Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yes, I believe it was this:

tB0q4i6.jpg

I guess someone uploaded the wrong pic...?

Ah yeah I heard people talking about Polar Bears

Maybe Ice Climber reveal is planned for kinda-soon?

Technically speaking, any Pokémon besides Mewtwo could be any sex, it doesn't really matter especially if we're talking game characters rather than anime characters.

Seeing as Greninja is in SSB4 I kinda think they're making the Pokémon characters more game-focused, meaning if you want.. it doesn't have to necessarily be Ash's Pikachu, just.. "a Pikachu". Which could be a female. Or a male. Whichever. Same for every Pokémon but Mewtwo (whose sex is unknown/unstudiable)

I'd find it hard to believe the Lucario we see in SSB is female.

I'd find it hard to believe the Lucario we see in SSB is female.

Lucario doesn't talk with a voice box but via telepathy so it's not really fair to judge its tone of voice in the same way we do for humans. Don't forget that Mewtwo's voice in the newest Pokémon movie is a very feminine voice despite Mewtwo not necessarily being female.

I'm just saying that the Pokémon in Smash Bros. can be whatever sex the players imagine them to be, in game-canon there is literally almost no difference between members of either sex, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Pikachu's alt costumes having the appearance of a female Pikachu.

Lucario doesn't talk with a voice box but via telepathy so it's not really fair to judge its tone of voice in the same way we do for humans. Don't forget that Mewtwo's voice in the newest Pokémon movie is a very feminine voice despite Mewtwo not necessarily being female.

I'm just saying that the Pokémon in Smash Bros. can be whatever sex the players imagine them to be, in game-canon there is literally almost no difference between members of either sex, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Pikachu's alt costumes having the appearance of a female Pikachu.

Then wouldn't Lucario telepathy have a more feminine tone like the most rent Mewtwo?(which was not the same Mewtwo as the first one we saw in the series) Nothing really for me points to the other sex. I personally think its safe to assume Lucario is Male.(in SSB at least)

Then wouldn't Lucario telepathy have a more feminine tone like the most rent Mewtwo?(which was not the same Mewtwo as the first one we saw in the series) Nothing really for me points to the other sex. I personally think its safe to assume Lucario is Male.

No I'm saying the voice their telepathy takes has nothing to do with their sex at all ._.

Look at Gardevoir, most Gardevoir have a feminine telepathy voice despite the ratio being equally male and female.

Lucario and Mewtwo's voices alone don't necessarily pin down their sex as one thing or the other in concrete fact and I think it's kinda foolish to say so especially considering there are many humans on the planet with voices that don't "fit" their sex.

Lucario isn't a person, Lucario is a species. You are playing as /A/ Lucario, not "the one single Lucario we picked out". Do people expect every Pokémon that can speak telepathically to have an androgynous voice or have multiple voice actors just to indicate there are males and females?

I dunno, I don't see what's so hard about being open-minded about this thing, it's silly to suggest that Pokémon of all things are "male by default" unless they're feminine in appearance?? It makes no sense to call Jigglypuff female just because it looks pink and feminine and then call all other Pokémon in Smash Bros male just because they don't??

I just don't think Nintendo really thought all that into it when they put Lucario in. And doesn't Lucario have almost a 90% male rate?

And yeah, I kinda do expect some differences in "voice" when we basically got that with Mewtwo. Why is Mewtwo allowed to have more tham one voice, but not other telapathic Pokemon? Wouldn't it have just made more sense to just give mewtwo a similar Voice to before for the movie, and then say Voice or whatever it is doesn't matter? So yeah, I do personally think that having a Lucario with a more feminine voice would be nice. (Female voiced Lucario actually sounds like. awesome idea now. I wants.:<)

But if people want to think its either, go ahead. I'm not gonna get mad or anything. I just don't see a problem with me personally seeing it as male.

And like what was said before, Pikachu is male due to the shape of the tail.

But if people want to think its either, go ahead. I'm not gonna get mad or anything. I just don't see a problem with me personally seeing it as male.

That's the point I was making all along ._. I wasn't trying to say Lucario was female, I was just saying people can technically see the playable Pokémon as any sex if they want to? If you see it as male that's fine. I just always found it silly that people say that all Pokémon in Smash Bros. except Jigglypuff are male when there isn't really any concrete evidence for the Pokémon's sexes.

As for Pikachu, I put that down to the sex differences between Pokémon not being very pronounced until more recently. Brawl began development before Gen4 was out, I don't blame Sakurai for missing out a tiny detail like that, or maybe it would have been difficult to put in alt. costumes of that nature for Pikachu (plus, even now there are female Pikachu in the anime without that tail pattern, they're not very consistent with it outside the games)

Maybe Pikachu will have a costume or two with that tail pattern in SSB4, maybe not. I merely suggested that you can technically see the playable Pokémon as whichever sex, I don't care enough to get into a big debate about it.

To be fair, there's a 12.5% chance that Lucario could even naturally be a girl. Plus considering how explicitly male Lucario's inner voice is shown to be it's a bit safer to conclude that he's a he.

