Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

>Level 10

Shit just got real

>Explosive Perfect Shield

[Hype Intensifies]

So thats what the character select looks like, nice. It also seems like customization options can be turned on and off from the looks of it so you can use them in local multiplayer too, great.

*drools*

That anime trailer. 0_0

So beautiful!! *sniff*

I'm surprised and pleased that the girls are coming in full force to kick testosterone arse in Smash.

...I'm sure the pervs are too...

I guess the Palutena announcement has reinvigorated my hype for Smash. I don't really care about the Mii stuff though. It annoys me that I have to play as it in the Mario Golf Mushroom tournament stuff...

The Nintendo ladies don't often get the time they deserve in the limelight. Even though Zeldas name is in the franchise, you don't actually see her much during the games. Metroid games tend to only appear every other year. And Peach is basically a prize constantly thought over by a middle aged, fat plumber and a bad ass turtle/dragon combo.

Regarding what I said earlier, I'm not actually that bothered if Jigglypuff is included or not. Perhaps we have too many playable Pokemon at the moment. I dunno, Melee had four and Brawl had four. (Counting Pokemon Trainer as a single character.)

And what the hells this about Pac-Man??

Even since I was unfortunate enough to come across that god awful Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures show on Youtube, then learn about a game based on it...? The guys been dead to me!

Info on the Gamecube controller adapter:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_nintendo_confirms_new_retro_gamecube_controller_and_adapter_pricing

$19.99 for the adapter, $29.99 for the special Smash controller, and $99.99 for a Smash Bros Wii U bundle that comes with the adapter and controller.

I'm not that great at conversion rates but that seems pretty reasonable?

Very reasonable, the controller itself is going to sell like hotcakes if it's compatible with the original GC

I might as well go for the bundle if they're offering it at Best Buy

Mii's playable? Well, do I embrace the possibilities or do I just get a pitchfork and go to Nintendo?

holy shit playable waluigi can technically exist now

"So, you're wanting Palutena to be a fighter in the game, Sakurai? Well, all right, but how should the moveset be? Many staff attacks, use Centurions? Those can work, but she seems rather limited."

"Hmmmmmm I KNOW. Have her use EVERY SINGLE POWER from Uprising for her moves! Rocket Jump, Mega Laser, Teleport! Lightweight! Angelic Missile! It'll be a blast!"

"BRILLIANT!!"

And this is why I never doubt Sakurai when he makes characters.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just a question, though.

In some of the screens, the Miis have fancy hats, like a top-hat or a cow-boy hat. Did they explain something that I missed, by any chance?

Just a question, though.

In some of the screens, the Miis have fancy hats, like a top-hat or a cow-boy hat. Did they explain something that I missed, by any chance?

I think its part of the customization.

But aside from my dislike for how Mii's are made, which... well, I'm still a little miffed. ( Do like the nod to Kung Fu and Golden Sun in the Brawler and Sword Miis, respectively. )

Palutena. Oh my gosh, I do love how she looks to play. My only concern is that in her awesome reveal trailer, where she goes about kicking ass like all trailers showing off characters do... Um, is it just me? Or does she look a little too awesome? This coming from someone who didn't give a rip about Little Mac's 'OMG SO OP' Star punch.

But aside from my dislike for how Mii's are made, which... well, I'm still a little miffed. ( Do like the nod to Kung Fu and Golden Sun in the Brawler and Sword Miis, respectively. )

Palutena. Oh my gosh, I do love how she looks to play. My only concern is that in her awesome reveal trailer, where she goes about kicking ass like all trailers showing off characters do... Um, is it just me? Or does she look a little too awesome? This coming from someone who didn't give a rip about Little Mac's 'OMG SO OP' Star punch.

Wait, there's a nod to Golden Sun?

I didn't even know about the Smash direct until it was near over, but I managed to catch the Mii bit. I think it's kinda cool how they added so many options for them, using existing characters as templates. I probably won't use them much just because the roster features plenty of characters I'm already excited about, but it's a neat addition. Palutena reveal at the end of the "Play Nintendo" conference was a neat surprise as well; I don't know anything about Kid Icarus, but she looks like she'll be a lot of fun to play with. I could never quite get used to Pit, so she seems like she could be a better alternative.

Was kinda hoping for a Sceptile reveal, you know, given the Ruby/Sapphire remakes and I still expect them to round out the "Grass/Fire/Water" trio in some fashion, but I'm more than satisfied by this.

Not super-thrilled with the amiibo announcement, but as long as they're just extras and won't be integral aspects to the game, I'm good (and hopefully that's what happens with other games in their pipeline that will use the feature--I'd hate to see Nintendo get into that racket).

