Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

So Sonic seems to have a new Down Smash:

http://youtu.be/7t15CBHgOD4?t=2m6s

It looks like a split kick. 

That is so awesome! glad Sakurai while not changing his special moveset is adding some new moves and touches : 3 and that new Down Smash is def cooler in my book.

As long as his "ball moves" (lol) are reduced to just Down B, Side B ( preferably a new side B  )  and a few others, I'm okay with it. Although having lots of moves where he turns into a ball made him a bit harder to read.

EDIT:

Seeing that video again, I gotta say the new "get smacked in the screen kill" is a lot better now, before pretty much everyone had the same type of pose, now they come in really awesome and funny positions. Also gotta say I'm so gonna enjoy Sonic, he seems to be buffed up quite nicely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Megaman's Final Smash in its true glory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygzpiekIzAo

• Thumbs Up 1

The new Dsmash is like a slightly slower Fox Dsmash. It looks like it has KO potential though.

Btw, Aerial Spin Charge is FAST. Sonic falls at about a 60 degree trajectory as opposed to 30 degrees from Braawl, but it's speed was like tripled. Sonic's going to be hitting the earth quickly and safely no matter what option he uses.

I also love how Sonic Dair beats damn near everything now.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of weaker characters have been buffed... Perhaps a bit too much, but they're still balancing it.

Look who's playing smash tonight

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230618-conan-o-brien-plays-smash-bros-wii-u-tonight

Conan O'Brien plays Smash Bros. Wii U tonight
Click Here to View Story

#CluelessGamer: @ConanOBrien plays #Nintendo's new #SuperSmashBros for #WiiU tonight, 11p/10c @TBSVeryFunny http://t.co/yP6lNRusJs— Team Coco (@TeamCoco) June 11, 2014

this is going to be fun

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way guys does anyone know any good E3 reaction videos for any of the character reveals?

What competitive Smash Players are griping about is that Smash 4 is lacking a lot of movement options for aggressive play. When they say stuff like Wavedashing, or L canceling, they're just using specific terms for moves that give you movement options. However, in Smash 4, a lot of the game leans on being defensive and playing out your opponent with mind games that easily punish those who attempt an aggressive approach. 

This can be fun to play if you are of that mindset, but it sure as hell is not fun to spectate, and many competitive players realize how that cripples our presence in the tourney scene. Many competitive players are tired of only having one official game that gives you options for both offensive and defensive. Project M was a fine thing and all, but it can never be sponsored by Nintendo; never can go on to the big leagues like MLG. It remains an underground resort, and to competitive players that's frustrating.

The invitationals fun was that we knew it would be a casual tournament mostly, and that this was a step in finding representation with Nintendo. That was satisfying; but if this game continues with this approach, once the magic of it's newness disappears, it will go like Brawl did and disappear. 

And it's not like adding some extra balance to physics and mechanics will hurt casual play. To be honest, I don't want another Melee, because the game's physics were way too complex to master. It was a very high barrier to entry. Brawl's barrier to entry was lower, but the game just had such a low ceiling for experimentation outside of defensive play that it just became very predictable to do anything in the game.

By the way guys does anyone know any good E3 reaction videos for any of the character reveals?

Here's one for the Palutena reveal with Pokemon players shofu, RogersBase and DuncanKneeDeep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYptsyM8n1E

OMG THEY SAID ON THAT REACTION VIDEO THAT THEY KNEW WHO MADE THE PALUTENA "LEAK" AND IT WASN'T REAL.

So much shock today

Wait so is the Gamecube controller bizz just a Classic Controller skin or that adapter thing we saw earlier.

Wait so is the Gamecube controller bizz just a Classic Controller skin or that adapter thing we saw earlier.

These are separate. The Classic Controller GC skins attach to a Wiimote and are done by a third party in collaboration with Nintendo. Nintendo are also releasing an actual GC multitab and releasing a special Smash-themed GC controller though.

These are separate. The Classic Controller GC skins attach to a Wiimote and are done by a third party in collaboration with Nintendo. Nintendo are also releasing an actual GC multitab and releasing a special Smash-themed GC controller though.

Well alrighty then. Shouldn't everyone just make GCN controllers for the adapter then?

I supposed this is a good alternative since the CCP and CC have been discontinued.

This is an actual GC controller that will work the original GC and any adapters made for it

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-controller/115424

This is a classic controller made by a 3rd party company working with Nintendo that's made to look like a GC controller.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-fight-pad-controller-peach/115422

Well alrighty then. Shouldn't everyone just make GCN controllers for the adapter then?

