Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

As far as Animal Crossing enemies go... they could have... umm... oh god... THE BEES

aaaaaaaand that's about it as far as I can think of

I'd have said Tom Nook and all his raccoon brethren but we already know they show up as part of the Final Smash... much to the dismay of everyone who has ever played Animal Crossing and wants to pummel that greedy shopkeeper into the ground

They could use that robot from the Island Hammer minigame :v

And scorpions or tarantulas?

That still sounds confusing, how do you "toggle" it? I don't really get it.. I also watched almost all the Treehouse stuff and didn't see it.

Ah well either way I'm sure it works well enough, whatever it is.

Found it, here's the comment:

http://smashboards.com/threads/time-to-tip-the-scales-robin-tactician-for-ssb4.334742/page-77

So yesterday the treehouse stream revealed that Miis are toggable through the menu and replace the random button. Leakerbros said the same thing in his post as well...

So there is still hope. A small shimmer of light; but it's there nonetheless

Basically, they talked about it, but it wasn't actually available in the demo. I missed that part, though, so I can't confirm it in any way.

As for this talk about K. Rool, I think the Kremlings appearing and the Chunky Kong AT do help his chances quite a bit. Kremlings last appeared around the same time K. Rool did and weren't "relevent" in the recent games, and Chunky Kong never appeared again post-DK64. Mostlikely, if we were to get a DK AT it'd probably be either King K. Rool or Dixie Kong first and foremost, but the first DK AT we've ever seen was Chunky Kong, a very obscure DK character who only appeared once.

Plus, DK's "revival" was way, way bigger and better than both that of Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, with DKCR selling more than double the number of copies of both games combined. Tropical Freeze also debuted at #2 in the charts for both Japan and the west, although the western launch was far, far better than Japan.

• Thumbs Up 2

We haven't seen any Sonic enemies, have we? Granted, I'm not actively searching every Smash Run video for them.

Anyway, as for enemies from series w/o a rep, I'd like to see some Alex Kidd enemies. Like that stupid car that drives into you, effectively being the hardest enemy to kill.

And for a more realistic choice, Advance Wars baddies!

Egg Robo's are in Smash Run, they have a powerful beam shot to look out for too, they never shot anything that powerful before.

I'd have said Tom Nook and all his raccoon brethren but we already know they show up as part of the Final Smash... much to the dismay of everyone who has ever played Animal Crossing and wants to pummel that greedy shopkeeper into the ground

The fact he and his minions go flying after the house explodes should provide SOME catharsis.

I like the idea of the Hammer Time robot being an Animal Crossing enemy, though. That'd be legitimately funny.

We haven't seen any Sonic enemies, have we? Granted, I'm not actively searching every Smash Run video for them.

We've seen Egg Robos.

The fact he and his minions go flying after the house explodes should provide SOME catharsis.

They... they do? biggrin.png

When the game comes out, remind me to snapshot the exact moment they get caught up in the blast. I will then upload the snapshot, print it out, frame it, and hang it triumphantly on my wall for all the world to see.

They... they do? biggrin.png

When the game comes out, remind me to snapshot the exact moment they get caught up in the blast. I will then upload the snapshot, print it out, frame it, and hang it triumphantly on my wall for all the world to see.

Yup! It was a playthrough during the Treehouse, they were playing on Skyloft, and after the house explodes, you can see Tom spinning offscreen, but since the background changed and everyone was in the air, they followed him until he just disappeared out of thin air.

We've seen Egg Robos.

Seriously? Do you have a picture or video of them? :DD

Yeah, it's really weird that Egg-Robo of all things is in Smash Run. Everyone thought a Buzzbomber, Egg Pawn, or Motobug would be the series enemy rep, but having Egg-Robo, and a threatening Egg-Robo at that, is surprising. Makes me hope for a Sky Sanctuary song or nod to be present in the game.

Pac-Man's even weirder. The iconic Ghosts for enemies, or maybe something from Pac-World or Pac-Land?

Nah

screen-9.jpg

Have a Pooka instead. Dig-Dug confirmed

Yeah, it's really weird that Egg-Robo of all things is in Smash Run. Everyone thought a Buzzbomber, Egg Pawn, or Motobug would be the series enemy rep, but having Egg-Robo, and a threatening Egg-Robo at that, is surprising. Makes me hope for a Sky Sanctuary song or nod to be present in the game.

Pac-Man's even weirder. The iconic Ghosts for enemies, or maybe something from Pac-World or Pac-Land?

Nah

screen-9.jpg

Have a Pooka instead. Dig-Dug confirmed

Sky Sanctuary for 3DS would be amazing. biggrin.png

EDIT:

On the note of "dangerous" Egg Robos... has anyone SEEN all the different Kritters? Typically Kremling recolors don't do much, but these Kritters are totally badass, each one does a completely different thing and they're very different from one another. There's at least 3 varieties of Kritters.

