Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Figures that Pacman would have to borrow from completely different games in order to work. Oh well, despite my distaste of him I have to admit his trailer was pretty funny, and his moveset is so damned discordant it's kind of hard to stay mad at in a way.

Thinking back to Palutena, is it just me or does she do that Snake thing where her normals are essentially specials in disguise? She has a lot of exotic shit in her moveset and there's no way every one of those is a special - Celestial Fireworks for example looks as though it could be a tilt or a smash. I just have a hard time imagining what goes where.

Lol, yeah, that's kinda interesting.

Was K.rool on that leaked list?

No, but nothing hints against K. Rool at all at this point and remember that the leaker missed Rosalina. Kid Icarus got a new character with one revival game and FE is currently expected to get 3 characters due to Awakening. DK had an amazing revival as well, far better than Awakening plus had Tropical Freeze follow up to that. DK deserves three reps as well, and I'm confident there's still about 2-3 characters we don't know yet.

We'll have to see, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven, Chrom, and Skulk.

And to be completely fair, his list had the descriptor "Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y" instead of specifically "Greninja", and did not specify that the Miis would be listed as "Mii Fighters".

tumblr_mqwneh3uXE1qfqcmfo1_500_zpsb9cb78

We probably don't need any more sword characters, but fuck it, it's Reyn Shulk time.  

Shulk almost seems too perfect and predictable since it appears that Xenoblade Chronicles is becoming a series rather than a one-off game.  No better way to promote your new series with Nintendo fans than with a Smash rep honestly.  

I have really high hopes right now.

Please Sakurai.

tumblr_mqwneh3uXE1qfqcmfo1_500_zpsb9cb78

We probably don't need any more sword characters, but fuck it, it's Reyn Shulk time.  

Shulk almost seems too perfect and predictable since it appears that Xenoblade Chronicles is becoming a series rather than a one-off game.  No better way to promote your new series with Nintendo fans than with a Smash rep honestly.  

I have really high hopes right now.

Please Sakurai.

I have high wishes that Chrom was cut and replaced (in fact based on the NFC figures he might've been replaced by Lucina), but Shulk is fine. I know they can make out a good moveset for him from his game so that's not a major deal.

After a bit of thought (and a lot of watching bad movies), I've decided to let my distaste for Pac-Man go, as long as he takes after his World self. It's a bit of respect for games that legitimately tried to do something great with an old mascot, and for the sake of that workmanship I'll shut my mouth, even if I despise the character he evolved into. 

ewwwww I feel all... optimistic

this is disgusting how do you guys live with yourselves

• Thumbs Up 3

After a bit of thought (and a lot of watching bad movies), I've decided to let my distaste for Pac-Man go, as long as he takes after his World self. It's a bit of respect for games that legitimately tried to do something great with an old mascot, and for the sake of that workmanship I'll shut my mouth, even if I despise the character he evolved into. 

ewwwww I feel all

...optimistic

this is disgusting how do you guys live with yourselves

We're Sonic fans, we don't have that much optimism. :P

Grgghf.. 

*disgruntled grunting*

It's actually pretty cool...

Fucking Sakurai...

• Thumbs Up 3

Something they should have known better since the first Smash Bros when they included characters like Captain Falcon. And especially with WFT inclusion in this Smash Bros.

Has the lesson sunk in yet, people?

Yes yes, Sakurai's move set creativity is perfect and infallible.  I mean, who else could have made Ganondorf so amazing and unique?

Yes yes, Sakurai's move set creativity is perfect and infallible. I mean, who else could have made Ganondorf so amazing and unique?

Oh my, I don't know. But can you tell me who else can not only miss the point I was making but also try to invalidate it with a lame ass strawman?

Oh my, I don't know. But can you tell me who else can not only miss the point I was making but also try to invalidate it with a lame ass strawman?

I believe the correct answer to your retort is "everyone on the internet ever."

For the record, I was aiming for humor value more than I was trying to make a valid point.  I just found it annoying to see you rubbing it in peoples' faces with that "has the lesson sunk in?" line.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I personally just wasn't interested in Pac-Man.  I always understood that it was possible to make him playable and interesting, I just didn't like the thought of the developers putting the time and resources into Pac-Man when they could theoretically have planned that time for someone more interesting to me.

To put credit where it's due, Pac-Man did turn out pretty interesting actually.

What level, item or Final Smash is this?

screen-7.jpg

I feel like I've seen it before, but I don't seem to remember where.

Edit: Oh yeah, wanted to say this yesterday, but didn't feel like making a whole post about it:

Both box arts are ugly. Looks fan-made. Too bad, since Brawl's was really nice.

I believe the correct answer to your retort is "everyone on the internet ever."

Specifically, the correct answer was you, G-Force. It doesn't take rocket science to see the difference between "a character having a unique moveset" and "lol making a character a clone, how unique. I guess Sakurai's infallible" that you tried to strawman it as.

For the record, I was aiming for humor value more than I was trying to make a valid point.  I just found it annoying to see you rubbing it in peoples' faces with that "has the lesson sunk in?" line.

Because apparently people don't seem to understand how, after having characters whom have never had any semblance of fighting such as WFT and Captain Falcon, a moveset could be created for them as the claim there's no way a certain character would have a moveset themselves should they get in or that there's no potential for them. People said that shit about Rosalina earlier in this very topic a few hundred pages back, and she got in with a unique moveset; people said that about Pac-Man and now he's in with a unique moveset.

