Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I don't see what the problem is. It'd be fine if she worded it in a way like "I don't mind Brawl but I prefer Project M." But the way she said it was incredibly condescending. Its not her saying she's not fully liking this game at this point, its the way she said it that's the problem.

No it's not? She had an exhausting day and vented on her personal accounts and people spying on her on the internet took what she said personally and harassed her for it? It wasn't even condescending it was an opinion and then she said she was homesick so she clearly wasn't in the happiest mood.

Her giving her opinion on the game and not wording it perfectly isn't the problem, her being harassed by "fans" is the problem.

What is this the "people aren't allowed to post on their personal pages when they're sad or they are inviting people to harass them" hour?

• Thumbs Up 2

No it's not? She had an exhausting day and vented on her personal accounts and people spying on her on the internet took what she said personally and harassed her for it? It wasn't even condescending it was an opinion and then she said she was homesick so she clearly wasn't in the happiest mood.

Her giving her opinion on the game and not wording it perfectly isn't the problem, her being harassed by "fans" is the problem.

What is this the "people aren't allowed to post on their personal pages when they're sad or they are inviting people to harass them" hour?

People going out an harassing her isn't good, no. That's just stupid. I suppose she just had a long day, I can see that.

People going out an harassing her isn't good, no. That's just stupid. I suppose she just had a long day, I can see that.

She's pretty young, she flew up to LA and can't play Smash with the people she's used to Smashing with or on Project M, she waited around all day playing a game that was promised to be more competitive and it underwhelmed her, she makes a personal post on her facebook saying she wasn't super looking forward to it largely because she (and other competitive Smashers) think that SSB4's release will lead to C&Ds on Project M, and the internet pounced.

I don't care how "condescending" you think she (or other Invitees) were being, I can't help but feel extremely uncomfortable when people are screencapping personal posts from a regular-frickin-person's social network and posting them up in the internet for the sole purpose of scrutiny.

People are being very rude by spreading bitching about people with social anxiety behind their backs for something so trivial, as if something like this has a bearing on her whole character or person and is deemed worthy of public scrutiny in the first place. Gg.

/raaant

• Thumbs Up 4

Remember that competitive Smasher who rudely challenged Sakurai to a match? He was joking with him:

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-thank-you-and-an-apology.358000/#post-16885911

I asked the question to Sakurai after he acknowledged me in the audience with one of the invitational character placards (ZSS) and Toronto Joe who was next to me had already asked the major question we both wanted to know the answer to (what are his plans for the future of competitive Smash, to which he said that's mostly up to Nintendo). it was asked in good fun and he responded in the same way, then at the end I asked if we could play anyway. He said he'd think about it, which was funny and nice. The vibe was all positive and not rude at all, I did it to see how he'd respond and in a polite way. There's a vid somewhere.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Remember that competitive Smasher who rudely challenged Sakurai to a match? He was joking with him:

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-thank-you-and-an-apology.358000/#post-16885911

Seems like there's generally a stigma of "anti-competitive Smash players" in the air sometimes with all these things being given entirely negative spins. I really hope the misunderstandings calm the heckeroo down now.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't see how Smash 4 would lead to a C&D on Project M. They aren't making money off of it and you need to own a copy of Brawl to play it. That, and Nintendo would've requested a C&D a loooooong time ago.

Luigi's final smash isn't death stare.

I am disappoint Sakurai.

So, any wagers on when the Wii U will be out? I'm guessing late November (Rip Sonic Boom). Though the original release date for 3D World was December so that's a possibility too.

I don't see how Smash 4 would lead to a C&D on Project M. They aren't making money off of it and you need to own a copy of Brawl to play it. That, and Nintendo would've requested a C&D a loooooong time ago.

Not sure how they work but don't they normally need permission from nintendo to host tournaments with project M and all that jazz? They might be scared of nintendo shutting down the tournaments to get more publicity for smash 4 but I doubt that nintendo would do that anyway.

I can see why all the hype about K.Rool is so popular. We could have not only a four major icon battle, but also a 4 Evil King Duel.

Bowser Vs. King Dedede Vs. Ganondorf Vs. K.Rool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Luigi's final smash isn't death stare.

I am disappoint Sakurai.

So, any wagers on when the Wii U will be out? I'm guessing late November (Rip Sonic Boom). Though the original release date for 3D World was December so that's a possibility too.

I'm thinking a Christmas release would be ideal for tweaking of the game.

First or second week of December, I'd guess.

End of November at the very earliest.

If Project M is a threat to Smash 4's success by any stretch of the imagination Nintendo will shut it right down. A threat would be like players more encouraged to play Project M instead of Smash 4, the new product Nintendo obviously wants people to care about. This is why Nintendo as a whole refuse to acknowledge that the mod exists, and is why the PM team aren't going to be adding Smash 4 characters to Project M, which would practically be painting a target on themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Project M is a threat to Smash 4's success by any stretch of the imagination Nintendo will shut it right down. A threat would be like players more encouraged to play Project M instead of Smash 4, the new product Nintendo obviously wants people to care about. This is why Nintendo as a whole refuse to acknowledge that the mod exists, and is why the PM team aren't going to be adding Smash 4 characters to Project M, which would practically be painting a target on themselves.

True, at the same time shutting it down will cause a lot of controversy. Remember the backlash over the evo2013 incident.

Yeah, but I feel like Nintendo are more within their rights to protect their product when it comes to Project M. Melee was still a game they created, and I'm still not sure why they tried to keep it from the spotlight when both it and Brawl were still getting attention.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, but I feel like Nintendo are more within their rights to protect their product when it comes to Project M. Melee was still a game they created, and I'm still not sure why they tried to keep it from the spotlight when both it and Brawl were still getting attention.

