Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

DK DOES have several of his own spinoffs. None of them are very successful, but they do exist. Barrel Blast was even an attempt at a Donkey Kong only racer.

Diddy Kong racing counts, and its still considered one of the best kart racers of time, the handheld version included Dixie and Tiny 

In regards to the game's competitive viability, judging by others' impressions the main problems seem to be landing lag, SDI and dash-dancing. Air dodges are still infinite like in Brawl but increase landing lag making it more punishable, so while it's not ideal it's an improvement I guess. There are other things I see, but decreasing landing-lag, improving SDI and increasing the window for dash-dancing seem to be the changes near everyone agrees upon.

DK DOES have several of his own spinoffs. None of them are very successful, but they do exist. Barrel Blast was even an attempt at a Donkey Kong only racer.

I know, but he hasn't had any spinoffs in a while yet. Diddy Kong Racing was widely loved, though.

Lets see what I can remember myself:

1. Donkey Kong(Mario was hero)[arcade]
  2. Donkey Kong Jr (Mario was villain)[arcade]
  3. Donkey Kong 3(Stanley was hero)[arcade]
  4. Donkey Kong [GB](expanded version of original arcade game)
  5. Donkey Kong Country [sNES]
  6. Donkey Kong Country 2 [sNES] (starred Diddie and Dixie)
  7. Donkey Kong Country 3 [snes] (starred Dixie and Kiddie)
  8. Donkey Kong Land [GB] (based loosely off DKC)
  9. Donkey Kong Land 2[GB] (based loosely off DKC2)(starred Diddie and Dixie)
  10. Donkey Kong Land 3[GB] (based loosely off DKC3)(starred Dixie and Kiddie)
  11. Donkey Kong 64
  12. Diddy Kong Racing(SpinOff)
  13. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat(NGC)
  14. Donkey Konga 1-3 (NGC)(SpinOff)
  15. DK King of Swing (GBA) (SpinOff)
  16. DK Jungle Climber(GBA) (SpinOff)
  17. DK Barrel Blast(wii)(SpinOff)
  18. Diddy Kong Racing DS(improved version, added Diddy and Tiny Kong)(SpinOff)
  19. Donkey Kong Country Returns (wii)
  20. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

And that's not including the GBC/GBA remakes of DKC1-3, he's had plenty of main titles over the years, and a handful of spinoffs, though not as well received as marios'

He has had more than enough solo games after the first 2 with Mario to establish himself as his own franchise, and he's overdue for a resurgence, and he's in the top four Nintendo franchises alongside Mario, LOZ, and Kirby, and technically he and Mario split off after DK1, and Mario is as easily a DK character as he is his own

He is long over due for a third if not fourth rep considering that Star Fox got 3 in the last smash, and yes I know that Dixie was cut due to a lack of time for Brawl, but I think there is a high chance of him getting 2 new reps, because it also one of those few opportunities to add another villain as well, and his is the only one of the top four Nintendo franchises that does not have a fourth rep, even Kirby does by now

so once again I think Dixie and K.Rool have a good chance, even though I wouldn't be crushed if they weren't I think they will be

Also Note that K.Rool had an appearance in 11 of these games, including 4 main, 5 handheld(all 3 lands, and both spinoffs), and 2 spinoffs, he has had a considerable presence

Hm, that's a tad odd. I can understand the Mii Fighters, but why Palutena? Does her moveset really differ that significantly by the customization feature?

I found it bizarre as well...I can't say for sure but it was the 2nd day of e3 on a news site..there was a picture of Palutena and Mii fighters slashed diagonally down seperating them and saying that well both can't be used online with everybody..

