Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Do you mind if I use that gif in my signature?

Yea no problem.

It's kinda sad that kirby doesn't get the KO meter stats when taking Little macs moves. I wanna see Kirby uppercutting the shit out of fighters. That would look so bad ass of kirby.

How did you feel about the physics/speed of the game? 

On the WIi-U version, It was much faster than Brawl, there's a pretty big difference you can tell just by playing it.

3DS version I wasn't able to tell cause in Smash Run, all your abilities (speed, power, defense) gets increased each time you defeat and enemy and collect power-ups. And I wasn't able to tell how fast it was in the match afterwards because everyone was giant and we were fighting on a small stage.

But both versions were pretty chaotic, to say the least.

On the subject of Snake returning, I wouldn't count him out just yet. There are alot of veterans returning that I honestly did not count on returning.

I didn't count on Ike returning because of Fire Emblem Awakening, I didn't count on Lucario returning because of GenVI's pokemon, and I didn't count on Toon Link returning because of his last game being in 2009. But as Sakurai's proven before, Relevancy doesn't matter. I would say it more so depends on how popular the veteran is in order to return. All of these characters were fairly popular in Brawl, so it would only make some sense for them to return.

Snake was fairly popular in Brawl, and is just as popular now as he was 6 years ago. I would take a look at Sonic. People say he's in Smash 4 because "of how close he is to Nintendo", but I think it's more to do with the fact that people just liked Sonic in Brawl, and wanted him back for Smash 4.

People enjoyed Snake, and even Kojima said he would be fine with Snake returning for Smash 4. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned, but at the same time I would be more understanding and less "THEY LET PAC-MAN IN BUT NOT SNAKE!?" if he didn't return.

No matter how popular Mewtwo is, he's not coming back btw, lol

• Thumbs Up 1

we've got our Amiibo price range!
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230905-reggie-on-amiibo-price-no-wii-u-price-cut-wii-u-successor-f2p-entering-china-more

Reggie on Amiibo price, no Wii U price cut, Wii U successor, F2P, entering China & more

Jun 13, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Coming from a Seattle Times interview with Reggie Fils-Aime...

Q: How much will the upcoming Amiibo game figurines cost in stores?

A: You can expect them to be comparable to the Disney and Skylander products that are on the market. [They cost $10 to $15.]

Each toy??? What??? Yea, not collecting them all anymore. imagine 10$ for each smash character? Just give Me Sonic, Kirby Peach Luigi Bowser Megaman and Rosalina and with that its gonna cost me at least over 70$!!!

On second thought, Just give Sonic and Mario

I assumed it was gonna be like less than 5$ each.

Really, the best choice would be getting Mario, Link, Samus, and Sonic (or the first 3 only).

Dude, look at the quality of the toys, these are as much collectors pieces, as well as bonus stuff for various games, and its not like many figures for any of these characters exist, and those that do tend to be exclusive collectors pieces(like F4F) that go for $200 or higher. That price range is quite reasonable, for both the quality alone, and gain rarity, and also expect buy 2 get one free deals eventualy

sure you will have to think twice before collecting them all, but on the other hand they aren't hiding any essential features or characters behind a paywall like skylanders or Disney infinity, and they have great value in presentation alone, let alone the extra fact that they add bonuses to your game 

People have been wanting real life smash trophies for years, and if they had happened any other way I would expect them to be $20+ and hard to find, this price is completely reasonable

But honestly, this is the reason i never liked the idea of NFC figures. If Nintendo goes the Physical DLC route of Skylanders/Infinity in the future, then screw that.

But honestly, this is the reason i never liked the idea of NFC figures. If Nintendo goes the Physical DLC route of Skylanders/Infinity in the future, then screw that.

They have already explicity said they aren't, closest thing to that that might happen is say a non-Mario character in MK8, but even then that's a special perk that would have never happened in the first place 

Nintendo has expressly shown their vision, and they want to make the Amiibos beneficial and helpful

and anybody wanting a $5 price was living a pipe dream unless they wanted something mcdonald's quality, 10-15 is totally reasonable for the quality they are doing

• Thumbs Up 3

Bowser Amiibo for MK8 and Mario Party 10.

Link and Zelda Amiibo for Zelda Wii U.

Samus Amiibo for Metroid Wii U whenever it happens.

Marth, Ike, and Chrom/Robin Amiibos for SMTXFE.

Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman, and Wii Fit Amiibos for display purposes.

That's the immediate extent of my Smash Amiibo collection. I plan to get all the figures if possible, but splay the acquisition process throughout the year. Shouldn't be that difficult. Not like these figures will be limited edition or anything.

They're mass-produced Nintendo-licensed figures with computer chips installed in them for memory and game-evolving purposes. 10 bucks is a steal.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I'll get them gradually, just one or two here and there. If K. Rool still ends up in Smash Bros. he'd be my first pick, otherwise probably Marth or Ike.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ways Amiibo are used in gameplay don't really sound very interesting to me. I want a few just for the sake of having them, though. 