True. I don't know why ether.

That said if it does get a C&D It won't kill the game, Hell it won't stop people from downloading it through less legal means.

I can see why all the hype about K.Rool is so popular. We could have not only a four major icon battle, but also a 4 Evil King Duel.

I agree with this heavily 

Also, with regards to release, the reason for the vague holiday 2014 release is due to balancing, which means if they manage to finish balancing SSB43DS early, while that still has a fixed date(in part likely to cartridge production), they may also finish SSB4WiiU early

if they run into no problems we could have it as early as the beginning of November, or a as late as say a week or two before Christmas(because they know they HAVE to have it by then). They know earlier it is ready, sooner it will release, and the hype will grow much much bigger

Don't forget.

Melee: Trouble King

Brawl: 2 Trouble Kings

Wii U/3DS: 3 Trouble Kings

Its the perfect trend. :D

Seems like there's generally a stigma of "anti-competitive Smash players" in the air sometimes with all these things being given entirely negative spins. I really hope the misunderstandings calm the heckeroo down now.

Its due to the frickin' vocal minority that keep ranting about it. I'm trying not to be anti-competitive Smash, but a lot of players are complaining about specific small little details that the grand majority of players don't see and don't care about. And a lot of them act self-entitled, as if Sakurai is PURPOSELY ruining things for them, when that's nothing of the sort.

This is especially evident on Smashboards. One major factor here is that this whole thing started in the whole "Melee vs. Brawl" debate, and things started getting heated up on Smashboards again. However, it has calmed down a bit now, and the more competitive players are taking a more constructive criticism approach to it instead now.

Sakurai wanted a more simplistic game that many people can get into. I don't understand why a game can't be simple but still competitive. Now yes, I do understand Sakurai did target competitive play with tripping, but he's pulling back on all of that now and trying to embrace competitive play a bit more. But its never going to be the same as Melee, the gameplay is still going to be more simplistic but not target competitive play at all.

Ironically, Sakurai is taking a lot of pointers from Project M, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see DLC costumes later on (I don't care what people think, not ever character is going to get their own moveset, and I think Sakurai may very much consider DLC reskins) and perhaps DLC to bring back characters like Roy and Lucas/Ness (if one of them gets cut).

I don't think Project M will get a C&D because its mostly niche.

With the advent of custom moves, I wouldn't be surprised if some characters get the boot because the original now has the option to use those moves.

I.E. Fox with the custom moveset of Reflector Kick, Flinching Blaster, and Fox Phantasm. Good Game, Falco.

This could be an easy solution for giving characters the boot.

And yet, Toon Link is still there :/

I'd take "clones" with more moveset individuality over Toon Link. I don't hate Toon Link but the idea of him being in where other clones that actually have tons of different moves (like Lucas) might be cut kinda annoys me.

• Thumbs Up 3

And yet, Toon Link is still there :/

I'd take "clones" with more moveset individuality over Toon Link. I don't hate Toon Link but the idea of him being in where other clones that actually have tons of different moves (like Lucas) might be cut kinda annoys me.

Well... here's the problem with Toon Link.

Toon Link is half Link's height. All other clones are the same height and build as the character they're based on. Character customization is now confirmed to allow for improving things like weight and speed, which makes those changes in a character COMPLETELY irrelevant, same goes for actual special attacks which have 3 customization options each.

Wolf I can see sticking around over Falco and getting new specials, but Falco is way too close to Fox. Lucas, likewise, is way too close to Ness. I don't think their moveset speed is even all that different. So either Lucas or Ness stays, and unless Mother 3 gets ported (and considering the teaser in the Digital Event, I'd be surprised if they weren't working on a Mother 3 port), Lucas is probably out. But who knows? They might boot Ness instead.

Which also makes the argument about Jigglypuff being one of the Original 12 irrelevant. That's literally the only thing saving her from being cut in favor of Mewtwo, who is far more popular. I'm really expecting Jigglypuff to be on low priority right now, and if she isn't done by the game is out she'll probably get cut and added later as DLC.

The Devoted has been confirmed by Best Buy participants to be on the Fire Emblem Coliseum stage.

As for the 3DS, Arena Ferox is packing Id~Purpose, awesomely.

Since the 3DS contains only two tracks per stage, I'm gonna guess Conquest is also on Arena Ferox.

Smash Run related, Koffing joins Petlil and Cryogonal as enemy Pokemon.

Fun note, Ridley isn't too big for Amiibo

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=230788

IGN - Nintendo talks Amiibo - multiple uses, new sets for new games, Miis, continuing after 3DS/Wii U

Jun 12, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

- take the Mario amiibo and use it in Smash Bros. and other games that Mario appears in
- use the Smash Bros. Mario figure in Mario Kart 8
- use the same Mario figure in Mario Party 10
- Nintendo is looking at having all of the figures usable across a lot of Nintendo titles
- the data within the Amiibo is split up between particular games and the basic info of what character the figurine is
- this is how data is stored in the figure
- the Smash Bros. Mario Amiibo will be act as a simple Mario figure in other games
- considering how they can implement Mii designs into an Amiibo
- Mr. Miyamoto already has an Amiibo based off his Mii
- considering custom Miis
- plan is to have an Amiibo for every Smash Bros. character
- probably won't prepare an Amiibo for every IP
- probably will prepare a more standard Mario family line of amiibo characters
- these could also work with Mario Party 10 or potentially with Mario Kart 8
- haven't decided what will happen when you put the Smash Bros. Star Fox amiibo on the GamePad yet
- Miyamoto wants an Arwing amiibo
- Amiibo designs have no size restrictions, so they could make giant ones
- planning for the Amiibo line to continue on after 3DS/Wii U to Nintendo's next platforms

Link