Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'm not really liking the examples Diogenes are using. The constant comparisons with Pacman to Sonic aren't... that good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at this way guys, since you hate the character so much, now you can beat him up senselessly for hours on end! 

the Pac is back

the Pac is back

the Pac is back
the Pac is back

the Pac is back

the Pac is back
the Pac is back

the Pac is back

the Pac is back
the Pac is back

the Pac is back

the Pac is back
the Pac is back

the Pac is back

the Pac is back

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffgood one.

• Thumbs Up 6

Urgh. That Ghostly Adventures design is ugly as sin...

But it's not the design for Pac-Man in SSB4, we know that. We just gotta see it now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes it is.

Everything else is just trying to justify it after the fact.

Green eyes, blue arms, teeth and eyelids, what reasonable person could seriously give a shit.

Is it unreasonable for a person to say one thing looks better than the other thing? I don't think most people "seriously" give a shit here. I sure don't, but some people in this thread sound pretty condescending right now. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not really liking the examples Diogenes are using. The constant comparisons with Pacman to Sonic aren't... that good.

How the in the name of bloody yellow fat behemoths are they not? It's literally the same thing.

Both Modern Sonic and "Adventures" Pac Man have slightly different visual designs and characterizations from their Classic counterparts. In fact, you could say that both are significantly more annoying than their Classic counterparts. 

But almost none of that translated into Brawl when Sonic was added - save for a "You're Too Slow," but most of you guys are somehow forgiving of that. But Pac Man? What the heck makes it so different? Were the early PS1 Pac Man games such a dang national treasure that the visual design has to be included?

Freaking, seriously?

Is it unreasonable for a person to say one thing looks better than the other thing? I don't think most people "seriously" give a shit here. I sure don't, but some people in this thread sound pretty condescending right now. 

The quality of complaints, seriously, genuinely, honest to heaven purely magestically truthfully amount to little more than BAW GREEN EYES.

Not liking something is one thing, but for crying out loud it isn't that big of a deal, and it's dang obnoxious to see things devolve to that era where the Modern Sonic design was a point of contention.

Well Sonic's palette swaps are still all blue-ish, but at least they're more distinctive than Brawl's.

You can't replace Sonic's blue color. It just wouldn't feel right.

Yes it is.

Green eyes, blue arms, teeth and eyelids, what reasonable person could seriously give a shit.

You're indirectly referring to yourself as reasonable even as you constantly whine about other people being critical of a character design. It's not like people are being unreasonable about that criticism either. Character design is very subjective, being up in arms over a few people expressing their opinion on this sort of thing is pretty ridiculous.

...funny thing is that I agree that the Adventures design isn't really that different, so really, this entire thing is a humongous non-issue. Older design is confirmed. That's it. We can move on now. The Pac is Back, etc. etc.

• Thumbs Up 3

"- Sakurai is not involved in tourney planning. He was impressed with the enthusiasm for this game at today's tourney. He wants to support the scene by making more games like these."

And it's good!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

All I care about is Pac-Man music.

OBVIOUSLY the intro screen and cutscene music are getting in as music. But I really want Pacman's Park from Pac-Mania remixed in some way.

Songs from Pac-Man Arrangement would also be godlike.

You can have your preferences, but when you start calling such insignificant changes "gross" you start going off in a very silly direction.

And these differences are so tiny, seriously!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes it is.

Um...no it isn't? I really do think that the teeth and eyelids change the way he expresses himself.

I think you're getting the impression that I seriously care about this. I don't, but I also don't think someone would be unreasonable for having an preference on one design over another. 

Huh, sonofabitch, I totally didn't expect Pac-Man to make it. I sorta agree that Klonoa would've been a more interesting choice, but since Pac-Man's Namco's mascot and all... Well, not upset. Can't say I'm excited one way or the other, at least not until I see a new trailer with him, but that's... something.

Yo that initial leak is seeming more and more legit by the second.  That leak has nailed EVERY newcomer so far.

I await Shulk and Chrom patiently...

I don't have enough fingers to cross for Shulk but damn do I want him in this... I don't care who else they shove in after that, so long as he makes it.

Either way, his newer design isn't "tainting" the game, so is there really a reason to be having this dreadful conversation?

I just don't like Pac-Man because any and every things related to Ghostly Adventures triggers episodes of existential loathing in Soma. It's not complicated, really.

You can have your preferences, but when you start calling such insignificant changes "gross" you start going off in a very silly direction.

And these differences are so tiny, seriously!

I call a lot of things gross, like cat litter, or Nancy Grace, or yes, Pac Man. Like I said, I don't like any of his designs- something about him is unsettling to me. He's like a fat boy with a serious case of jaundice, and giving him teeth and eyelids is giving him more ways to make weird faces. 

Again, I give no fucks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

All I care about is Pac-Man music.

OBVIOUSLY the intro screen and cutscene music are getting in as music. But I really want Pacman's Park from Pac-Mania remixed in some way.

Songs from Pac-Man Arrangement would also be godlike.

I'm hoping for some of his pac man world themes personally (namely the title theme of the first game).

The roster is as unappealing as Mario Kart 8's to me. Greninja? Pac-Man? 

*sigh*

I'm nowhere near as hyped as I was for Brawl, this just seems like a change for the worse (no Subspace mode, it was fun seeing characters interact for example.)

tumblr_n3wzcqjXB41tros9go1_500.gif

Woah! awesome!! right off the bat, you'd expect the announcement sometime later, oh well can't wait to see the gameplay although he really doesn't do much for me, just glad he's in. Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Pacman will be awesome.

In the meanwhile enjoy Greninjas awesome (and grainy as heck GIF) intro to his Final Smash.... really reminds me of Baiken

greninjafsbegining_zps05b30c47.gif

Well there's a definite difference between not liking a minor variation and not liking a character as a whole. 

I mean I'm not exactly thrilled that Palutena got in, but I'm not going to rage about it. Any character that's added that I don't really care for I find inoffensive at the very worst. And honestly, Pac Man is more in that area for me. I'm certainly happy to see another third-party character, but he isn't really someone I've been wanting all that much. 

So yeah, that sort of thing is understandable. 

Oh we got Pacman now? Can he eat a row of pellets that the player can freely manipulate and control?

We better have a good fucking reveal trailer for Pacman with Mario, Sonic and Megaman. ALL CGI!

Well I thought for sure Pac wouldn't be in, but I'll swallow my words lawl. I trust that they'll make him awesome regardless, so pretty excited to see how he actually is. Also wondering if Mr. Game and Watch will have anything new up his sleeve~

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/

^ Was that seen btw? Has Pac and Game and Watch up there already

nevermind I'm a dumb

Woah! awesome!! right off the bat, you'd expect the announcement sometime later, oh well can't wait to see the gameplay although he really doesn't do much for me, just glad he's in. Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman vs Pacman will be awesome.

In the meanwhile enjoy Greninjas awesome (and grainy as heck GIF) intro to his Final Smash.... really reminds me of Baiken

greninjafsbegining_zps05b30c47.gif

Ooh. Looks like Mat Block.