Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I think the Trampoline disappearing as soon as someone is in its "hit-box area" causes a similar effect to how Kirby can activate his Up B or Nuetral B on a disappearing platform or sliding of one as soon as he lands somehow and be unable to recover because of It.

@Pac Man being a big deal: Oh, I understand how much of a big deal this is. It's neat, but other than that, I still can't really bring myself to give a damn. It's probably because I have literally no nostalgia for Pac Man whatsoever.

At least they unveiled Palutena, so I can be happy about that instead.

I agree that the Gematsu leak being more and more true is harming the mystery and hype of finding out new characters, but hopefully they haven't told us /everything/

Didn't you say there was another leak from them recently? Where was that?

-Last E3 before game's release.

-Participating characters:Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Pac-Man, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men (not "Mii Fighter" and "Goddess Palutena")

-Not sure if Lukas or Ness will be cut, leaning towards Lukas

-post-release character DLC

That's the leak.

@Pac Man being a big deal: Oh, I understand how much of a big deal this is. It's neat, but other than that, I still can't really bring myself to give a damn. It's probably because I have literally no nostalgia for Pac Man whatsoever.

That's kinda how I feel. Honestly, if they don't give Ganondorf a totally revamp I'm going to PISSED. Ganondorf deserves better than this, and if they go out of the way to make Mii's feel unique and don't do the same for Ganondorf... that's just seriously upsetting. Especially when Ganondorf has tons of potential.

It's not really about nostalgia.  I don't either.  I just think that they captured a character whom people presumed would be a really lame addition in a charming and fun way that expresses both the character's classic history and Namco's classic history really well.

For those who need help having Pac-Man's inclusion and what it means sink in a little;

http://a-world-of-our-very-own.tumblr.com/post/88460966929/battle-of-the-iconic-mascots

This gifset really helps drive the point home. This is fucking game history.

The first video game Mascot that paved the way for gaming, the renaissance man that brought gaming back into public consciousness again, the heated rival to said renaissance man that battled for dominance for nearly 10 years, and Mega Man

• Thumbs Up 2

-Last E3 before game's release.

-Participating characters:Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Pac-Man, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Men (not "Mii Fighter" and "Goddess Palutena")

-Not sure if Lukas or Ness will be cut, leaning towards Lukas

-post-release character DLC

That's the leak.

Is that from the same guy then? If it's true then oh boy... DLC...

Last year was just Mii, Pac-Man, WFT and Mega Man. The others came this year. I don't think Palutena was on the list either and Pokemon XY Pokemon was.

To me it's more guesswork. Name obvious characters getting in (Pacman, Mii) and name obvious contenders for being cut. Make the obvious assumption that post-DLC will be happening.

Now where's all my rumor candy?

• Thumbs Up 1

They just mentioned a 'couple' of characters they haven't announced yet.

Is that from the same guy then? If it's true then oh boy... DLC...

I know what you mean. I will be excited if this turns out to be true! Oh the fucking possibilities...

Super Smash Brothers U? More like Super CRASH THE U Brothers. 

...I got nothing. But still, they smashed too hard for the machine to handle. 

To me it's more guesswork. Name obvious characters getting in (Pacman, Mii) and name obvious contenders for being cut. Make the obvious assumption that post-DLC will be happening.

Now where's all my rumor candy?

I think its possible the person is involved in E3 (or perhaps is a media person getting info early) and saw the trailers early, and guessed some of the other obvious suggestions. But its hard to determine. The third leak was clearly right, and he also reiterated his previous statement of Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men (which was called under scrutiny due to not knowing the Pokemon from X/Y was Greninja; in fact, Greninja was decided long before X/Y actually was released).

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the smash stream is over, it was fun, some nice details:

-Little Mac's entrance to the stage has him in his pink suit, 

-Doc Louis appears on Little Mac's victory animation ~

-Mario's FS is unchanged

-Sonic can end his spin dash (or spin charge?) with a kick! which is really awesome, I'm gonna upload the video so you can see it in action.

-Characters now "tumble" when they run off ledges, which is a nice touch.

doclouislilmacssb_zps70077d97.png

lilmacentrance_zpsc378089b.png

EDIT: Attached Lil Macs pics so you can see before I upload the vid.

-Sonic can end his spin dash (or spin charge?) with a kick! which is really awesome, I'm gonna upload the video so you can see it in action.

...that's from Project M.

No, seriously. That is actually from Project M. Awesome stuff!

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont think it works the same way though. In project M he is sliding on the ground but here he's in the air with the kick. and it doesn't last long.

But I guess it's similar.

Video is still uploading in the meanwhile here's a pic,  hope it explains it somehow.

sonicspindashkick_zps2316e3ae.png

EDIT: Video is still processin' but it'll be live here soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzS9tkjfX2I&feature=youtu.be

For those of you who want to see it (the Lil Mac moment and Sonic spindash -> kick is in there)

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm really hoping his down B isn't the same as his side B again, but it's looking that way.

Posting this here, since this game is the reason for their existence: Those PDP Gamecube Classic Controllers:

ogmj8qlwzosjwsvl3u4d.jpg

They actually look really nice. Don't forget that they're Classic Controllers in function, as in they have to connect to the Wii Remote.

• Thumbs Up 9

If there's a choice of Ness or Lucas getting kicked.. I'm gonna be honest, I hope it's Lucas.

Lucas is a great character and MOTHER 3 is a masterpiece, but Ness has been a veteran since the first Smash. He's one of the original 12. Plus, his part in the MOTHER/EB series pretty much makes him one of, if not THE, most important protagonist in the entire series. Oh yeah, and his game was the only game that was released internationally (at least for now).. and well, EarthBound in itself is also a masterpiece so there's that too.

Say all you want of Ness having "no personality" while Lucas does (a load of crock TBH), but if Lucas makes it in past Ness, I'll be disappointed. :\

There's no way Ness is getting kicked, absolutely no way.

Mother 2 made the biggest impact of any Mother game and has the biggest legacy, Japan-or-not.

The question isn't of, "who's going, Ness or Lucas?" it's of "Is Lucas going, or is he staying?"

• Thumbs Up 1

Well video is finally up and yeah apparently it's dash attack, still pretty cool! you can check it at 6:55 - 6:59

Posting this here, since this game is the reason for their existence: Those PDP Gamecube Classic Controllers:

They actually look really nice. Don't forget that they're Classic Controllers in function, as in they have to connect to the Wii Remote.

Man nintendo is going to be dominating my wallet and my sanity for the next year.