Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Ugh, Palutena. Whatever.

Anyway, the new release date basically means that Tokyo Game Show will be the last event showing potential new characters. That gives more time for having more characters, so i'm ok with it.

Oh gosh.

I came in late, so I didn't know about Miis. But now that I do...

Ugh, I'm sorry. They seem like the completely wrong way to add Miis. It's... a little annoying to me, honestly. Because c'mon, you can't tell me that Tomodachi Life, The various Wii Sports, and Pilotwings Resort couldn't have inspired a more unique moveset, rather then 'Oooooh, customization~!'

Let's take a moment and talk about one of the focus shots:

7b0.png

Nintendo....

Hey, a goddess can flaunt her heavenly ass if she wants to!

And are we forgetting about the bewb focus shot that comes straight after this? 'Cos I'm sure as hell not!

:P

You know, there's this mix of surprise and "I knew it" for me when it comes to Palutena.

I mean, it's like, in a way you knew she was coming, but it still comes as a shock when she's confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

screen-7.jpg

lol

Basing her moveset around the 'Powers' from Uprising was an excellent decision.

As for Miis...bleh. Nintendo had to start the event with them didn't they. Deflated my hype a lot. They look completely out of place when shown next to other characters.

Well I can safely say i'm pretty pleased with these reveals, the mii characters look awesome (and I might even consider using them on a regular basis) and palutena looks like a really fun character to play as, also I'm somewhat crossing my fingers for dark pit to be playable but I'd be okay if he was an assist or an alt for pit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where are you guys finding the pics of her? Its not on the main website

They are on the main website, yes.

Damn Palutena lookin' fine in these screens

screen-6.jpg

screen-4.jpg

Even Marth can't resist saving her

screen-5.jpg

And the Mii Fighters are gonna eff shit up too. Just look at DK! "Whoa man, I don't want any trouble!"

screen-2.jpg

Or maybe they can bring long lost families back together... Villager is clearly screaming "DADDY!"

screen-7.jpg

Yep. I am one happy camper right now.

Interesting that they're also overhauling the site a bit to add game modes and 3DS information.

Oh gosh.

I came in late, so I didn't know about Miis. But now that I do...

Ugh, I'm sorry. They seem like the completely wrong way to add Miis. It's... a little annoying to me, honestly. Because c'mon, you can't tell me that Tomodachi Life, The various Wii Sports, and Pilotwings Resort couldn't have inspired a more unique moveset, rather then 'Oooooh, customization~!'

This is the BEST thing they could've done for Miis. Mii's aren't about that stuff. They're about customization. I've been saying this since the beginning. I hate the introduction of Mii's, but basing them off of existing characters is easily the best thing they could've done. It also means less development time spent working on Mii's and more on new characters people actually want to play as.

I'm also happy Palutena was shown off and not Pac-Man. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Info on the Gamecube controller adapter:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_nintendo_confirms_new_retro_gamecube_controller_and_adapter_pricing

$19.99 for the adapter, $29.99 for the special Smash controller, and $99.99 for a Smash Bros Wii U bundle that comes with the adapter and controller.

I'm not that great at conversion rates but that seems pretty reasonable?

I'm buying ten of these controllers because brand new and legitimate GameCube controllers are so freaking hard to find these days.

I'm so glad Palutena is in btw.

• Thumbs Up 4

Is Viridi confirmed to be somewhere in the game too? I swear I´ve heard her voice in the japanese trailer.

Also, Phosphora as an assistant, yay!!

EDIT: It seems Phosphora is a trophy, Sakurai trolled us lol

Is Viridi confirmed to be somewhere in the game too? I swear I´ve heard her voice in the japanese trailer.

She's in the Reset Bomb Factory stage on 3DS, I believe.

Oh, I just realize the MOBILE site isn't updated while the desktop one is.

Is there away to switch to the desktop site?

aYgz6DT.jpg

>Level 10

Shit just got real

bBR2Lww.png

>Explosive Perfect Shield

[Hype Intensifies]

• Thumbs Up 9

This is the BEST thing they could've done for Miis. Mii's aren't about that stuff. They're about customization. I've been saying this since the beginning. I hate the introduction of Mii's, but basing them off of existing characters is easily the best thing they could've done. It also means less development time spent working on Mii's and more on new characters people actually want to play as.

I'm also happy Palutena was shown off and not Pac-Man. tongue.png

I know that customization is a big thing for Miis. It's an avatar system, yes.

What I meant was 'Oh joy, this means we'll be getting everyone making clones' Unless I'm mistaken, that's exactly what they are, except with your head on them.

What I had in mind for Miis was 'It's you! But with a set moveset based around the various games featuring miis.' That way, we don't have online swarming with just Miis. Because everyone made their own awesome character and whatnot. The set moveset would be like 'Oh, so a Mii is like a wacky brawler with some long range. Or a Long ranger with Wii accessories. Or yada yada.' Now I'm just a little wary that online will be 'Super Smash Mii' Instead of Bros.

I know that customization is a big thing for Miis. It's an avatar system, yes.

What I meant was 'Oh joy, this means we'll be getting everyone making clones' Unless I'm mistaken, that's exactly what they are, except with your head on them.

What I had in mind for Miis was 'It's you! But with a set moveset based around the various games featuring miis.' That way, we don't have online swarming with just Miis. Because everyone made their own awesome character and whatnot. The set moveset would be like 'Oh, so a Mii is like a wacky brawler with some long range. Or a Long ranger with Wii accessories. Or yada yada.' Now I'm just a little wary that online will be 'Super Smash Mii' Instead of Bros.

I believe Mii's aren't available random online. I certainly won't use Mii's unless they have their own solo modes, but otherwise I won't bother looking at them again.

A quick trip to the Japanese site reveals that the game will launch there in September 13th, 2014

SMH, time to buy a Japanese 3DS.