Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Sakurai pointed out that Mii and Palutena are the only characters who get totally different customise moves, so Sonic will probably just have Springs with different effects. For example, he might get a Spring that doesn't send him very high, but sticks around on stage for longer, and a Spring that shoots him up in a straight line so fast that he damages people, however making it more difficult to move side to side.

Just some examples I came up with but I think we can expect Sonic's UpB variations to continue to use Springs of some sort.

We're missing the obvious customizable up-B, Tails lift!

The custom move set is not using a completely different, its adding a different affect to the move. The many examples we seen were in a different affect.

So tails is out the question.

For one of his spindash attacks, would leaving a trail of fire be possible?

• Thumbs Up 1

The custom move set is not using a completely different, its adding a different affect to the move. The many examples we seen were in a different affect.

So tails is out the question.

it was a JOKE, sometimes you guys have no sense of humor :( 

• Thumbs Up 1

it was a JOKE, sometimes you guys have no sense of humor :(

Lol oops I thought you were serious XD

Seriously, all these accounts of Chunky Kong being an assist trophy and still no footage of it?

COxcJpH.png

oCrdPdO.png

apparently it originated from smash boards, so I see no reason why the guy would be lying, and we'll know for sure by the time the game comes out, however there is a chance Sakurai might deem us worthy to see his glory this week and show him in the POTD

also he could be a rare assist trophy and there are A TON of Assist trophies in this one

I've never quite followed tier lists, but I guess it's a competitive thing, rather than serving as an insult to a particular character or those that like them. And, in any case, if you're just a bad player, playing with a "top tier" character won't magically make you better anyway; it ain't the tool, it's the hand that wields it. Also sort of why I don't really care for tiers in the first place, because I get the impression that a good player can likewise beat a

Well the thing about tier lists is that they are never final. Most tier lists are just based on observation and changed, but are prone to change. Hell, if Tier lists were actual rules, then the ice climbers and peach wouldn't have become some of the best characters in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything, use the Tier List as an incentive to get better if you use a current low tier. That's what the Brawl Sonic mains did - he went from "Just use dtilt and you beat him" to being the most frequent character in the top 8 at MLG Dallas in 2011. Never give up and never give in.

So I decided to put together my full thoughts about the Chunky Assist Trophy rumor floating around, it looks like it started on Smash Boards(and there is no reason to really question that). While we haven't seen it, there are a couple of possible reasons for that:

A) He is a rare Assist Trophy, and we have a ton of them in this game which makes it extremely likely just not a lot have seen him
B)He might have been recorded, but not seen because the average person would not know who he is, and could have edited him out/ the footage is so low key its easily missed

Also we could see him this week if Sakurai deems us with his presence in the pic of the day this week :P, but we'll probably know by release

My personal thought is that Sakurai has decided to expand DK's representation due to his recent revival and history, and decided to pull them from throughout the series, and Chunky is a fun part of the DK rap. This does lend to my thought that K.Rool might be playable

The newest rumor is somebody picked random in the demo and got Ganondorf.

It came from this Smash Boards post, which is actually really detailed and has a lot of info on each character: 

http://smashboards.com/threads/my-smash-4-best-buy-demo-info-impression-extravagganza.358436/

I'm going to end with a special surprise thing since I'm on the topic of Xion. He only actually has played smash 4 once, but he was going around distributing fliers to promote a tournament at both the Best Buy I was at and at the one in Lee's Summit. With his own eyes at the other one, he watched a little kid pick random and get... Ganondorf! Yeah, apparently random in the demo is buggy and could pull Ganondorf, and this otherwise unknown little kid at one of the least popular Best Buys was the only one who ever found something this fantastic from it. Unfortunately the player who got Ganon was apparently not very strong and just kinda mashed so it was hard to see much of how Ganon was changed, but he was based on his Twilight Princess model like in Brawl. Xion said Ganon had his Melee side special but otherwise seemed a lot like Brawl Ganon though he noted that Ganon seemed really unfinished which means that basically all the gameplay stuff has to be taken with a huge grain of salt in terms of relevance to the final product. I've known Xion for years; I can tell you he's not lying about this. So yeah, Ganon confirmed... if there was any doubt. 

So...if this is true, Ganondorf is based off his Twilight Princess variant like Zelda.

Wouldn't call bullshit on it just yet, considering how rushed the demo itself felt in comparison to the 3DS'.

The newest rumor is somebody picked random in the demo and got Ganondorf.

