Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The hell were Nintendo smoking when they said the 3DS version comes out summer? :/ October doesn't scream summer out at all. That's a major disappointment.

Well at least the super smash news aside from that was pleasant. The Palutena anime clips were amazing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Snippet not enough?  How about an entire match on the 3DS and WiiU versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLP_2-iIe6I

- Tortimer Island confirmed non walkoff

- Swimming mechanics removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocVx20fS_M

- Skyloft a transporting stage in the same vein as Delfino in Brawl

- Shiny Greninja playable recolour

- Super Sonic returns as Sonic's FS

- Shadow confirmed Assist Trophy

• Thumbs Up 7

Mario took Wario's cotton candy clothes.

Wario deconfirmed.

Full two minutes of Little Mac doing alright, and he didn't come close to getting his KO meter filled all the way. He's gonna need to put in work to get his OHKO Punch.

So I made a GIF of the best 3 seconds from the Palutena trailer:

a0ujq0.gif

Ass... check! Boobs... check! Goddess of Light, ready for battle!

• Thumbs Up 9

Here's a Wii-U match too

And since this is SSMB, I'll get this out of the way first, Sonic's Final Smash is shown annnnnnddddd......it's Super Sonic again.

Game looks fun as hell.

http://youtu.be/bocVx20fS_M

Shadow is back for assist trophy on second match.

Sadly he does the same thing.

4:34

LOL, I've been beaten

I can't believe I can finally play as Hitler in Smash Bros!

"Hitler turns up the heat!"

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh wow, Light blue Sonic has the Crystal Ring from Sonic Adventure as the bands for his gloves. That's a nice touch.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh great, so the most unfair OP Final Smash is back and the lamest Assist Trophy ever is back too! D=

Though at least Sonic's colour swaps are more unique this time around.

Well Sonic's palette swaps are still all blue-ish, but at least they're more distinctive than Brawl's.

I'm glad that Super Sonic is back. There were people that wanted the Final Color Blaster from Sonic Colors, but the golden hedgehog is WAY more iconic.

But, most of all, my greatest fear has been put to rest; his victory fanfare is still the classic one. I was worried that they would have used the  Lost World one. Good, that's very, very good.

But, most of all, my greatest fear has been put to rest; his victory fanfare is still the classic one. I was worried that they would have used the  Lost World one. Good, that's very, very good.

Wait, is it a new remixed version of his classic victory theme or did they reuse the Sonic 06 one again (please no not the latter)?

Light blue Sonic uses the Crystal Rings.

Dark blue/Purple Sonic cut the Purple Chaos Emerald into pieces to fit the pieces on his gloves' bands and his socks.

White Blue Sonic is basically a Silver and Sonic hyrbrid.

Massive step up from Red Sonic, Black Sonic, and Green Sonic.

Wait, is it a new remixed version of his classic victory theme or did they reuse the Sonic 06 one again (please no not the latter)?

I can't say. I recognized the last notes, but the rest was covered by the people talking nearby.

Apparently Tingle has been disconfirmed now as well. *prays Isaac isn't shown*

Sonic's colour swaps have definitely improved! So glad to hear that.

I can't watch any of the Smash stuff right now though because I'm watching Xenoblade X stuff right now.

I can't say. I recognized the last notes, but the rest was covered by the people talking nearby.

Oh gosh. I really do hope it's a remix. Always thought it was really cheap they just used Sonic 06's victory jingle. =/

So yea a few gameplay vids from Gamexplains channel. Damn Im loving what im see on the Wii U

http://youtu.be/RN_iCToKSck

Olimar has same final smash

From what I can tell, the game looks much much faster and all characters seems to be really powerful. I seen a video were Sonic use his neutral b on someone and almost KO'd them at the percentage around 60 i think.

I wonder how competitive Smashers feel about this so far?

As someone who's a part of the competitive community, reception seems mixed about the mechanics.  On one hand, removal of tripping, increased hitstun and the fact that characters seem to die a lot earlier are good because they allow for faster paced matches but on the other hand a lot of the Melee mechanics aren't there.  No wavedashing (we've known this for a while though), no L-Cancelling, you don't retain momentum from running > jumping (in Brawl hold forward whilst doing a standing jump, then hold forward doing a running jump and you'll go the same distance however in Melee you go further with the running jump because you retain momentum).

I'm personally still looking forward to it.  I want to personally see what kind of exclusive Smash 4 advanced techs evolve in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how competitive Smashers feel about this so far?

Yeah thats the thing i'm worried about most right now, at least the physics don't look at all floaty and the characters look like they all have some weight to them now so it should be fine.