Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If you want Random, don't pick a Mii. Its as simple as that. tongue.png

That still sounds confusing, how do you "toggle" it? I don't really get it.. I also watched almost all the Treehouse stuff and didn't see it.

Ah well either way I'm sure it works well enough, whatever it is.

Looking at the Infinite figures for $13 a piece at Toys R Us, an under $10 price tag on an Amiibo wasn't going to happen.

It's hard to tell which figures I'll get (apart from Sonic in which case x2 for collection purposes :D ), we don't know what they're fully capable of yet.. so if what we were shown is all they're limited to, I'll get a few.. if there's more to them then yes, I'll get a bunch, especially of characters that aren't on the roster if Nintendo decide to go that way (DLC?)

Anyway, anyone going to Smash Fest again tomorrow? I want to see lots of pics :) Can't make it, mother in laws birthday otherwise I'd be up early waiting in line

So, potential 47 slots? Considering how Sakurai has expressed to create DLC maybe only after the game is finished, i doubt some of them will be reserved for DLC characters. That makes me wonder though if it will be more compressed if DLC will actually arrive.

That still sounds confusing, how do you "toggle" it? I don't really get it.. I also watched almost all the Treehouse stuff and didn't see it.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Why the toggle? It would be simpler to just give them their own slot.

Also, congrats on becoming a mod.

Word's going around that a Verdant Bluchal was spotted in Smash Run.

As in, this thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Hopefully ironclad confirmation of it can be made at tomorrow's Smash-Fest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna see if I can find the comment on Smashboards again.

As in, this thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Wow, it would be awesome if Shulk was in. As someone who played the hell out of Xenoblade Chronicles, it would be a real treat.

• Thumbs Up 1

As in, this thing.

Welp, that's it then I guess. As soon as that gets proven true, the leaks are basically all but confirmed.

You better have some more surprises up your sleeve Sakurai, I don't want this to be the end of all the fun and speculation... all we'll be left to discuss otherwise is which veterans are getting cut and which are getting another shot at the big time!

As in, this thing.

hqdefault.jpg

Speaking of whiiich

were you joking when you mentioned Mewtwo and Isaac being spotted in Master Ball/Assist Trophy respectively? <:3

I don't think we should take an enemy appearing in Smash Run as confirmation of characters. I'm sure Smash Run will have enemies from series without playable reps.

Also, from what I can see of the monster, it sort of reminds me of Leevers from Zelda.

Speaking of whiiich

were you joking when you mentioned Mewtwo and Isaac being spotted in Master Ball/Assist Trophy respectively? <:3

Had that not been a joke, I would have mentioned it Wednesday during Smash-Fest day, just before being promptly massacred by the angry mob that would have been chasing after me. 8P

But just imagine the sheer luck some poor sap would have to have in order to reveal those two in a single sitting tomorrow. We'd never hear from him or her again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reyn should be an Assist Trophy and say "Now it's Reyn Time!"

I don't think we should take an enemy appearing in Smash Run as confirmation of characters. I'm sure Smash Run will have enemies from series without playable reps.

Also, from what I can see of the monster, it sort of reminds me of Leevers from Zelda.

The enemies have symbols corresponding to the game they're from. Unless it's a Smash symbol, those characters are in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else think the section in the Pac Man reveal which showed the Namco summons will be a custom special to replace the fruit?

Even if the leaks are true, I think there's gotta be SOME surprise characters we wouldn't know about. The leaker didn't mention Rosalina, after all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Say you guys, if you are going to use minions as evidence towards playable characters, the fact is that with one exception(super strikers) Every game the Kremlings have been in K.Rool has been in, from Barrel blast to super sluggers

Normally I would agree if the franchises represented were popular series' or not weirdly specific choices from obscure series'.

I mean. Rhythm Heaven is pretty obscure, what are the chances that one of the "leaked" characters would be from such an obscure/unlikely series that barely even has "characters" to begin with, and then we see some Rhythm Heaven "enemies" even though the series barely has "enemies" in the traditional sense?