It came from this Smash Boards post, which is actually really detailed and has a lot of info on each character: 

http://smashboards.com/threads/my-smash-4-best-buy-demo-info-impression-extravagganza.358436/

So...if this is true, Ganondorf is based off his Twilight Princess variant like Zelda.

Not that I'd be too surprised if Ganondorf returned, but hopefully this is true. I actually enjoyed using him in Brawl, even if I would rather he be a unique character instead of a clone, but I liked that he packed such a punch with every hit.

Eh, there's not really anything to get out of this leak. Ganondorf will obviously be in and he'll have his TP design like Link and Zelda. The guy says he could fight completely different in the final game. How could he be wrong?

• Thumbs Up 3

Little Mac at the bottom? Damn, I really, really thought he'd be high up there. Hopefully it'll change in later more accurate tier lists.

Happy to see Mario and Bowser higher up then normal though, that's a change I can get behind. Happy to see Greninja up there as well as he looked really fun to play as. And Kirby at the top? That's certainly new. He's always been either mid or bottom tier. I suppose since Meta Knight is nowhere to be found he has to make Kirby broken to make up for it.  I wonder if he'll be nerfed at all before the final game? 

Either way I await more accurate tier lists a few months after the game is out. Also, did anyone say anything about the overall balance? Like how viable are the low tier characters compared to Melee or Brawl?

Also 

tumblr_n3qx4ezi6Y1rems4xo1_500.gif

Come on Sakuari. This goes for C. Falcon too. I could deal with Ness gone TBH (though it would suck majorly) but you better not get rid of one of my mains.....

This reminds me of how even if you hadn't unlocked them, you could still get Akuma and stuff in Street Fighter Alpha using the random select...

...Still, calling bullshit. That said, I don't doubt one bit that Ganondorf isn't coming back so it may as well be true.

You'd think Little Mac owning a one hit K.O concept would move him much higher up on the list than others. He's a unique character for sure, hopefully his air game isn't that dreadful... 

The way I see it, Little Mac will make a great counterpick character for flat stages, or stages with low and minimal platforms as long as people can master not getting grabbed and thrown into the air. 

• Thumbs Up 1

An OHKO move means nothing if Mac doesn't have the range to hit people and raise his KO meter. And with the shield being a viable option, anyone can shield grab him. And if they throw him offstage, it's ball game.

Mac's gotta have something else to keep him relevant in the competitive scene.

You'd think his speed+the moves that give him armour would allow him to not be so easily grabbed. 

He has a lot of power to him, and speed as well. He has a lot of super armor from the looks of it too. He has a bit of a counter game with some of his moves as well, so there is hope. I expect Mac to be a very defensive character who goes in looking for punishes, but avoids leaving himself out in the open. 

Unlike a character like Metaknight though, who is hard to trip up defensive wise; Little Mac has a weakness that makes up for his strength. 

You'd think Little Mac owning a one hit K.O concept would move him much higher up on the list than others. He's a unique character for sure, hopefully his air game isn't that dreadful... 

Unfortunately, his one hit K.O using the meter doesn't always K.O

tumblr_n3qx4ezi6Y1rems4xo1_500.gif

Come on Sakuari. This goes for C. Falcon too. I could deal with Ness gone TBH (though it would suck majorly) but you better not get rid of one of my mains.....

Unacceptable. 8I

There's no doubt either are returning. Regardless of their obscurity, Mother and F-Zero are EXTREMELY well loved by Nintendo fans, and their games are acclaimed every time they're brought up. Also, they're iconic and part of the original twelve. They won't be gone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Neither Ness or Captain Falcon were confirmed for Brawl until after it came out :v

Assuming SSB4 does have secret characters, and the character select screen apparently being the kind that will rearrange itself again makes me believe it will, there's no reason to believe Sakurai will reveal all secret characters before launch.

• Thumbs Up 6

"SONIC SPEED!" =D

But then, I can't imagine RCS saying "You're Too Slow!" anyway.

Sadly though, Sonic's "NOW I'LL SHOW YOU!" line for Super Sonic has been changed to "Super Sonic Style!". I think RCS could have managed the original line.

Dtaunt has the "Step it up!" part of the line removed too.

Neither Ness or Captain Falcon were confirmed for Brawl until after it came out :v

Kinda.. Ness was accidentally leaked by Nintendo themselves in a screen shot of how stickers worked. His head icon was visible, prompting Nintendo to quickly remove it