Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

I think this could confuse casual consumers picking up a random pad to play Smash with friends. They could easily pick up a wired GCN controller (if they are put stand-alone into circulation) when they thought it would just go in their Wiimote. Hell I even got confused when I saw these.

Those figures lookin' hot doe. Need dat Link

Honestly, when it comes the whole Gematsu link thing, I don't trust it one bit, and even if it is true, its definitely not all knowing, and a lot of it could have been good guessing(for example Sakurai confirmed that the entire roster has been known and chosen since the beginning, so now knowing that greninja was the new pokemon was enough to put it in doubt), and even if it is true, the guy obviously doesn't have high level access

I understand it's not an absolutely 100% trustworthy source, but come on

one guy predicted Mii, Little Mac, Palutena, Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and probably Chorus Man.

There's no way someone can correctly guess all those, especially the last four, most Smash fans would never have seen some of these coming and WFT/Chorus Man are hardly widely requested character.

I would say that the Gematsu leak is at least some level of legit, Wii Fit Trainer was an amazing "guess", Chorus Man put it way past the realms of "guessing".

I understand it's not an absolutely 100% trustworthy source, but come on

one guy predicted Mii, Little Mac, Palutena, Villager, Mega Man, Pac Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and probably Chorus Man.

There's no way someone can correctly guess all those, especially the last four, most Smash fans would never have seen some of these coming and WFT/Chorus Man are hardly widely requested character.

I would say that the Gematsu leak is at least some level of legit, Wii Fit Trainer was an amazing "guess", Chorus Man put it way past the realms of "guessing".

That's just it though, we haven't seen chorus man, and the rest aren't out of the realm of possibility, its seriously a wait and see thing, and whoever it is doesn't know everything, for all we know there could be twice as many newcomers as he/she knows about 

That's just it though, we haven't seen chorus man, and the rest aren't out of the realm of possibility, its seriously a wait and see thing, and whoever it is doesn't know everything, for all we know there could be twice as many newcomers as he/she knows about 

Chorus Man is like 90% confirmed, a Rhythm Heaven "enemy" appears in Smash Run and that series is far too obscure to have enemies in Smash Run for any other reason.

By the way guys does anyone know any good E3 reaction videos for any of the character reveals?

I reacted very strongly to Pac-Man's lack of a reveal in the Digital Event when all we saw was Palutena. Quite funny in context. I posted up a combined reaction to Mii Fighter and Palutena. I didn't record Pac-Man because it wasn't live streamed.

Just got back from playing!

They let each group of 4 do two matches, so first round I played as Sonic to see if he was different. He's a bit more powerful, and I think they might have slowed him down a tad even. Most of his moves seemed to function all the same EXCEPT his side-B spindash. It has less of an arc, and when the arc is done (mid-air I'm talking), you go at like a 45 degree angle downward pretty rapidly. Wound up getting KO'd due to it since I wasn't expecting it to be nerfed so much. I got 2nd place that round though still and was awesome haha.

Second match I tried Mega Man and he's pretty rad. Clunky would be the wrong word, but he felt definitely like, weapon-oriented, as he naturally should be. It really works, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I didn't find too many combos with him in the 2 minutes I had hands on with him. However I got his Final Smash right at the last 20 seconds and won, with the entire crowd yelling and doing that shit the announcer guy freaked out about last night at the invitational looool.

Lastly while I was waiting in line, there was someone with 3DS's strapped to them with the 3DS version of the game. Someone handed me the game out of frustration, so I got to play as Pikachu in Smash Run. All I can really say is that it's fucking hard, harder than I thought it'd be, and I kinda like it like that. Everyone won't be super beefed up that way.

I'm really looking forward to the game after playing today. It's faster than Brawl but not as crazy heavy as Melee. It's like a perfect balance I feel and I'm really thinking this will be the best installment of the series yet.

EDIT: Also doing the "YER TEW SLOOOW" taunt after you KO someone still doesn't get old

Most competitive/Melee fans completely disagree with you.

Most competitive/Melee fans completely disagree with you.

Hey now, don't speak our words for us. It's true, we think it is sluggish, but I've explained what that means. All the same, we're not stopping the man from enjoying the game. If we cared about bringing down his hype, we would've responded about how the mechanics have changed for the worse.