Lets see what I can remember myself:

1. Donkey Kong(Mario was hero)[arcade]
  2. Donkey Kong Jr (Mario was villain)[arcade]
  3. Donkey Kong 3(Stanley was hero)[arcade]
  4. Donkey Kong [GB](expanded version of original arcade game)
  5. Donkey Kong Country [sNES]
  6. Donkey Kong Country 2 [sNES] (starred Diddie and Dixie)
  7. Donkey Kong Country 3 [snes] (starred Dixie and Kiddie)
  8. Donkey Kong Land [GB] (based loosely off DKC)
  9. Donkey Kong Land 2[GB] (based loosely off DKC2)(starred Diddie and Dixie)
  10. Donkey Kong Land 3[GB] (based loosely off DKC3)(starred Dixie and Kiddie)
  11. Donkey Kong 64
  12. Diddy Kong Racing(SpinOff)
  13. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat(NGC)
  14. Donkey Konga 1-3 (NGC)(SpinOff)
  15. DK King of Swing (GBA) (SpinOff)
  16. DK Jungle Climber(GBA) (SpinOff)
  17. DK Barrel Blast(wii)(SpinOff)
  18. Diddy Kong Racing DS(improved version, added Diddy and Tiny Kong)(SpinOff)
  19. Donkey Kong Country Returns (wii)
  20. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

And that's not including the GBC/GBA remakes of DKC1-3, he's had plenty of main titles over the years, and a handful of spinoffs, though not as well received as marios'

He has had more than enough solo games after the first 2 with Mario to establish himself as his own franchise, and he's overdue for a resurgence, and he's in the top four Nintendo franchises alongside Mario, LOZ, and Kirby, and technically he and Mario split off after DK1, and Mario is as easily a DK character as he is his own

He is long over due for a third if not fourth rep considering that Star Fox got 3 in the last smash, and yes I know that Dixie was cut due to a lack of time for Brawl, but I think there is a high chance of him getting 2 new reps, because it also one of those few opportunities to add another villain as well, and his is the only one of the top four Nintendo franchises that does not have a fourth rep, even Kirby does by now

so once again I think Dixie and K.Rool have a good chance, even though I wouldn't be crushed if they weren't I think they will be

Also Note that K.Rool had an appearance in 11 of these games, including 4 main, 5 handheld(all 3 lands, and both spinoffs), and 2 spinoffs, he has had a considerable presence

Actually, Dixie was cut because she was supposed to be part of a tag team with Diddy Kong and they couldn't get it working right. I could admittedly see two more DK reps, although at this point its a bit iffy.

Actually, Dixie was cut because she was supposed to be part of a tag team with Diddy Kong and they couldn't get it working right. I could admittedly see two more DK reps, although at this point its a bit iffy.

For comparison: 

Star Fox: 5 games; 3 reps

LOZ: 17 main released, ~2-3spin-offs; 5 characters(known/extremely possible, I mean they aren't dropping Ganondorf)

Kirby: 14 main, 8 spin-offs; 4 reps

Fact is that DK is more than eligible for the 4 playable character party, among the main four alone, and even amonger the mid level franchises

I'm not counting Mario because his are nearly infinite, or Pokémon due to extreme popular, and technicly isn't Nintendo(permanently exclusive, but not the point)

The fact is that DK is more than eligible, now we don't know if it'll happen, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out, and again villians are at a premium, and K.Rool has a number of things going for him

• Thumbs Up 1

For comparison: 

Star Fox: 5 games; 3 reps

LOZ: 17 main released, ~2-3spin-offs; 5 characters(known/extremely possible, I mean they aren't dropping Ganondorf)

Kirby: 14 main, 8 spin-offs; 4 reps

Fact is that DK is more than eligible for the 4 playable character party, among the main four alone, and even amonger the mid level franchises

I'm not counting Mario because his are nearly infinite, or Pokémon due to extreme popular, and technicly isn't Nintendo(permanently exclusive, but not the point)

The fact is that DK is more than eligible, now we don't know if it'll happen, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out, and again villians are at a premium, and K.Rool has a number of things going for him

I'm well aware DK is more than eligible, and in fact, if any franchise were to get 2 new reps this game I think DK would be the prime pick. Granted, once DK hits 4, I can't see it going above 4 because that would cover the entire "core" cast of DK characters with DK himself, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool. The rest of the DK cast would be rounded out by several AT's.

