Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Didn't see that coming!!! thats pretty cool! I love it when they don't do something generic or they do something unexpected.

I somehow hope Sonic gets an item of his own (or they could recolor normal springs to Sonic springs and the Golden Hammer for Amy's Piko Piko Hammer, when played in Windy Hill :P that'd be cool)  

Sadly It would probably be something lame like speed shoes that make you faster or the green shield. But there's lots of cool stuff you could use in the Sonic-verse:

-Elemental Shields

-Rings (sounds stupid, but could let you get hit once without taking damage, only spilling the rings, you would then be vulnerable) PS: A green shield would be the same anyways xD

-Giant Bubble: The bubbles that lifts you until you get hit with the ceiling, in this case it could lift the enemy for a while.

-Hang Glider: To... well... let you glide : P

-Eggman surprise monitor? 

-Heck even a robotic motobug xD

-Caliburn as a melee wea- *gets bricked*

I'll stop now :P You get the idea.

Say, I just heard an interesting concept, what if Sakurai pulled a good old arcade homeversion ploy, and made several of the bosses unlockable characters for local play? Yes they would be broken, but that's the point, they are overpowered ridiculously powerful characters like Giga-Bowser, Yellow demon and the like; similar to how kinda overpowered as metaknight was, but moreso ridiculous and never meant for online or competitions

I think its a cool idea myself, but what do you guys think?

Probably more fun on paper than in practice.  Consider, for example, that Yellow Devil basically has two attacks and no movement other than transporting to the other side of the arena as one of those attacks.  Playing as him would basically be as deep as "push A to do attack 1, push B to do attack 2".  Bosses are designed to be fun to fight, not to play as.  Even bosses with lots of attacks, such as Master Hand, would simply feel like telling a character what to do rather than being that character and having any sense of flow.  Push a button, Master Hand performs the attack.  Wait until he's done, then push another button to do a different attack.

Unless they completely reworked the bosses to be as deep and complex to control as regular ones, it just wouldn't be very fun.

At best, I could see it being an option on Practice mode maybe.  Like "having trouble with a boss?  Spawn it and tell it what attacks to do with a second controller to learn how to dodge/counter the attacks you're having trouble with" etc.

o54wvp.jpg

Pic of the day. Uniting three parts will complete the legendary Air Ride machine…the Dragoon! It's back! But we didn't just leave it the way it was, and added some nice touches to the design of the targeting screen. It is, of course, in stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS.

Dragoon's scope screen makes it look like a death seeker, lol.

2mb6dx.jpg

Just the target screen felt lacking so here's a pic of the Dragoon itself. I wanna get on it. I wanna get on and ride it.

Screen certainly looks fancier. Also, LOL at him wanting to ride it. XD

I wanna get on it. I wanna get on it and ride it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHfPN2SC1I

I love Sakurai's comments.

• Thumbs Up 4

I remember most people hated the Dragoon in Brawl. I think it's cool, but it can be annoying and hard to dodge at times though I know it is possible to dodge it. Hope it's easier to dodge this time around. >>

Ugh, always hated that Item... at least it look more cooler I guess.

I wanna get on it. I wanna get on it and ride it

6b2.png
  • Thumbs Up 5

At the very least can the odds of dropping parts after being attacked not be literally random this time around? I think besides the fact that part collecting is so damned distracting, that's like the other thing that annoys me about the Dragoon the most.

Well, and Smash Balls by proxy I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

o54wvp.jpg

Donkey kong: Come at me bro!

Pit: Don't know what your doing DK but I'm getting the fuck out!

LOL

Keeping this in my profile lol, too funny.

• Thumbs Up 7

Can anyone tell which stage this is in? I'm not recognizing that floor pattern...

After looking through a whole 27 pages of Smash Bros. 4 pics on the IGN website...

I can now say that the answer to your question is: It is the Legend of Zelda(Skyward Sword); "Sky Loft" stage.

wiiusmashbrosscrnc0301-copyjpg-30b8bc_64

Wouldn't ya know it, that it was all the way back with the 1st few pics on the 27th page. There were only 3-4 pics of this stage and only 2 of them properly show the floor of the main platform.

Wouldn't ya know it again...I've been beaten to the punch.

Edited by StaticMania

After looking through a whole 27 pages of Smash Bros. 4 pics on the IGN website...

I can now say that the answer to your question is: It is the Legend of Zelda(Skyward Sword); "Sky Loft" stage.

wiiusmashbrosscrnc0301-copyjpg-30b8bc_64

Wouldn't ya know it, that it was all the way back with the 1st few pics on the 27th page. There were only 3-4 pics of this stage and only 2 of them properly show the floor of the main platform.

Wouldn't ya know it again...I've been beaten to the punch.

Lmao I guessed Skyloft from the sky background and just went to the Skyloft page on Smashwiki.  They had a gallery of pics there.

I actually really enjoy items and want to see this game try to find a way to make them more competitive-friendly, like have an option to make them function as kill streaks or handicaps instead of popping in randomly.

You know what I still don't get about their use of the Dragoon here? Unless I'm mistaken--I haven't had the chance to play Kirby's Air Ride--wasn't the Hydra the more attack-focused Air Ride versus the Dragoon's aerialness?

The Hydra cannot fly and is really tough to control. Dragoon on the other hand can not only fly but it is also MUCH easier to control, so I think that's why Sakurai chose to use the latter.

• Thumbs Up 1

It helps that the Dragoon's pieces are more visually distinct. The cone, body, and phoenix feathers really pop out on the stage, and people will notice it more and scramble for them.

• Thumbs Up 2

You had to collect Dragoon pieces in Kirby Air Ride to assemble it, so I think it was just a case of implementing the air machine with the most interesting mechanic.

You did that with the Hydra as well.

The only reason why Hydra would make more sense is because the Dragoon can't really destroy and opponent like that in Air Ride. Then again, this isn't that game.

You did that with the Hydra as well.

The only reason why Hydra would make more sense is because the Dragoon can't really destroy and opponent like that in Air Ride. Then again, this isn't that game.

I don't think so. IIRC, if you fly into another Kirby while riding the Dragoon it instantly busts their machine and sends 'em flying.