This is just conjecture here, but I think the third party developers for those classic controllers might not have known an adaptor was coming when they started production.

Using a wired GCN controller feels like the way to go. Not only won't batteries be an issue, but there should be less input lag, which I feel matters in any game, especially a competitive one. 

EpKAyb9.png?1

The thanks Nintendo gets for inviting PeachyHime to try out their in-progress game in their tournament.

At least others provided constructive criticism everywhere they went.

However, it does appear that characters have a bit too much endlag in everything they do. Not something a simple data number alteration can't fix though, hopefully.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, when it comes the whole Gematsu link thing, I don't trust it one bit, and even if it is true, its definitely not all knowing, and a lot of it could have been good guessing(for example Sakurai confirmed that the entire roster has been known and chosen since the beginning, so now knowing that greninja was the new pokemon was enough to put it in doubt), and even if it is true, the guy obviously doesn't have high level access

The trick is that if he does have any true 'source', there are only a handful of ways he could know:

1) is a balance tester, however since its a team of 12, and they would be in extreme trouble if they got found out, that is unlikely

2)producer/editor for Nintendo directs; unlikely, since we don't know how far ahead of time they are planned

3)Bandai-Namco extra development hand; again, NDA's, and job security make this unlikely

4)Random Bandai-Namco worker who found a partial roster list; extremely unlikely

Fact is that someone capable of getting this info probably wouldn't be willing to risk his/her job

Yeah, in short, your choice is either an original Gamecube Pad that will have the least input lag but only be compatible with games designed to support the GC -> Wii U adapter, or a Gamecube shaped classic controller that may have lag due to wireless but will work on any Wii U or Wii game that supports the Classic Controller (which would include Brawl played through the virtual Wii Menu though, of course).

I'll be going for the original wired pad, not due to any care for input lag, but simply because my old ones are knackered and could do with some brand new ones lol.  Also Smash is literally the only game where I feel I -need- a GC pad for it.

I think this could confuse casual consumers picking up a random pad to play Smash with friends. They could easily pick up a wired GCN controller (if they are put stand-alone into circulation) when they thought it would just go in their Wiimote. Hell I even got confused when I saw these.

Those figures lookin' hot doe. Need dat Link

Honestly, when it comes the whole Gematsu link thing, I don't trust it one bit, and even if it is true, its definitely not all knowing, and a lot of it could have been good guessing(for example Sakurai confirmed that the entire roster has been known and chosen since the beginning, so now knowing that greninja was the new pokemon was enough to put it in doubt), and even if it is true, the guy obviously doesn't have high level access

I understand it's not an absolutely 100% trustworthy source, but come on

one guy predicted Mii, Little Mac, Palutena, Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and probably Chorus Man.

There's no way someone can correctly guess all those, especially the last four, most Smash fans would never have seen some of these coming and WFT/Chorus Man are hardly widely requested character.

I would say that the Gematsu leak is at least some level of legit, Wii Fit Trainer was an amazing "guess", Chorus Man put it way past the realms of "guessing".

• Thumbs Up 5

I understand it's not an absolutely 100% trustworthy source, but come on

one guy predicted Mii, Little Mac, Palutena, Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and probably Chorus Man.

There's no way someone can correctly guess all those, especially the last four, most Smash fans would never have seen some of these coming and WFT/Chorus Man are hardly widely requested character.

I would say that the Gematsu leak is at least some level of legit, Wii Fit Trainer was an amazing "guess", Chorus Man put it way past the realms of "guessing".

That's just it though, we haven't seen chorus man, and the rest aren't out of the realm of possibility, its seriously a wait and see thing, and whoever it is doesn't know everything, for all we know there could be twice as many newcomers as he/she knows about 

That's just it though, we haven't seen chorus man, and the rest aren't out of the realm of possibility, its seriously a wait and see thing, and whoever it is doesn't know everything, for all we know there could be twice as many newcomers as he/she knows about 

Chorus Man is like 90% confirmed, a Rhythm Heaven "enemy" appears in Smash Run and that series is far too obscure to have enemies in Smash Run for any other reason.

I reacted very strongly to Pac-Man's lack of a reveal in the Digital Event when all we saw was Palutena. Quite funny in context. I posted up a combined reaction to Mii Fighter and Palutena. I didn't record Pac-Man because it wasn't live streamed.