Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Posting this here, since this game is the reason for their existence: Those PDP Gamecube Classic Controllers:

They actually look really nice. Don't forget that they're Classic Controllers in function, as in they have to connect to the Wii Remote.

Are those three the only kinds to be made or are more made but not in the picture or are more kinds planned to be made? I really want a Luigi, Waluigi, or Wario styled controller.

There's no way Ness is getting kicked, absolutely no way.

Mother 2 made the biggest impact of any Mother game and has the biggest legacy, Japan-or-not.

The question isn't of, "who's going, Ness or Lucas?" it's of "Is Lucas going, or is he staying?"

Don't forget the incredibly important fact that Earthbound was recently re-released so it's now relevant again.

Are those three the only kinds to be made or are more made but not in the picture or are more kinds planned to be made? I really want a Luigi, Waluigi, or Wario styled controller.

Don't forget the incredibly important fact that Earthbound was recently re-released so it's now relevant again.

Oh, geeze, I didn't even think of posting the source. Sorry:

Along with the forthcoming adapter that'll let people play Super Smash Bros on Wii U with their old GameCube controllers, the peripheral company PDP is making some custom GameCube-style controllers for Nintendo's new console. We saw them today, and they look just lovely.

Stephen Totilo and I found the three controllers, officially named the "wired fight pad," on the show floor at E3 today. They were on display with matching wiimotes, though the wiimotes are official Nintendo products, not made by PDP.

Vital stats: The PDP reps said that all three controllers will be a limited run, and will be available for pre-order at Gamestop starting now. I can't find them on the Gamestop site, so who knows how limited they are or when orders are officially open, but it sounds like it'll be soon. The PDP site lists them as going for $24.99.

The controllers differ from a classic GameCube controller in a few ways - they have two matching thumbsticks, they have two shoulder buttons and a "home" button, which will let them work much like a Wii classic controller pro. As for the wiimotes, the Yoshi wiimote will only be available in Europe, and the other two will be available in North America at least.

http://kotaku.com/the-new-wii-u-gamecube-controllers-are-super-hot-1588991448?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

More pictures there, but nothing on other designs.

Smashboards is making me cry.

Anyway the game looks good, but it looks like a lot of the attacks have ridiculously high knockback, or really high damage. Characters get launched really early because they build percent early, but it's also weird because it looks like it takes a long time for KOs to happen. So here we have this instance where combos and follow-ups look difficult to do because of the high knockback, and then moves that usually would be killing moves...don't kill.

Hopefully Sakurai fixes some of this stuff up so the game won't feel too awkward, but he has until October for the 3DS version and even longer than that for Wii U.

Smashboards is making me cry.

Anyway the game looks good, but it looks like a lot of the attacks have ridiculously high knockback, or really high damage. Characters get launched really early because they build percent early, but it's also weird because it looks like it takes a long time for KOs to happen. So here we have this instance where combos and follow-ups look difficult to do because of the high knockback, and then moves that usually would be killing moves...don't kill.

Hopefully Sakurai fixes some of this stuff up so the game won't feel too awkward, but he has until October for the 3DS version and even longer than that for Wii U.

Lol why is Smashboards making you cry? Admittedly, I've lost a lot of my hype. The only thing that can restore it at this point is seeing another character not on the leak or Ganondorf getting announced with a fully revamped moveset. If Ganondorf doesn't get a new moveset but we've got F---ING Mii's with their own movesets, I WILL cry.

Lol why is Smashboards making you cry? Admittedly, I've lost a lot of my hype. The only thing that can restore it at this point is seeing another character not on the leak or Ganondorf getting announced with a fully revamped moveset. If Ganondorf doesn't get a new moveset but we've got F---ING Mii's with their own movesets, I WILL cry.

I was surprised by the overwhelming negativity from a lot of them, a lot of "Brawl 2.0" and whatnot. And it made me start second-guessing what I saw, so I looked at more gameplay, and came to the conclusion I did up there. The only way to confirm my suspicions is to play the game myself, which I'm hoping to do.

Just to let you know they just finished with Bayonetta and they'll show up Smash for the 3DS next, anytime now!

I was surprised by the overwhelming negativity from a lot of them, a lot of "Brawl 2.0" and whatnot. And it made me start second-guessing what I saw, so I looked at more gameplay, and came to the conclusion I did up there. The only way to confirm my suspicions is to play the game myself, which I'm hoping to do.