Despite this making sense, i'm not really sure: Sceptile looks a little similar to Greninja if you ask me, only with grass moves instead of water. Considering though how the other grass startes tend to be stationary or slow, the only alternative i'm thinking at this point could be Serperior.

To be honest I don't think that would necessarily stop them when the guys behind smash could just tweak around some of Sceptile's aspects without necessarily ruining his appeal. I mean, looking at Charizard, he's the fastest final starter in his gen yet still portrayed as sorta slow, and since Sceptile is technically slower that Greninja we could be seeing him get the mid-ranged speed similar to what Ivysaur got in Brawl. Plus aside from Leaf Blade that we'd be getting no matter what, there's still a /lot/ of moveset potential in Sceptile's movepool to more than differentiate him from Greninja.

Plus the issue with Serperior is the fact that its a snake. It's be super hard getting around the 10 feet of body it sorta has to deal with without really cutting back on its length and/or making it roll in a circle instead of slither about. Honestly the only alternative that I think would be viable would be Meganium, but Im not even sure if that would work out

Man, we have the Fire Bar, the Blue Shell, the Super Leaf, and now the Bullet Bill. Mario's getting a pretty healthy representation in the item department for this game.

Man, we have the Fire Bar, the Blue Shell, the Super Leaf, and now the Bullet Bill. Mario's getting a pretty healthy representation in the item department for this game.

Dunno man, Zelda has a fair few too. What with the Fairy in a Bottle, the beetle and a few others I'm forgetting. Seems we are itemed to high heaven in this one.

On the flipside we don't know what items are being retired yet.

...I said before checking Smash Wiki.  Out of the items that appeared in Smash Bros Brawl, only the Cracker Launcher, Fan and Party Ball are yet to appear in Smash 4 materials.  Seems like we'll be getting a lot of items for sure.

On the flipside we don't know what items are being retired yet.

...I said before checking Smash Wiki.  Out of the items that appeared in Smash Bros Brawl, only the Cracker Launcher, Fan and Party Ball are yet to appear in Smash 4 materials.  Seems like we'll be getting a lot of items for sure.

Smash Bros. without the fan would be Smash Bros. without the Smash. It'd just be Bros.. It wouldn't be Smash Bros. at all. It'd be some kind of unwanted child.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh, though that's a point the list I looked at just listed Smash 4 as a single entity... it's entirely possible 3DS and Wii U might have different item rosters, so some of the more exotic items may be returning in one version but not the other.  Unless we've had worded confirmation that items will be the same in both.

The Ice Climber leak makes me wonder if Sakurai will actually add the Ice Climbers to the game even after what he said.

The Ice Climber leak makes me wonder if Sakurai will actually add the Ice Climbers to the game even after what he said.

The Polar Bear was already shown off in another picture previously in one of the large image blowouts not long after the direct I believe, so it's not really much of a 'leak' (well it technically is but of something we've already seen).

After what he said we still saw Rosalina and Olimar functioning flawlessly on the 3DS so what he said is kinda moot now.

I think the removed Polar Bear screenshot might have been one originally planned for after an Ice Climber reveal that they planned to show in relation to that, but that's very loose speculation.

So back to what I said earlier, does anyone else think Smash 4 Wii U's MK stage will make use of the large roster of racers instead of just using shy guys?

So back to what I said earlier, does anyone else think Smash 4 Wii U's MK stage will make use of the large roster of racers instead of just using shy guys?

Depends on the developers feelings about making extra character models for this one stage.

It'll probably be shy guys. I'm pretty sure they would of done it on the 3ds version if they planned to have characters.

Pretty sure Shy Guys were used to keep background elements from being overly cluttered.  It's not an issue on F-Zero where the racers ZOOM by - but the slower moving karts of MK stages shouldn't really be a huge mishmash of colours.

So guys, I just noticed something.

vgtp3.jpg

There's a little grey arrow above the Bullet Bill. And there's a red one in the very next pic. Looks like they're pointing out items for extra visibility now? It's kind of a minor touch, but I don't think previous games did it to the best of my knowledge.

I think the red arrow means where you teleport back to after you launch the bullet bill. it shows were the bullet bill has launched from and thats were you return to after the bullet bill explodes or goes off screen.

Or it could mean it points the direction were you aim the bullet bill.

Say, I just heard an interesting concept, what if Sakurai pulled a good old arcade homeversion ploy, and made several of the bosses unlockable characters for local play? Yes they would be broken, but that's the point, they are overpowered ridiculously powerful characters like Giga-Bowser, Yellow demon and the like; similar to how kinda overpowered as metaknight was, but moreso ridiculous and never meant for online or competitions

I think its a cool idea myself, but what do you guys think?

So guys, I just noticed something.

There's a little grey arrow above the Bullet Bill. And there's a red one in the very next pic. Looks like they're pointing out items for extra visibility now? It's kind of a minor touch, but I don't think previous games did it to the best of my knowledge.

IIRC, the original Smash Bros. had a small red arrow pointing out items if they were particularly far away from the character.

However, I don't think Melee or Brawl had that, so it's pretty cool to see it return here. It should help items to show up better amidst all the chaos.

• Thumbs Up 1