Egg Robo's are in Smash Run, they have a powerful beam shot to look out for too, they never shot anything that powerful before.

Shooting a Speedy Laser Blast might just be the same thing, plus they've must've hacked their guns.

I don't have one, sorry. I think there's a picture buried in this thread somewhere, though.

Thanks Dabbido.

Just some EggRobo pics from the 3DS version stream : ) Egg-Robo seems to be quite the formidable foe!!! or at least not a pushover.

He has a regular shooting attack, and hovers away from you if you approach him (or it I guess), besides that he sometimes fires one huge energy beam, which knocks you back considerably, there seems to be a similar shot, but looks thinner to me, probably it's just the beginning of the energy beam.

eggrobo_zps82fcfb57.png

Enjoy!

EDIT:

He also aims his shot, if you jump up he follows with his gun position, quite a nice touch I think!

Yes.

YES.

I always loved those guys. I'm glad they decided on a classic enemy as opposed to Egg Pawns or something (though I wouldn't mind seeing an Unleashed enemy as well). Thanks for showing those pictures to me!

Honestly, one of the things that makes me think K.Rool is possible, is that DK just went through a DKC related revival, is back in the spotlight and is extremely popular again, making him likely for 2 slots, of which one would be an iconic universal character(Dixie), and the other an Iconic, and possibly retro villain, which points to K.Rool, who would also be another great giant character additional to the roster, and contribute to the tradition of upscaling Trouble Kings every generation

unique appearance, and moveset help too, Kremlings and a variety of DK character Assist trophies(possibly Cranky and Chunky who hasn't appeared since 64) make it seem even more likely to me

also I want a K.Rool amiibo :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, one of the things that makes me think K.Rool is possible, is that DK just went through a DKC related revival, is back in the spotlight and is extremely popular again, making him likely for 2 slots, of which one would be an iconic universal character(Dixie), and the other an Iconic, and possibly retro villain, which points to K.Rool, who would also be another great giant character additional to the roster, and contribute to the tradition of upscaling Trouble Kings every generation

unique appearance, and moveset help too, Kremlings and a variety of DK character Assist trophies(possibly Cranky and Chunky who hasn't appeared since 64) make it seem even more likely to me

also I want a K.Rool amiibo tongue.png

K. Rool Amiibo would be awesome. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

So after tuning into Prog's stream, it was all clear for project M, but he basically confirmed that Nintendo knows about it, and are "intrigued" by it but for legal reasons can't discuss it publicly. 

It's for the best that they stay back from Project M. It's such a grey area that if they acknowledged it publicly (whether positively or negatively), it would bring nothing but problems.

However, this may also add some evidence to the idea that Sakurai actually took "some" inspiration to the mod, seeing as there have been noted similarities at points; but nothing confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Project M is "safe" for the foreseeable future? That's good at least.

Also, I'm convinced the peeps at Nintendo, maybe even at Sora and Namco, have been playing some Project M. There's too much similarity between some Project M ideas and some of the new SSB4 ideas to be coincidence, surely? Like multiple grapples on the same ledge, Sonic's kick-from-spin, and others?

• Thumbs Up 1

FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!!

I'm not gonna be able to try out smash tomorrow!!!!

Sigh, time to wait 6 more months without knowing how it plays. FUUCK

Even though I know how it plays......you know what I mean.

Thanks Dabbido.

*sniff* that makes me feel warm inside somehow ;w; but yeah, no probs tongue.png

In case you haven't seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykr2KZT0K6g&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ&index=4  

Greninja, Little Mac, WFT, Villager, Megaman Kirby hats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quEunnROJrI&index=7&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ 

Taunts from the newcomers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ao5KReP8U&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ&index=6 

And Luigis FS footage

All from GameXplain.  Really nice to see taunts and how Luigi's FS works. I'd enjoy the Kirby one more if it was a tad clearer, but still awesome, they're all exactly how I expected them to be. WFT Kirby even has pale "skin".

• Thumbs Up 4

Yea about that. His final smash kinda sucks. Seems like its hard to get the players in the vacuum.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Kirby pulls an Olimar when she copies Rosalina - he'll summon a Luma, and the Luma will instantly go for an attack, and disappear.

I'm curious on how Kirby copying Mii Fighters and Palutena will work. Since their neutral special can be changed, I'm guessing there will be coding for Kirby to recognize a different neutral special from the default and perform the new attack.

And I'm anxious to see Pac-Kirby in action. If Pac's neutral special is summoning a stream of Pac-Dots and going Classic to chase them, will Kirby also turn into a Pink Classic Pac and do the same? I want to hear Kirby chirping "waka-waka". tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2