Collecting them all would be preeetty damn expensive.

I don't think I'll get any. The features don't particularly interest me and I don't need more stuff lying around.

Maybe I just don't understand them, though.

Someone finagled with the CSS we've currently seen and tried to make an estimate of character roster size, basing it off of how the Brawl CSS expanded as more characters were unlocked.

bgclRrQ.jpg

Replacing one slot for the Random option, this grants a roster of 47 characters. We currently have a roster of 35, so it's not too out there.

They sound way too expensive considering their size, the sheer amount of them and their so far small impact on games. I'll probably buy the odd one, but at $10 a pop they are absolutely not "collectable", especially if there are gonna be so many of them.

@Razor Wind:

I read the full AMA comment from Zero and it does really sound like the "announcement" has nothing to do with Nintendo, so it's probably not anything to do with a Smash 4 build we haven't seen but instead I'd say it's likely something to do with the competitive community efforts, perhaps a new tournament system, a new website being made to help promote the competitive scene, or a big slew of tournaments, heck maybe even Project M at EVO or something nuts like that, but it doesn't sound like it's anything to do with Nintendo. If it's positive news regarding Project M though, surely that's good news? It would imply that it still has a future as far as the Smash Community higher ups know.

As for the Palutena "leak", it was already confirmed fake (actually during a reaction video to Palutena's reveal), it's crazy how accurate it was for a fake.

So are there any other veteran characters people are hoping for?

I genuinely hope for every Brawl character to return, except for Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle because I've given up on them. If ROB, Lucas, Ice Climbers, anyone like that goes, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Someone finagled with the CSS we've currently seen and tried to make an estimate of character roster size, basing it off of how the Brawl CSS expanded as more characters were unlocked.

Replacing one slot for the Random option, this grants a roster of 47 characters. We currently have a roster of 35, so it's not too out there.

Funnily enough that's the exact same number of characters I had on my prediction roster a few pages back

c8b50f728d505c7fb12ca93b7110c3ad.png

I personally still expect the bottom row to be two-short so the total is 45, but it could end up looking something like that yeah.

It'd be nice is Brawl Maker was updated to have a mode that allowed you to create rosters with the SSB4 UI :v

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it's most likely just tournament organization. The only other thing I can think of is if Zero was picked up by a big time sponsor, and that sponsor wants to a have a direct hand in keeping the competitive scene alive.

Project M will never be admitted into EVO though. That just invites a slew of copyright complications that a professional circuit like EVO would not want any part of.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that actually how the character select looks?

I genuinely hope for every Brawl character to return, except for Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle because I've given up on them. If ROB, Lucas, Ice Climbers, anyone like that goes, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Eh, I can do without ROB and maybe Lucas.

Is that actually how the character select looks?

The one we've actually seen from E3 looks like this;

ssb4-wiiu-characterselect.png

The Pikachu one above was made based on this one, with the assumption that character icons would rearrange and shrink like they did in Brawl, as more were added/unlocked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure what people were expecting the Amiibo figures to be priced at. They're electronics. They can store data for use across multiple games. They cost money to be manufactured, and they're actually surprisingly big. 

amiibo.JPG

Them being less than 10 bucks was never going to happen. 

I doubt I'll collect nearly all of them- Sakurai himself said that would be difficult-  but I'll be getting the ones of characters I want. 

• Thumbs Up 9

Unfortunately, its impossible to judge the size of the roster just based on that. They can downscale the characters as much as they want, really.

Also, apparently its been confirmed the Mii slot doesn't use a regular slot in the roster, the Mii slot instead is toggled with a different button and replaces Random. This was shown on the Treehouse apparently. I didn't see it, but it was mentioned on Smashboards.

• Thumbs Up 2

... Where was Sheik?

Sheik was only playable in the 3DS version at E3.

Also, apparently its been confirmed the Mii slot doesn't use a regular slot in the roster, the Mii slot instead is toggled with a different button and replaces Random. This was shown on the Treehouse apparently. I didn't see it, but it was mentioned on Smashboards.

Eh really? That sounds hecka confusing.. Why would it replace Random? I need Random 8(

Doesn't Sakurai know that I main Random for the first two months of Smash releases until I am confident I know which character I enjoy playing most??

Eh really? That sounds hecka confusing.. Why would it replace Random? I need Random 8(

Doesn't Sakurai know that I main Random for the first two months of Smash releases until I am confident I know which character I enjoy playing most??

Hmm, I should try that myself 

• Thumbs Up 1

It could be like Melee where you'd get a random character by clicking a blank spot on the character select.

If you want Random, don't pick a Mii. Its as simple as that. :P