feel Jigglypuff needs to go. I really hope that "original twelve" mentality isn't a staple for this series as I really feel Jigglypuff has outstayed its welcome. I know it has its fans, but since when was the last time Jigglypuff was popular in Japan or America or anywhere else? There are other better Pokemon suitable for this franchise, like Garchomp or Zoroark or something but to keep expecting Jigglypuff in future games is just...bleh. And this is coming from a Jigglypuff main from Melee.

If I were in charge, I'd rather just replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo. I mean, Mewtwo has regained relevance in X/Y and has 2 Mega Evos! But then again, Jigglypuff acquired the new Fairy type so if she gets in, we'll probably see some Fairy moves like Draining Kiss or something...meh.

You say that like we can't have both.

It sure is nice to have the Mega Men back again. ;w;b

Source: VGCats

Just to help lighten the mood in the topic a bit.

Whats with MegaCat? Why is megaman a cat?

Whats with MegaCat? Why is megaman a cat?

It's one of the VG Cats characters.

You say that like we can't have both.

It could happen yeah, but I'd rather play as a new Pokemon for a change. (It'll suck if Ivysaur doesn't get in, but thats just a small gripe of mine) That and people might not like the Pokemon series being overrepresented, but it all comes down to Sakurai. 

You know, with the large roster for Mario Kart 8, I really hope that whatever MK8 stage they use for the Wii U version, it will utilize the cast Instead of just boring Shy Guy's like the 3DS version and Brawl have done.

There are other better Pokemon suitable for this franchise, like Garchomp or Zoroark

I'm not usually one to shit on someone else's choices, but, out of the huge fuckin' world of Pokemon, you're going to suggest another dragon and another bipedial canine?

Jigglypuff may not be a "cool" pokemon but that's exactly why it's needed, so Smash can represent the breadth of the series and of Nintendo as a whole, and not just be every 13 year old's list of cool dudes.

Hell, as much as I want to see Mewtwo back, with Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja in, Smash needs Jigglypuff more than it needs Mewtwo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not usually one to shit on someone else's choices, but, out of the huge fuckin' world of Pokemon, you're going to suggest another dragon and another bipedial canine?

Jigglypuff may not be a "cool" pokemon but that's exactly why it's needed, so Smash can represent the breadth of the series and of Nintendo as a whole, and not just be every 13 year old's list of cool dudes.

Hell, as much as I want to see Mewtwo back, with Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja in, Smash needs Jigglypuff more than it needs Mewtwo.

They are just suggestions out of the 700 or so I could pull, so just assuming I'm suggesting only "cool" Pokemon is stretching it. I did choose Garchomp because he does look cool and I'm see it a lot (in the competitive scene, in the anime, another Mega-Evo) and I chose Zoroark because he was the star in one of the Pokemon movies. And besides, in Melee there was Pikachu and Pichu (2 electric types and are in the same evolution line) and doesn't Jigglypuff have similiar movements to Kirby anyway? I mean, I didn't know Jigglypuff could jump 6 times in the air like Kirby can. If you want "uncool" variety, there's Keldeo (a quadripedal and a unicorn) and Gardevoir.

And call me salty for wanting Mewtwo again (another main from Melee) after friggin nerfing Jigglypuff in Brawl. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It really doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 2