Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

well looky here, now they could be guessing, but that's about the time period I'm expecting it

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=228048

Target lists Smash Bros. 3DS for August 29th

May 11, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

unnamed.png

Now we know not to trust retailer info until Nintendo actually comes forth with a date, but I did feel this was worth mentioning. This release date would plop the game down on a Friday. Thanks to Lars for the heads up!

Link

August 29th..?

no no no no no no no

This would absolutely suck for me, that's the very beginning of the next school year...

• Thumbs Up 5

Damn, if it's August 29th, that's 3 days after my birthday. I was going to ask for this game but I guess I'll get it with birthday money.

There can not possibly be a worse date than August 29th. Early-mid summer would have been the most perfect time to release this game. Please let this be a mistake..

• Thumbs Up 1

There can not possibly be a worse date than August 29th. Early-mid summer would have been the most perfect time to release this game. Please let this be a mistake..

but that would cut time, longer it takes, more they can put in character wise though :P and Nintendo does their best not to put out a rushed product ya know 

Late August is pretty damn...late. I was hoping it would be released a month after E3 or something, around July. =/

Oh well, at least that gives me an entire summer to focus on Mario Kart 8.

So do you think the legit release dates of this will be at E3?

Without a doubt. There isn't a better time to reveal it.

I'm still doubting END of summer. If Nintendo want money, they want that version to come out when people have more free time. Besides, most people assumed mid summer when they said Summer release. It just seems silly to get very one excited and then go "yeah it coming out at the very end of the summer so have fu-oh yeah you got school!"

This is how it goes with video game releases. They always say Summer but what they really mean is August or September. It's pretty crap, honestly.

Moar Wireframe Mac for today's pic:

ofytj5.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's wire frame Little Mac--re-envisioned from the original Punch-Out!! game. The man that actually drew the pixel art wire frame in the original was none other than Shigeru Miyamoto. He said he drew the pixels for the wire frame on graph paper.

• Thumbs Up 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9wHH4

Let us ride it together comrades!

• Thumbs Up 6

When is that song not getting remixed? lol

Edit: Lol I mean mashed up 

Also this is the looooooooongest train ride ever!

Wire frame Mac is looking pretty good, can't wait to see what everyone else's alts. are.

Wire frame Mac is looking pretty good, can't wait to see what everyone else's alts. are.

If they have any...hopefully.

If they have any...hopefully.

So far, every character has the possibility or has been shown to have an alt costume. I'm betting we'll get one for each character now.

Hopes for a Metal Sonic skin, anyone?

Sounds sort of interesting, but what would that mean for his Final Smash? Would Sakurai be willing to make a Super Metal Sonic, or would he just revert to normal Super Sonic?

Actually, now that I think about, what does Wireframe Mac mean for Mac's Final Smash?

I find it hilarious how the first alt for Mac was the one no one expected.

1489183_1466631010217872_379123291_n.jpg

People predicted a SNES and NES skin, surely. But they never could have guessed Sakurai would be going further.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't even be suprised if they do use the NES one, given that's the design Mac used in Brawl.

Am I seriously the only person here who realizes that the NES palette in that picture is based on a color glitch?  His shorts and gloves are actually either green or blue during gameplay, and they just end up turning white during the victory pose.

So far, every character has the possibility or has been shown to have an alt costume. I'm betting we'll get one for each character now.

I really wouldn't count on it. I don't expect we'll get any costumes that are of different characters, just alternate designs. No Metal Sonic, he's a different character, no Protoman, he's a different character, no Luciwhatsis-that-looks-like-Marth because she's a different character, etc etc. And I doubt everyone has an alternate look that's worth including.

Male WFT is a different character and he's a alt. I don't see it being implausible to see, say, Female Villager or Shadow show up.

Edit: Well just realized, there's also the issue of the announcer saying the winners name or the crowd that cheers. In alt characters cases, what would they say?

Probably have different voices and have the announcer speak the alt's name.

Is the Wii Fit Trainer is confirmed to speak? If so, she would need a different voice for her alt.