• Thumbs Up 1

So fuck yea I got to play the game!

We were really lucky to play it, we were the last group to play the game only because they wrote down names to save ourselves a match. Lol when we were next the staff was like "you guys made it. You are really lucky." He even mention that they were due over time but good thing they had our name down.

So yea, I played as Sonic on battle field, and holy fuck the game is just already gorgeous on how it runs smoothly. Sonic felt great he was doing stuff that I was doing. But one problem, it was my first time using a pro controller and holy crap the controls were weird. I had trouble remembering which one was special and which one was standard. Sonic's dash attacks ends so slowly, every time I used it, I felt so vulnerable after the roll.

I spotted a new item and a Pokemon. The new item seemed to be just a log but I have no clue what it does. The Pokemon was a huge one that blows heavy wind, it was really powerful. I never seen this in my time playing it though.

Music was great.......but a glitch happened. When I got the hammer and the music played. So when I finished using the item, the music kept playing for the rest of the match, even when grabbing the star it changed into the star theme but when the star theme finished it went back to the hammer theme lol but who cares. I was having too much fun.

So then I was the winner of that match.

Next match I played as mega man. Oh my god my gameplay was worse. Mostly because everything I was playing was so knew, trying a new character and trying a new controller option so it was a problem. But the thing is, mega man doesn't seem like the one I can play with, he was too weapon based lol. He had some good moves like the charge shot and his dash attack. My Lil bro was sonic and he had the final smash but he didn't know where the B button was and lost it. I tried to relive the mega man moment from the tournament because the people watching us behind wanted mega man to finish it with his final smash but unfortunately I couldn't get it mostly because he felt so useless doing crazy moments but still very fun! But surprisingly I also won that match so horray!

Overall the game is fucking great, since I got to play its going to be a fucking blast playing it with my bros and cousins. And I hope hope hope HOOOPE online is top notch so I can face you guys. The feel of this game is great the items are a blast and I love it. I can also see 1v1 matches being more tense just how great the game feels, I'm super glad sonic is buffed up because I was able to not die until there was 35 seconds left on the timer. When I was mega man I died like 3 times but I was doing more damage to others.

Man this was so great I'm glad I was able to play it.

And at that moment I was like fuck I want to play more of this game. All those that played it at E3 are lucky.

I wanna keep talking about it but I got no more words. The only problem was me being so new to the pro controller so that's when I lacked on showing my skills which I saw coming because I only played with Wiimote and nunchuk

• Thumbs Up 1

You sure the Pokemon wasn't Lugia?

I have no idea, he was big I think dark blue with a lot of yellow and I think some red. And blows heavy wind

Also a pic would of helped. I have no idea who lugia is

I have no idea, he was big I think dark blue with a lot of yellow and I think some red. And blows heavy wind

Xerneas?

XerneasWiiU.png

Xerneas?XerneasWiiU.png

Nope.

It must be a Pokemon that's known for using wind I guess. I think he was a legendary because he was big.

I also seen victini during my time of play and I have no idea what he did.

I'll try and look for it on Google.

Thanks to Soniman for the info, but there's apparently a tentative tier list devised for the Smash 4 demo:

http://vanitas101.tumblr.com/post/88796696063/ssb4-tier-list-based-on-demo-by-ct-zero

