Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Hitler and Penis-Face Kart is okay though.

On the plus side, you can't see them unless you look at the highlight reel.

• Thumbs Up 2

You also can't give them costume customisation in MK8, who knows how much worse that could make Hitler Miis look.

If I remember right, Smash 4 demo players were saying Luigi's Dash Attack now has wicked priority. So it could be that DK's Storm Punch has consecutive hitboxes that Luigi is just barreling right through, while Sheik just got caught in the attack.

Found something interesting off of Tumblr

tumblr_inline_n7fyh8l1v41rytewk.png

I'm not sure when this tweet was made but I got a feeling that Sakurai is now messing with us...

Been thinking about how every character has two custom moves for every special, and now I'm curious on what they could possibly come up with for Olimar's Pikmin Pluck and Pikmin Order, Rosalina's Luma Shot, and Peach's Toad.

Like, there's not really a lot of ways to make alterations to these moves, especially the first three. I'm intrigued.

Found something interesting off of Tumblr

tumblr_inline_n7fyh8l1v41rytewk.png

I'm not sure when this tweet was made but I got a feeling that Sakurai is now messing with us...

Interesting. So, I guess Ness is somewhat confirmed now or something?

If Ness isn't back, I'll eat my shoes.

That's not even a bet. I just happen to eat shoes when I'm really, really sad about something.

• Thumbs Up 5

If Ness isn't back, I'll eat my shoes.

That's not even a bet. I just happen to eat shoes when I'm really, really sad about something.

Though this may not really be related to game development, I still do see this as some kind of hit for Ness to return. It may not be direct confirmation, but I'd still say Ness has a bit of a chance in returning.

BTW, nice animated picture in your sig.

Been thinking about how every character has two custom moves for every special, and now I'm curious on what they could possibly come up with for Olimar's Pikmin Pluck and Pikmin Order, Rosalina's Luma Shot, and Peach's Toad.

Like, there's not really a lot of ways to make alterations to these moves, especially the first three. I'm intrigued.

I could certaintly think of a handful. You could probably use Pluck to pluck and throw in a single motion, kinda like Kirby's copied equivalent, or a move that makes them fly high when plucked and hit enemies above. Order could be something as simple as harming enemies that Pikmin bump into en-route back to Olimar, enabling tactics like throwing them past foes deliberately and recalling them to hit from behind. Or hell, turn it into an attack order of some sort and make them break off and engage enemies individually until recalled or something.

Luma Shot I'm less familiar with so I dunno... is that the one that summons the Luma? Because that's as simple as creating one with different stats, so you could shove in the obligatory HP tank and Glass Cannon variants to play around with. Toad, well, that could be almost anything as long as it requires it to take a hit. It would be pretty funny if there was a variant that applied the flipping effect from Mario's Cape, or made enemies trip in surprise. XD

Yeah, the custom specials is a really neat idea. Only thing I was (mildly) disappointed about when they elaborated on it was that you can't change FLUDD to the Tornado. I was SO SURE that was gonna be an option! But I guess it makes more sense they'd be variations on the same idea.

Changing Mario's Down B to the Tornado would be giving him a move he already has except then he would just be able do it on the ground too...Not exactly the smartest thing to do.

Something like this. For one of the Zelda stages in this game.NOW!

(Seriously though, this theme in general just screams remix for Super Smash. I'm surprised it hasn't been used yet.)

On a related note, wonder what music from Majora's Mask will be included...Clocktown's theme remixed perhaps? Or termina field?

• Thumbs Up 1

Song of Healing in reverse

Being serious though, just give me Stone Tower or a remix thereof and I'll be set. I'd love Final Hours or Oath to Order too, but lord knows how you'd work that into a Smash stage, hehe.

Changing Mario's Down B to the Tornado would be giving him a move he already has except then he would just be able do it on the ground too...Not exactly the smartest thing to do.

Incorrect.  Mario Tornado being on a special allows it to be used as a recovery tool.  His recovery in Brawl got significantly worse because of that move being changed to an aerial.

Personally I would've liked to have seen his Down B something be a little more akin to the Galaxy spin.

• Thumbs Up 1

So going off a tip on Miiverse I checked the 3DS section of the smash site, and, well... HOW THE FUCKING HELL DID I MISS THIS?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRq5bz6ZNYU

Singleplayer ladders? Kid Icarus Uprising's wager system? Home Run Contest with a fucking bomb? Multi Mii Brawls? Snapshots and specator betting are back? Top-down Smash Bros what is this I don't fucking even???

• Thumbs Up 1

That was something Sakurai showed during the Smash Bros. segment of the Digital Event before Reggie talked about amiibo. It's totally packed with things we haven't seen before but they're all so disconnected that it's near impossible to paint a full picture of what they could be about.

One thing's for sure though, there are tons of modes in both versions of the game that we still don't even know exist. These games are gonna be truly huge.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I'm curious about is custom stages. I really do want those back, but with a lot more to customize.

I mean he went a step above that with custom fighters now, I think custom stages would be the icing on this customizable cake.

I just want customization options that aren't so...bland-looking.

Though I guess that would be somewhat difficult to implement.

Singleplayer ladders? Kid Icarus Uprising's wager system? Home Run Contest with a fucking bomb? Multi Mii Brawls? Snapshots and specator betting are back? Top-down Smash Bros what is this I don't fucking even???

That top-down thing totally took me back to Tin Pin in The World ends with you...there's even a power bar where you charge your shot to fling someone off the board.

Thinking it may have something to do with streetpass..

The only thing I'm curious about is custom stages. I really do want those back, but with a lot more to customize.

I mean he went a step above that with custom fighters now, I think custom stages would be the icing on this customizable cake.

The perfect way to implement custom stages would be have use of any stage's backdrop or props to make a good stage.