I didn't even know about the Smash direct until it was near over, but I managed to catch the Mii bit. Honestly, I think it's kinda cool how they added so many options for them, using existing characters as templates. I probably won't use them much just because the roster seems to feature plenty of characters I'm already excited about. Palutena reveal at the end of the "Play Nintendo" conference was a neat surprise as well; I don't know anything about Kid Icarus, but she looks like she'll be a lot of fun to play with.

Was kinda hoping for a Sceptile reveal, you know, given the Ruby/Sapphire remakes and I still expect them to round out the "Grass/Fire/Water" trio in some fashion, but I'm more than satisfied by this.

Not super-thrilled with the amiibo announcement, but as long as they're just extras and won't be integral aspects to the game, I'm good (and hopefully that's what happens with other games in their pipeline that will use the feature--I'd hate to see Nintendo get into that racket).

I'm glad Mii's are clones of existing characters. That's the only way I could see them working right. (Although I am still peeved about their inclusion... but I'll get over it.)

Palutena didn't really do that much for me to be perfectly honest.  Maybe it's because I didn't really get a sense of a cohesive direction for her.  Like Sakurai just thought "I'mma throw all these moves from this game onto her and that will be her character".  It makes sense I guess, but so far she's the only newcomer that has genuinely not really impressed me and made me want to play her much at all.  Which is a shame because I was excited for her.

The Miis on the other hand were the exact opposite.  I thought they would be lame as fuck but they looked damn cool.  Really seem like genuine proper characters and I'm actually really quite excited to play as all three versions.

• Thumbs Up 1

First of all, the anime trailer for Palutena's reveal was amazingly good. I'm wondering if it was Production IG who animated that cos holy crap that was good! <3

Anyways, Palutena looks cool to play as and it's nice she uses Uprising attacks and not just generic staff attacks. I like the Mii's inclusion too since now we can have the battle of the celebrity/cartoon/animu Mii!

Not sure if I'll use amiibo very often but I think as collectibles the figures look great, so I'm looking forward to those when they're released. And yeah, awesome boxart for both versions! But...

Why is this coming out in Octobeeeeer? D:

Wait, there's a nod to Golden Sun?

Compare the Sword Mii to Isaac. They really look similar. At least to me.

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/mii_fighter/main.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080326222315/goldensun/images/thumb/1/1c/3DIsaac.jpg/250px-3DIsaac.jpg

Then again, I might be just jumping to conclusions.

Compare the Sword Mii to Isaac. They really look similar. At least to me.

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/mii_fighter/main.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080326222315/goldensun/images/thumb/1/1c/3DIsaac.jpg/250px-3DIsaac.jpg

Then again, I might be just jumping to conclusions.

They... do have some resemblance, I suppose.

ISAAC CONFIRMED.

Ok, maybe not, but I do hope Isaac appears in this game. I'd like at least one reveal this E3 that's not on the Gematsu leak. (And I do fully expect we'll get one.)

I'm glad Mii's are clones of existing characters. That's the only way I could see them working right. (Although I am still peeved about their inclusion... but I'll get over it.)

They're clones? I thought they had quite a few unique moves- none of them looked particularly clone-ish.

Obviously there are some that function as similar moves but that's unavoidable. 

They're clones? I thought they had quite a few unique moves- none of them looked particularly clone-ish.

They look like slightly altered versions of Link, Little Mac, and Samus.

They look like slightly altered versions of Link, Little Mac, and Samus.

If by "slightly altered" you mean "entirely different in all but the most superficial ways" then I agree. 

• Thumbs Up 6

From what I see of the Sword and Brawler type Miis, I see more of a mashup of different moves from the different characters that have similar types of fighting and a few original moves. 

From what I see of the Sword and Brawler type Miis, I see more of a mashup of different moves from the different characters that have similar types of fighting and a few original moves. 

I thought most of the moves were original. Obviously some of them look similar to other characters but as far as I could tell they were pretty original. 

Also each class has 3 of each special move type to choose from, so it's looking like a very diverse character. It's not something rushed.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Snippet from the Digital Event of a bunch of 3DS trophies:

5agpe0.jpg

Looks like our old pal METARU is among them.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Metal Sonic tho.

Nice to know Paper Mario hasn't been forgotten with that Peach trophy too.

That Metal Sonic tho.

Nice to know Paper Mario hasn't been forgotten with that Peach trophy too.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star still is recent though so they'd have to have trophies for it. Also, every Smash Bros but the first one had a Paper Mario trophy so it's not like the series isn't repped.

Also, anyone spot trophies there re-used from Melee or Brawl?