Oh yeah, I saw those. I never had any problem with Brawl honestly. And from what I heard, Brawl was "Melee 2.0" in early development. I never really got all the hate for Brawl, and Nintendo are taking a lot of notes on how to make new improvements which is huge. I'm not worried about the gameplay or game modes at all.

Its the roster I'm worried about. -_-

I honestly didn't even realize there was a difference between the two, besides characters, stages, music, a couple mechanics etc.

Are people really complaining about Smash 4? Are these people who've played it..? I thought it was looking like a big improvement over Brawl, competitive wise, so far.

Still, it really sounds like Nintendo are listening to competitive feedback, I think it's important to them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Are people really complaining about Smash 4? Are these people who've played it..? I thought it was looking like a big improvement over Brawl, competitive wise, so far.

Still, it really sounds like Nintendo are listening to competitive feedback, I think it's important to them.

From the tournament footage we saw it already looks like a really big step up from brawl in terms of speed and mechanics so I don't know what there is to complain about besides some character balancing.

Yeah, a lot of Melee players are complaining about it not being as much like Melee, including at least one of the tournament participants. Some of the others seem to like how Nintendo is actively asking for feedback. And its not just them merely asking for feedback, either, they're literally WRITING IT DOWN. (Naturally the people complaining are saying it doesn't matter because there's no way they can balance these things in the amount of time remaining.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, a lot of Melee players are complaining about it not being as much like Melee, including at least one of the tournament participants. Some of the others seem to like how Nintendo is actively asking for feedback. And its not just them merely asking for feedback, either, they're literally WRITING IT DOWN. (Naturally the people complaining are saying it doesn't matter because there's no way they can balance these things in the amount of time remaining.)

I always imagined it'd be between Melee and Brawl not all the way back to Melee again. If it's much better than Brawl, why are people complaining a lot? I dunno.

Also it totes will make a difference, the game can be patched. Brawl was hacked. by fans. years after it came out. they made it competitive. I'm sure Nintendo of all people can tweak their own game enough if fans can do it.

I always imagined it'd be between Melee and Brawl not all the way back to Melee again. If it's much better than Brawl, why are people complaining a lot? I dunno.

Also it totes will make a difference, the game can be patched. Brawl was hacked. by fans. years after it came out. they made it competitive. I'm sure Nintendo of all people can tweak their own game enough if fans can do it.

Another complaint is "yeah, they could patch it, but I doubt they would. I'd be happy if it was patched, though."

Most are saying its Brawl 2.0. Some others have stated its between Brawl and Melee, but its about 80% Brawl, 10% Melee, 10% new.

Lots of people are saying it's pretty much Brawl but faster and with slightly longer hitstun. So what you think of the game pretty much depends on what you thought of Brawl.

That is kind of a shame but at least it's genuinely an improvement from Brawl, a game I personally loved.

Can't remember if this has been said anywhere already, so just in case - you can customise your characters in the 3DS version (for use in matches with friends) and then when the Wii U version comes out, you can simply transfer those customised characters over to that system and use them straight off the bat rather than have to re-customise them all over again. Pretty neat!

Well the 3DS version stream is over, and it was Smash Run again, but on the plus side we get to see the Egg Robo in action (actually seems pretty powerful, fires a huge blast)

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see how it's basically Brawl 2.0 considering how fast it looks. At times during that tournament it looked almost as fast as Melee. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently a Rhythm Heaven enemy. (From GAF)

Oh god, you know what this means

HERE COME THE CHORUS MEN

THE LEAKS WERE REAAAAAAAL

...maybe

Apparently a Rhythm Heaven enemy. (From GAF)

Oh, dear. The enemies found in Smash Run, as far as we know, are all from games with playable smashers, right?

Just saw that on Smashboards.

Oh, dear. The enemies found in Smash Run, as far as we know, are all from games with playable smashers, right?

RIDLEY AND K ROOL KONFIRMED!

I dunno. Ridley and K. Rool's subordinates are in Smash Run, so... :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit. I don't fully recognise that from Rhythm Heaven, does anyone else? I can't think of what else it could be from though.

Either way... god damn. Maybe.. that leak really is real.

EDIT: Also isn't it very possible the screenshot is fake?

EDIT2: Guys, what video is that from?

Holy shit. I don't fully recognise that from Rhythm Heaven, does anyone else? I can't think of what else it could be from though.

Either way... god damn. Maybe.. that leak really is real.

EDIT: Also isn't it very possible the screenshot is fake?

It's from this. 

It's from the IGN Stream apparently. 

• Thumbs Up 1