It never seems to occur to some people that people would understand it's possible to give them a unique moveset, and it's far more annoying to hear people say otherwise after already having several examples show otherwise. So you'd think it would have sunk in that it's possible for a character to have a unique moveset and that people would learn that at this point.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I personally just wasn't interested in Pac-Man.

And I personally don't care if you were interested in him or not. Pac-man isn't a character I'm even going to be playing anytime soon, but neither of us are the ones making the roster anyway. The whole point I'm making (or rather emphasizing) is that this whole "can't have a unique moveset" argument is nonsense, and Pac-man is one of several examples to make my case.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I wake up, not even realising I'd missed the Smash Bros roundtable thingy, and... MOTHERFUDGING PAC-MAN?!!! HOLY SHIT!

I must admit he wasn't my absolute number one must-have newcomer, but having seen him in action now - and to see him with his classic Pac-Man World design, along with brief appearances of super retro Pac-Man - just wow. This is amazing. Truly, this is going to be the biggest and best crossover game to date.

And you can customise any character too? It's a wonder they've managed to cram so many features into these titles, especially as they've had two versions to work with and the whole project was announced before Sakurai even knew about it! Very impressed!

• Thumbs Up 3

What else did they talk about in the round table? Is there a summary somewhere? But so happy with Pac Man's reveal.

GameXplain discussion about the roundtable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ5rrZBGFV4

Interesting that Mii Fighters are only playable with friends online, not with anyone - partly due to balance issues, but partly due to bullying and offensive issues as well.

>Bullying and offensive issues

more like because my Mii is HELLA FUCKING CUTE YO.

• Thumbs Up 4

@ChaosSupremeSonic:  Fucking WOW dude, that was unwarranted.  

Since you didn't pick up on it the first time, let me say it plainly.  IT WAS A JOKE.  MegasonicZX mentioned underestimating Sakurai's genius, you seemed to agree with the sentiment, I made a crack about Ganondorf, because his situation isn't quite so genius.  You rightfully called bull on me, so I admitted I was joking and explained why I made the joke.  I then expressed my opinions on Pac-Man as an attempt to affirm that I wasn't as bullshit as I originally came off.

HERE'S THE THING.  I explicitly said "I always understood that it was possible to make him playable and interesting."  In hindsight, I probably should have used the word "unique."  Regardless, I don't understand how that could be interpreted in a way that would justify your rant.

I don't disagree with you, I'm fully aware that anyone can be playable, that anyone can be interesting, and that anyone can be unique, and never intended to say anything to the contrary.  The only thought I have that could in any way differ is that I believe some characters have more potential than others, but...I think that's fair, and I don't think that's contrary to the point you're trying to make.

I'm trying my best to be as clear as I can, because this misunderstanding really pisses me off, and I hate the thought of just not responding and leaving it as shitty as it is, even though I feel like I'm making it worse.  It's 3 in the morning here now, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed, so if you want to respond then just send me a PM so we don't clog up the thread.

I'm trying my best to be as clear as I can, because this misunderstanding really pisses me off, and I hate the thought of just not responding and leaving it as shitty as it is, even though I feel like I'm making it worse.  It's 3 in the morning here now, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed, so if you want to respond then just send me a PM so we don't clog up the thread.

No, we'll just settle it right here.

I apologize for the aggression and misunderstanding. I knew you were joking, but actually thought your were still being provocative through it, hence why I responded because some parts of your post still came off as dismissive. So I just pounced on that.

In seeing that isn't the case, and understanding that we were actually on the same page, I definitely went overboard with it. So sorry about that...

Just a late heads up for those planning on attending Smash Fest @ Best Buy tomorrow - looks like the locations have been updated

http://e3.nintendo.com/smashfest/

Probably best to check via phone if you haven't already .. might be too late for some people heading out before their store opens ._. *guilty as charged, but I want the coin*

He did in his most recent leak about 40 minutes before the Digital Event.

There was a newer leak right before the Event? Where?

I have to admit this "leak" is getting more credence but sigh Chrom is so boring and Isaac is so.. not. I really want Isaac. I'm going to be disappointed aren't I... sob.

EDIT:

tumblr_n6zlz3CQ4E1r72ht7o1_500.gif

:D

• Thumbs Up 1

screen-2.jpg

That's the history of video games right there!

So after watching the reveal trailer, I'm REALLY pleased to see that Pac-Man looks like the iconic, adorable PacWorld design with a unique set of moves. Hell half of his moves are based on old school Namco stuff, that's great! And he even turns into old school Pac-Man for some of his moves, I love that! Now I'm one of those that doesn't really care for Pac-Man but still likes the old school game, and seeing him in SSB4, like this, is amazing. I never doubted you Sakurai! Neverrr!

Also, this pretty much confirms that leaked roster list is at least semi-legit. I do hope we get Lucina instead of Chrom however, because we need more female reps and she's much more interesting than Chrom!

Pac-Man looks pretty boss, and I think it's neat they're using his classic Pac-World design (though I wouldn't be surprised if the Ghostly Adventures design was a available skin) and using other classic Namco games for his moveset.

• Thumbs Up 2