Top Tier

Kirby - Extremely fast, powerful, great grab range & throws, fantastic recovery and great spike
Pit - Extremely good super armor side B KO move, very fast, excellent recovery and a reflector
Zero Suit Samus - Very agile, fantastic recovery, range and combos
Greninja - Great aerials, fast and powerful attacks and a great projectile. Good recovery, too!
Donkey Kong - Surprisingly fast and very strong. Great recovery as well and a powerful spike
High Tier
Pikachu - Powerful Smashes and combos, great recovery and fast
Mario - Surprisingly agile and has tons of combos and great aerial game
Olimar - Powerful and fast moveset coupled with a fantastic recovery
Samus - Super fast and powerful ground game, Up-B is a KO move and has a great recovery
Fox - Very agile, super good recovery, tons of combos
Marth - More ground based now, weaker aerial game, throws are KO moves, great range
Rosalina - Very floaty, tricky game, great Up Smash, good aerials
Bowser - Fast and powerful, could be even higher!
Mid Tier
Mega Man -Weak up close game, but strong medium range game, good escape and tricky
Wii Fit Trainer - Very undeveloped, don’t know much, though, putting her in the middle is safe.
Villager - Very weak up close, slow smash attacks, but good tilts and Up/Down Air
Sonic - No one played him!!! Putting him in the middle to be safe.
Link - Faster gameplay overall but much weaker camping game.
Low Tier
Little Mac - One mistake and you’re done for! Can’t fight platform camping or shield spam efficiently. Not the best grab range. Super powerful, but risky to use.
Zelda - Her moveset lacked strength, speed and range to compete with the other characters. She definitely needs to be changed up a bit.

Don't care for tiers much because it's pretty derogatory to lower tier character and people who play them.

But only good things can come from Mario moving up from dead last tier.

Likely due to the apparent focus on the defensive game, and the extreme knockback issues. Seeing as he's a ground fighter. He's meant to be offensive, and knocking people into the air isn't helping him when he's made to be on the ground.

I'm pretty surethe Pokemon I saw was a giratina. It was my first time see it appear in the game. It blows wind. Same thing as the wind blowing item.

I can't confirm that though because I barely remember how it looked.

I've never quite followed tier lists, but I guess it's a competitive thing, rather than serving as an insult to a particular character or those that like them. And, in any case, if you're just a bad player, playing with a "top tier" character won't magically make you better anyway; it ain't the tool, it's the hand that wields it. Also sort of why I don't really care for tiers in the first place, because I get the impression that a good player can likewise beat a character that may have more of an "edge" if they understand the strengths/weaknesses well enough.

Of course, I say this as someone who never had any interest in the competitive meta-game, and can hardly follow anything they talk about.

I'm pretty surethe Pokemon I saw was a giratina. It was my first time see it appear in the game. It blows wind. Same thing as the wind blowing item.

I can't confirm that though because I barely remember how it looked.

Well, Giratina looks like this, if that helps. I'm not sure it's known for blowing wind, and I would think it'd have something different, since blwoing wind seems to be Lugia's schtick. At the very least, I don't believe it's been confirmed yet, but if Palkia and Arceus are there, it wouldn't surprise me if Giratina and Dialga make it in as well.

Marth's counter lookin POWERFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ckQpLAsX3s

Marth's counter lookin POWERFUL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ckQpLAsX3s

wtf? Wow.

Do keep in mind, though, that the demo build is quite old, so a lot can change. Based on what I've heard, some of the expressions in this are "blank" expressions, whereas in the Smash Direct characters had more updated expressions making this demo build actually pre-Smash Bros. Direct. (this was brought up on Smashboards).

So yeah, Counter might be more powerful now than it will be in the final game.

Counter's effectiveness actually scales somewhat depending on the attack he was hit with, at least it was last time I checked (dunno if it still applied in Brawl, but getting hit with a countered Flare Blade in Melee sent you flying pretty fucking far compared to most ordinary hits). I'm pretty sure the barrel is what triggered the counter, and even at low speeds those friggin' hurt - that's perspective for ya.

The FE characters counters worked as such:

Marth (Melee): Guaranteed 7% damage and same knockback regardless of damage of received hit

Roy: 1.5x damage received with scaled knockback (to make up for this the counter came out later and there were fewer active frames than Marth's)

Marth (Brawl): 1.1x damage received with scaled knockback with minimum of 8% damage

Ike: 1.2x damage received with scaled knockback with minimum of 10% damage (again, the counter came out later than Marth's but there are actually more active frames)

In Brawl throwing a barrel did 20% so countering should do 22%.  Smash 4 Marth counter doing 35% means either the damage a thrown barrel deals got buffed, Marth's counter got buffed significantly or a combination of both.