It seems far too intentional to me to be coincidence, I couldn't see Rhythm Heaven getting enemy rep in any other circumstance besides necessity considering there's barely anything in it that qualifies as "villainous" in that series.

EDIT@Mando:

There were Kremlings in both Mario Strikers game as nothing but DK reps, K. Rool was nowhere to be seen in either game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, for some odd reason I feel like there's gonna be one more curveball. Just one more, though. Ending the roster with two more swordfighters (Shulk, Chrom) + the random pick (Chorus Men) would be weird. 

While that's true, I can't imagine any other reason to include the Ghost from Rhythm Heaven as an enemy. That goes beyond obscure- it's not like a Koopa, or Met or something that has a good reason to be in Smash Run. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Normally I would agree if the franchises represented were popular series' or not weirdly specific choices from obscure series'.

I mean. Rhythm Heaven is pretty obscure, what are the chances that one of the "leaked" characters would be from such an obscure/unlikely series that barely even has "characters" to begin with, and then we see some Rhythm Heaven "enemies" even though the series barely has "enemies" in the traditional sense?

It seems far too intentional to me to be coincidence, I couldn't see Rhythm Heaven getting enemy rep in any other circumstance besides necessity considering there's barely anything in it that qualifies as "villainous" in that series.

EDIT@Mando:

There were Kremlings in both Mario Strikers game as nothing but DK reps, K. Rool was nowhere to be seen in either game.

Ehhh, I don't have an actual argument, but I think I'm right xD

The best I can say is, that Sakurai might've wanted to represent series that didn't make the playable roster in ways besides trophies and maybe he thought they'd be fun to see and have clever ways to attack.

By the way, have we seen any Wario enemies?

Say you guys, if you are going to use minions as evidence towards playable characters, the fact is that with one exception(super strikers) Every game the Kremlings have been in K.Rool has been in, from Barrel blast to super sluggers

The Kremlings are not an indication of King K. Rool whatsoever. They're just the most iconic Donkey Kong enemies (besides Mario, but he's kinda in the game already) - and seeing as we have two DK reps, both notably from the Donkey Kong Country games, it makes sense for them to have the generic grunts from that series.

K. Rool is still a possibility I suppose but I really really wouldn't count on him being in. I'd say Assist Trophy at best, if I had to guess.

Having obscure Rhythm Heaven and Xenoblade Chronicles enemies pop up though... yeah, that's suspicious. Especially as the latter is now topical again thanks to Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

If series without playable characters can still get representation in Smash Run, there'd better be some Black Hole goons or so help me

No, but then we haven't seen anyone or anything from Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing yet either. The former because virtually every enemy is a human or humanoid and thus paints a non kid-friendly image if a random Manakete or Archer was an enemy, and the latter because there's barely any malicious antagonists in AC to speak of. Wario's sadly likely going to be in his Warioware persona, and that has the same level of tameness as AC.

Ehhh, I don't have an actual argument, but I think I'm right xD

The best I can say is, that Sakurai might've wanted to represent series that didn't make the playable roster in ways besides trophies and maybe he thought they'd be fun to see and have clever ways to attack.

I do like the idea of seeing enemies from non-repped series' in Smash Run and I hope we do, I'd love to see Golden Sun enemies even if we don't see a Golden Sun rep..

Also I haven't noticed any Wario enemies, but we also haven't seen any Ice Climber enemies besides that Polar Bear in a screenshot from forever ago.

I also do think Wario Land enemies are possible, I mean we're seeing enemies from many different parts of characters' histories in Smash Run so far, it'd be a real shame if there were no Wario Land enemies.

As far as enemies in WarioWare go, Game and Wario could provide a few, such as the army of Wario robots from "Arrow" or the UFOs from "Taxi". Heck, if we're really reaching, the giant cookies from "Ashley"

• Thumbs Up 1