Hey now, don't speak our words for us. It's true, we think it is sluggish, but I've explained what that means. All the same, we're not stopping the man from enjoying the game. If we cared about bringing down his hype, we would've responded about how the mechanics have changed for the worse.

You're not doing that. I wasn't referring to you.

at 5:09, on the roster there, is that ROB in the bottom right? Might be the Miis though

Mii. Greninja'd.

Just got to try both versions briefly, here are my thoughts.

I first got to try the 3DS version while waiting in line.  It was supposed to be a Smash Run demo, but I got ripped off and just had to play the fight at the tail end of someone else's game.  I was Greninja, and I played on the Spirit Tracks stage.  It was a fun stage and Greninja is a cool character.  Pretty standard Smash experience, but with one problem: the little handheld screen really makes it harder to follow what's going on as opposed to a full TV.  And that was on the XL, so I fear it'll be a real eyesore on my tiny normal 3DS screen.  It wasn't a deal breaker though.  Still fun stuff.

I then tried the Wii U version as the Villager.  Villager is silly as hell and really fun to play as.  We went on the Wily Castle stage - and let me tell ya, out of the selection of stages, that was probably the worst choice, because it was awful.  Yellow Devil shows up way too often and takes up way too much of the stage when his parts fly around, and with four players it was an absolute clusterfuck.  I stuck around to watch some other matches though, and the rest of the stages looked a lot better and a lot more manageable.  The Colosseum stage in particular looked very fun, simple yet not boring.

So I wish I picked a different stage and I'm a bit worried about the 3DS visuals, but other than that, it's Smash Bros.  It's awesome.  I'm gonna get it, you're gonna get it.  There's no doubt in my mind that the 3DS version will be inferior, while the Wii U version will be my "true" Smash experience, but I'm still gonna get both.  

So I got to play both versions of Smash 4, and I gotta say, it was loads of fun!

So lets start with the Wii U version. The Wii U version is your traditional Smash in about every sense of the word. I ha to use the Pro controller(which I'm not too familiar with) and I still got the hang of it pretty quickly. Everything feels right. The game definitely is faster than brawl, and hit knock outs are a lot simpler to pull off. So dodging of course is still pivotal. My first round, I used Wii Fit Trainer, and did fairly well with her.  She's really fun to use, and with practice, I can see her being a main of mine. her specials can really help  you in tight situations imo. 

My second round I went with Sonic. And WOW they really improved him! He deals more damage, he doesn't use the spindash for everything, an his SS final smash is shorter. I don't feel like he's as abuseable and cheap either as he was in brawl. Can't wait for the full version to release so I can play with Toon Link again!

The 3DS version only had Smash Run, and boy is it challenging! Mainly due to the layout of some of the attacks and whatnot, so I blame it on not having a clear idea of the controls. But I still did decent. Again I used Sonic, and he still feels about the same in terms of strength and skill in this version as he does in the Wii U one. My only problem is that the dodge move has been moved to the Right Trigger. I've mainly been using a Wii controller and nunchuck for Brawl with the nunchuck in my left hand, so I always was comfortable with the dodge on the left side. Hopefully I can edit controls. But aside from that I ha fun. I just need more practice.

All in all, it's still fun and addicting like Smash Bros. has always been! Can't wait to get the 3DS version this October! (and maybe the Wii U one Christmas.)

So I wish I picked a different stage and I'm a bit worried about the 3DS visuals, but other than that, it's Smash Bros.  It's awesome.  I'm gonna get it, you're gonna get it.  There's no doubt in my mind that the 3DS version will be inferior, while the Wii U version will be my "true" Smash experience, but I'm still gonna get both.  

You don't speak for me sir!

*saves money aggressively*

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/first-thoughts-super-smash-bros-wii-u-perspective-competitive-player-e3/

This is a players thoughts on how smash 4 is at the moment from his own experience, figure it'd be somewhat relevant here for the more competitive people since it sounds like its almost there but the game isn't quite there yet with the mechanics as is right now so hopefully sakurai and the rest of the development team take this stuff to heart and make some more adjustments to the game before release.

Apparently Petlil and Cryogonal are also enemy Pokemon in Smash Run.

I'll get back with Nintendo later for making mah boi Cryogonal an enemy, but Petlil? That's quite random.